News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Show Attended?

Started by cactusfan, November 03, 2006, 01:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blaise

Quote from: Phreezer on April 05, 2009, 11:35:35 PM
STS9 in Chicago... it was meh

twas there as well and agree with your review, however brief.

gah

Quote from: Blaise on April 07, 2009, 04:24:38 PM
Quote from: Phreezer on April 05, 2009, 11:35:35 PM
STS9 in Chicago... it was meh

twas there as well and agree with your review, however brief.

That's how I felt the last time I saw them (in the fall).

Quote from: tehdead on April 06, 2009, 11:08:11 PM
I still think they have nothing on the Biscuits or Tribe or Particle or Lotus, but I would go see them again for sure.

Lotus and U-melt are bands I have only caught once each, so I am a little intrigued and would give them both another chance, but as far as Bisco and STS9 are concerned, I think I am done. Particle? I'm not even sure I would bother with their rotating guitarist line-up and scattered dates.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Gumbo72203

dude U-Melt is where its at...    they're going to unify the jam scene in like 5-10 years, because they have the trancefusion shit of Bisco, but then the songwriting and prog rock awesomeness of Phish, with a guitarist who actually gives Trey a real run for his money.  they've got something for everybody, whereas with like, Bisco, if you don't like trance or electronic music, well...  you're not going to love it. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

gah

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on April 07, 2009, 11:17:42 PM
dude U-Melt is where its at...    they're going to unify the jam scene in like 5-10 years, because they have the trancefusion shit of Bisco, but then the songwriting and prog rock awesomeness of Phish, with a guitarist who actually gives Trey a real run for his money.  they've got something for everybody, whereas with like, Bisco, if you don't like trance or electronic music, well...  you're not going to love it. 

Dude, your boy told me last year. He didn't have shit on Trey.

JK, I'm messing with you. I know you dig them, and like I said, I enjoyed them enough the first time to check them, at least, once again.

Gumbo72203

your first sentence is really confusing, lol.

and whose that in the pic with Rob??

%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

gah

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on April 08, 2009, 12:12:26 AM
your first sentence is really confusing, lol.

and whose that in the pic with Rob??

thats me boss. last year at jazzfest.

Gumbo72203

no shit...  so was the one show that you saw the Jazzfest latenight thing where they played with DJ Logic?

gah

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on April 08, 2009, 11:12:07 PM
no shit...  so was the one show that you saw the Jazzfest latenight thing where they played with DJ Logic?

that's right. and i got a pic with logic that night as well, but it's on my home computer. it was a damn good time. haven't had the opportunity to see them again since.

Hicks

The Roots 04/10/09
Roseland Theater

I hadn't been to a show in months, it felt good.  Security even let people puff for most of the show. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Poster Nutbag

Went to see Delta Nove last night at my favorite bar on the outdoor stage... It was very nice...  :banana:
Control for smilers can't be bought...

"Your answer is silly. What'd do you want the song to do? End world hunger?
It's a fucking Phish song, some of them are very complex compositions, some are not.

This one with its complex vocal arrangement falls right in between.
But that and a hook aren't enough so I'll let Trey know his songs have to start giving out handys." RJ

Gumbo72203

The Dead in Albany on Friday.

meh....

Casey, Cold Rain, Minglewood, Mystic, Fadeaway>BEWoman, Cumberland
Viola full > Sugaree > Other One full > D/S > CATime > Chain > Throwin

super disappointing post drums....    playing was great, though...  drummers were so low in the mix as to be rendered completely insignificant, but i liked it.  disappointing setlist though, even though they jammed a lot

whyweigh5.0

still the taxi tour about 2 weeks ago. 

i need a show.. cmon fenway
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

Poster Nutbag

Went to The McDowell Mountain Fest.

and saw...

NRPS - was just nice to see these guys...

Hot Tuna - Jorma always rocks...

Michael FRanti - Which was the first time I seen him and he was better than I thought...
Control for smilers can't be bought...

"Your answer is silly. What'd do you want the song to do? End world hunger?
It's a fucking Phish song, some of them are very complex compositions, some are not.

This one with its complex vocal arrangement falls right in between.
But that and a hook aren't enough so I'll let Trey know his songs have to start giving out handys." RJ

Undermind

Strange Design  4/21/09 Port City Music Hall Portland, ME

Performing:

10-07-89 Chase Hall, Bates College, Lewiston, ME

1: Golgi Apparatus, Ya Mar, Mike's Song-> I Am Hydrogen-> Weekapaug Groove, Suzy Greenberg, Fee, La Grange, Makisupa Policeman, Alumni Blues, Good Times Bad Times

2: Dinner and a Movie, Possum, Happy Birthday, Lizards, AC/DC Bag, Fly Like an Eagle-> David Bowie, Contact-> Highway to Hell

E: You Enjoy Myself

It was my first time seeing them, and I was quite impressesed, especially with Bowie and YEM

Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

MiamiPhish

Quote from: deuce2_420 on April 25, 2009, 01:23:14 PM
Strange Design  4/21/09 Port City Music Hall Portland, ME

Performing:

10-07-89 Chase Hall, Bates College, Lewiston, ME

1: Golgi Apparatus, Ya Mar, Mike's Song-> I Am Hydrogen-> Weekapaug Groove, Suzy Greenberg, Fee, La Grange, Makisupa Policeman, Alumni Blues, Good Times Bad Times

2: Dinner and a Movie, Possum, Happy Birthday, Lizards, AC/DC Bag, Fly Like an Eagle-> David Bowie, Contact-> Highway to Hell

E: You Enjoy Myself

It was my first time seeing them, and I was quite impressesed, especially with Bowie and YEM

I'm going to ask a silly question.  When they (SD or DSO, whoever) perform a setlist from an old show, do they follow the segues exactly?  They don't try and replicate any of the jams from that show, do they?  That seems excessive and just about impossible.