News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Show Attended?

Started by cactusfan, November 03, 2006, 01:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redrum

Quote from: rowjimmy on February 05, 2008, 01:47:19 PM
Ye. he played keys for the Zen Tricksters in the 90s then worked with Phil for a while. He is now in DSO.
He's an excellent player.

did he ever get his dragonfly tapestry back? (that was stolen twice no less!)

someone ganked it from him in lowell. fuckin Massholes!  :frustrated:

& on a side note:

Quote from: cleech74 on February 06, 2008, 01:02:20 AM
Nod to Radiohead with "Karma Police" thrown in the encore medley. 

great tune. i'm glad to say that my current project just learned it, we debuted it last wknd, and the crowd LOVED it.
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

sls.stormyrider

speaking of Barraco, check out this show with him and Herring.

Dragonflys, 7-18-05
http://www.archive.org/details/dflys2005-07-18.flac16

thanks to sophist for pointing it out
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Bobafett

Well, the Greyboys tore it up in Oxford the other night.  I didn't know any of the tunes by name, but a couple from their newest cd.  The crowd was maybe 300 peoples, so there was a nice turnout, and $18 tix, can't beat it.  I had a tix for Yonder last night, but everything at work is rolling at full clip, with my new oprotunity(sp?) there is too much potential for me to play too much now.  All work and no play for 2 years makes benji a rich boy.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

antelope19

Quote from: cleech74 on February 06, 2008, 01:02:20 AM
Saw Citizen Cope @ the Recher Theatre. Towson, MD.

Nod to Radiohead with "Karma Police" thrown in the encore medley.  Good times.  Well behaved sold out crowd.

My girl and I wore beads.  We saw one other person sportin' Les Bon Temps.  Milf. :evil:

Gave a few away at the end of the night, to those that earned it. :-D

Denny's aftershow rules.  Its been years...

Nice!  Glad you guys had fun.  Wish I coulda been there.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

mopper_smurf

Neil in Antwerp 2008/02/11

Two sources on Dime. Grabbing this one right now.

QuoteArtist:  Neil Young w./ Rick Rosas, Ben Keith, Ralph Molina, Anthony Crawford & Pegi Young

Venue: Stadsschouwburg
City: Antwerpen (BE)
Date: 2008-02-11

Recording: Edirol R-09 + SPS-CMC8 microphones

Lineage: Edirol >harddisk > Soundforge 4.5 + plugins + SEKD Red Roaster
         PowerAMP: WAV > FLAC.

This is a 'quick and dirty' recording from the opening show of Neil's 2008 European Continental Tour.  I only did some graphic fading inbetween songs to adjust the levels + using the Sonic Maximizer Process.

I know there will appear more recordings of this show here, these will be edited etc. I hope you'll download these aswell and compare it with this one.

Recording editing: Young Dutch Master

No artwork

Disc 1:

1.  From Hank To Hendrix
2.  Ambulance Blues
3.  Sad Movies
4.  A Man Needs A Maid
5.  No One Seems To Know
6.  Harvest
7.  Journey Through The Past
8.  Mellow My Mind
9.  Love Art Blues
10. Out on The Weekend
11. Love Is A Rose

Disc 2:
12. Mr. Soul
13. Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere
14. Dirty Old Man
15. Spirit Road
16. Bad Fog Of Loneliness
17. Band introduction
18. Winterlong
19. Oh, Lonesome Me
20. The Believer
21. No Hidden Path
---
22. Cinnamon Girl
23. Cortez The Killer
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

cactusfan

Maceo Parker at the Fillmore.

great show. what a tight, funky band he's got. played for three hours.

danje

Keller Williams and the WMD's

Decent show. Amazing drumming. There were certain points where it was really rocking but overall just kind of average. The Eyes encore was awesome though.

sunrisevt

Quote from: cactusfan on February 24, 2008, 02:28:49 PM

great show. what a tight, funky band he's got. played for three hours.

Maceo kicks ass and takes names. I wonder how many people have been called out by name on a James Brown tune?

After the  :phish:, he's the musician I've seen the most. Been a few years, though.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

Casey Lenahan

Quote from: danje on February 28, 2008, 04:51:40 PM
Keller Williams and the WMD's

Decent show. Amazing drumming. There were certain points where it was really rocking but overall just kind of average. The Eyes encore was awesome though.

Same as for the Buffalo show, although the second set was raging, had everyone dancing and then to finish the show off with a Once in a Life Time!~
I owe Aug $20

danje

Snuck into moe last night. Lots of energy and lots of dancing but my god were the jams boring. It was basically lets see how fast the guitar player can play while the rest of the band does the same thing for 15 minutes. I still got my dance on though.

birdman

Saw The Melodians two nights ago in Jackson, Wy. (sang Rivers of Babylon on Harder They Come soundtrack)
Real, roots-reggae. Solid show. Lots of dancing.

Paug FTMFW!

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: danje on March 06, 2008, 03:59:18 PM
Snuck into moe last night. Lots of energy and lots of dancing but my god were the jams boring. It was basically lets see how fast the guitar player can play while the rest of the band does the same thing for 15 minutes. I still got my dance on though.

couldn't have said it better myself about the cleveland show.
all in all i had a great time.

cornmeal, the opener, def. impressed me.
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

cactusfan

The Magnetic Fields.

not bad, i guess. as you'd expect, they played a whole lot of sad/funny little ditties.

problem was stephen merritt appeared to just hate being there. he barely said a word except to say things to the chatty female piano player like 'don't ever talk to the audience.' he didn't like it when people applauded, would put his fingers in his ears, and was generally just kind of a dick.

gone2gamehenge

Quote from: cactusfan on February 24, 2008, 02:28:49 PM

Hell yeah. I loved Maceo Parker the last time I saw him, and I loved his collaborations with MMW.

The last show I saw was Hot Buttered Rum String Band & The Waybacks.  They both played 1 set, and both came out and jammed with each other.  Pretty good stuff, HBRSB played a nice Ginseng Sullivan and The Waybacks ripped through some Dead and did a nice St. Stephen (with William Tell segment). 

The last one I saw before that was 2 nights of Porter, Batiste, Stoltz at the Mangy Moose in Jackson, WY.  GREAT FUNK!  I am a huge Geroge Porter fan, the man still destroys the bass, especially for a 60yr old man.

cactusfan

Gogol Bordello.
crazy fun time.
i don't know any of their songs, but it doesn't matter at all.
just a lot of insane, electrified gypsy punk.
saw them once like four years ago in a little bar.
they've gotten a lot more popular since then, this show was at the warfield.
check 'em out!