News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Show Attended?

Started by cactusfan, November 03, 2006, 01:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redrum

Quote from: cleech74 on August 24, 2008, 08:16:41 PM
Low slung guitars and Rev Run?  Damn! :-)

crazy right?
here's me and my buddy before their soundcheck..

Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

sls.stormyrider

Did you get to hang out with him while he was doing the lights?
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

redrum

Quote from: slslbs on August 25, 2008, 12:02:31 PM
Did you get to hang out with him while he was doing the lights?

he does sound, but yeah i was with him when he was running the board (which is right next to the lighting console), while i was shooting video in the booth.

---

sls.stormyrider

sounds cool

I'm also glad he does sound and not lights - not that much for a light guy to do at that show based on your photos  :wink:
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

birdman

RR, How was the skynard set?
I heard a few of them also played with Kid Rock on that Sweet Home Alabama takeoff he does.
Paug FTMFW!

CRAZYED

Hey Redrum - anyway your connections could get me a photopass for the KidRock gig at Miller Park in milwaukee for the Harley Davidson 105th anniversary this thursday???

redrum

Quote from: birdman on August 25, 2008, 01:04:07 PM
RR, How was the skynard set?
I heard a few of them also played with Kid Rock on that Sweet Home Alabama takeoff he does.

it was good, if you're into Skynyrd.
i was (actually suprised and) more into Back Door Slam's set.
but Kid Rock stole the show for sure, and he really diversified.

Quote from: CRAZYED on August 25, 2008, 01:11:08 PM
Hey Redrum - anyway your connections could get me a photopass for the KidRock gig at Miller Park in milwaukee for the Harley Davidson 105th anniversary this thursday???

let me get back to you on that one.
but there's def a good chance i can work something for you.

---

CRAZYED

Quote from: CRAZYED on August 25, 2008, 01:11:08 PM

let me get back to you on that one.
but there's def a good chance i can work something for you.
[/quote]

That would be fricken sweet.  I'll have to dig up a ticket to get in the actual gates but i have seen them on craigslist or I can drop a few bucks to a scalper, i have no problem doing that.

redrum

don't drop any $$ just yet cuz i might be able to get you thru the gate too.
i'm not making any promises, but if my boy comes through he'll prolly hook up the whole package.
i'll get at him once i get outta work...

---

CRAZYED

That'd be sweet man i'll wait to hear from you!

Thanks,

Caravan2001

saw Radiohead with Hicks on  Wednesday which ruled.  Saw the Beatles "Love" show on vegas on Friday- a must see IMO...really sick, and I wasn't even high (at that point)....

A-Train

Last show I saw that wasn't a cover band was YMSB w/ Keller Williams at redrocks in CO. Any show at redrocks is pretty sweet.This is Yonder's hometown venue,so they put on a really tight show. I actually like keller a bit more,he did a bunch of cool covers and played with yonder a bit. It was their last show of the  tour so they both went all out. I'd say it would get 3 out of 5 stars. Really looking for Mike to throw down in Co this weekend.

cactusfan

Garage A Trois.

they seem to have lost charlie hunter and gained benevento. which is cool. though different. a much more intense and crazy live show. apparently they have a new record coming out.

fun show. skerik is a nut. nice covers of Jane's' Summertime Rolls, She's Not There, and an encore of Immigrant Song.

also saw night one of the Outside Lands Festival in golden gate park, my backyard. kind of a giant clusterfuck. lots of people, and tricky to get from stage to another, which really sucked when i learned that three of the headliners-- beck, black keys and manu chao-- were all playing at the same time. bogus.

radiohead played a good set to end it, at least. first time i've had a chance to see them live.
i enjoyed their show a lot.
although twice the sound completely cut out for about 30 seconds. nice job, Outside Lands, you jackasses.

cactusfan

!!!

pretty good. the lead singer looks and dances suspiciously like will ferrell. which certainly had me laughing a lot.

but they played for exactly one hour. left the stage. lights up, no encore. LAME.

alcoholandcoffeebeans

^^ they are fun to watch...

Quote from: cactusfan on August 27, 2008, 03:34:21 AM
- beck, black keys and manu chao--

did you catch manu chao?
one of my favorites.... been wanting to see him live for sometimes, now.
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫