News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Show Attended?

Started by cactusfan, November 03, 2006, 01:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

antelope19

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 06, 2008, 10:14:20 AM
My wife is working part-time this month before returning full time and committing the baby to day care.
this means that I have no life outside of home & work until, at least September...

As much as I'd like to see Mike next week, I don't dare bring it up...

Understandable.   :-)
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

blatboom

Quote from: redrum on August 06, 2008, 09:22:32 AM
Quote from: blatboom on August 06, 2008, 09:11:13 AM
Quote from: redrum on August 06, 2008, 09:01:39 AM
it was the same one scott used at rothbury right?

I'm not sure if I got a good look at what he was playing @ Rothbury, but the one he was playing last night was basically red.

did it look like this?

Quote from: antelope19 on July 18, 2008, 02:40:45 PM

That'd be the one.  But I'm telling you, with the lights shining on it, that ax was glowing.

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: antelope19 on August 06, 2008, 09:25:05 AM
HEY!  Those are my pics!  :-D

Did anyone see this? 

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=517378
Mike Gordon
August 5, 2008
Plan 9 Records
Richmond, Virginia

***16 bit***

source: B&K4022(xy)>Sonosax>744t (24/48)
transfer744T>wavelab(fades/resample/bit depth)>cd wave>flac
recorded & seeded by: craig davis

One Set/One Disc
01 Intro
02 Voices
03 Traveled Too Far
04 Prentend
05 Sound

Mike Gordon - Acoustic Bass
Scott Murawski - Acoustic Guitar
Craig Myers - Percussion
Tom Cleary - Accordian
Todd Isler - Percussion

Man it would have been nice to see Mike at Plan 9!

got that in an email 3 days ago.
called all the RVA kids i could.

i was completely jealous.
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

blatboom

Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on August 06, 2008, 11:25:27 AM
Quote from: antelope19 on August 06, 2008, 09:25:05 AM
HEY!  Those are my pics!  :-D

Did anyone see this? 

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=517378
Mike Gordon
August 5, 2008
Plan 9 Records
Richmond, Virginia

***16 bit***

source: B&K4022(xy)>Sonosax>744t (24/48)
transfer744T>wavelab(fades/resample/bit depth)>cd wave>flac
recorded & seeded by: craig davis

One Set/One Disc
01 Intro
02 Voices
03 Traveled Too Far
04 Prentend
05 Sound

Mike Gordon - Acoustic Bass
Scott Murawski - Acoustic Guitar
Craig Myers - Percussion
Tom Cleary - Accordian
Todd Isler - Percussion

Man it would have been nice to see Mike at Plan 9!

got that in an email 3 days ago.
called all the RVA kids i could.

i was completely jealous.

ahem.

alcoholandcoffeebeans

honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

blatboom

bluecaravan521

Newport Jazz Fest- what a blast

Highlights:

Marco Benevento Trio w/ special guest Chris Potter - hadn't seen him before, but I loved every minute of it.  They played some cool covers- Friends by Zeppelin, Twin Killers by Deerhoof, and a My Morning Jacket song

Chris Potter's Underground- Really cool group, played a sick version of Radiohead's Morning Bell.  Very jazzy but so well done.  He played the melody and all but during the soloing he hit the "Release Me" melody beautifully, screaming it up an octave from the original melody- it was awesome.

Mark Rapp - Really cool fusion-y band.  Rapp plays the trumpet with the Wah pedal and all, which was pretty neat, and then in a brooding aftermath of one of their songs pulled out a Didgeridoo...Epic- started beat boxing through the didgeridoo until the drummer picked up the tight beat and then they just ripped it into another song.

Lionel Lueke Trio- this guy is truly incredible- he plays a mix of african and jazz styles with some interesting improvising and incredible chemistry between he and the drummer.  He also plays in Herbie's band

Soulive- sick funk, although I only caught the last 15 minutes.

Lowlights:

Herbie Hancock- Disappointing...played his new stuff with imo is boring and crappy, although they did do Chameleon which salvaged it slightly.

Chevy Chase- one of the worst possible hosts...he was a train wreck!  Obviously drunk on stage, making jokes about Sonny Rollins being in the "drunk tank" and Herbie being on heroin, and attempting to kill time by reminiscing about the other performers...but he couldn't remember their names!  "And how bout that singer? Umm...the tall one who played bass....she was good..yep yep.."
Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best...

whyweigh5.0

I got back from Jerry's Bday Bash yesterday.  I had a great time.  Found some pink elephants and had a real great time 8-) :banana:
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

sls.stormyrider

Ratdog, Allman Bros 8/16 at Great Woods.

Met up with Redrum and MessingerBird at set break - great talking you guys, nice to finally meet up.
:beers:
Next time we'll plan it better (my bad - we had a hail storm about 3 or 3:30, left late, forgot my camera, got there as the show started. Barely had time to pick up a couple Magic Hats).

I was expecting Ratdog to be pretty lame, but they were actually pretty good. TMNS, Red Rooster (w Derek), Hard Rain, and Dear Prudence were highlights for me. A valiant attempt at Dark Star. And yes, Bobby wore short shorts.

The Allmans smoked, right from the Statesboro Blues opener until the last notes of Whipping Post.
Trucks is the best guitar player on the planet, imo
no effects, no pick, just his hands, his vintage SG, and a Coricidin bottle. He makes it look so effortless. We were blown away last month at the SSR show, and even more last night.

good times
:banana:
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

MiamiPhish

Who was that playin the 'Doc?

sls.stormyrider

"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

G. Augusto

I think he meant "Did Messengerbird smell as good as she looked?".
I think he meant that.
a

sls.stormyrider

as a matter of fact, she did

G. Augusto

Quote from: slslbs on August 17, 2008, 03:09:41 PM
as a matter of fact, she did

Fuckin' knew it!
I bet she smells like unicorns and rainbows.
a

sls.stormyrider

better

can't get into any more details - both my wife and redrum were there