News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Show Attended?

Started by cactusfan, November 03, 2006, 01:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blatboom

Quote from: rowjimmy on April 27, 2009, 08:14:34 PM
Quote from: Blaise on April 27, 2009, 07:00:57 PM
went to shout out out, ol, and future rock saturday, promptly got the boot after about 10 minutes, went downstairs to there other club smartbar and waited, and subsequently enjoyes, a set by michael mayer.

There's more to this story...

that's the textbook definition of glossing over something.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: blatboom on April 27, 2009, 08:29:55 PM
went to shout out out, ol, and future rock saturday, promptly got the boot after about 10 minutes, went downstairs to there other club smartbar and waited, and subsequently enjoyes, a set by michael mayer.

haha no kidding!

I thought I was just misinterpreting his original post!
Bring in the dude!

gah

Saw Kings of Leon tonight. Some of it was great, some it was meh. But that is to be expected. I really liked the parts when they opened up and jammed a little, but that's just the jam fan in me.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Blaise

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on April 27, 2009, 08:43:57 PM
Quote from: blatboom on April 27, 2009, 08:29:55 PM

haha no kidding!

I thought I was just misinterpreting his original post!

smoking a cig int the mens room. everyone was doing it, haha. I wish I had a better story then that but I don't. I tried to get back in bc I know someone who works the bar at the venue and a few other means to no avail. It was too bad not bc I missed any music I wanted to see but bc that waitress I know was apparently hooking my pals up the rest of the night. When I walked in she said hi and promptly brought me jameson shots on the house, which would have been like $30 for 3. This is a venue where the cheapest beer is 6 dollars.

Buffalo Budd

Smoking in the boys room.  :lol:
Shitty buzz, I had it happen to me a few years back, never made the mistake again.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

bonebo

Saw Scofield down in Salt Lake City Monday with the Piety Street Band.  Good show, love a taste of John once in a while.  His musicians are New Orleans guys; you can tell when musicians are natives from there - there's a feel that can't just be learned but is gained through osmosis in the womb !  Anyway John has lots of signature moves, riffs, tricks and effects and I love 'em all !
...sometimes the songs that we hear are just songs of our own...

PIE-GUY

Quote from: birdman on April 27, 2009, 07:12:35 PM
Quote from: keeb333 on April 27, 2009, 01:40:41 PM
Dave Matthews Band @ Vanderbilt stadium in Nashville...my super lucky wife scored free tix + a bus ride for us to go!

It was my first time seeing Dave, and I must say, I was impressed, but he's just not as good as  :phish: (but then, who is?).

They did play over 2 and half hours without a set break, and the drummer is a freakin' POWERHOUSE!  I was also impressed by their covers of Burning Down the House and Watchtower(nice as the encore).

Overall....6 or 7 out of 10.  :-D
In 1994 DMB played on the street at Vanderbilt for free and Pink Floyd played the stadium.
Things sure have changed.

Hope you found time to walk around Vandy's campus and check out the fine coeds.
I know I would have :mrgreen:

That "dancin' in the streets" show on frat row is one of my favorite memories of school... not because of the DMB show, but because of what happened afterward involving me and 3 freaky bi coeds (2 lovely latinas and 1 white chick) in McGill hall. Gotta love McGill, eh? Needless to say, that spank-bank memory still gets replayed regularly for old PIE-GUY.

Did I mention that I love pie?
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

antelope19

Quote from: goodabouthood on April 27, 2009, 11:52:21 PM
Saw Kings of Leon tonight. Some of it was great, some it was meh. But that is to be expected. I really liked the parts when they opened up and jammed a little, but that's just the jam fan in me.

I didn't know they "jammed" at all.  Interesting. 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

gah

Quote from: antelope19 on April 29, 2009, 04:39:29 PM
Quote from: goodabouthood on April 27, 2009, 11:52:21 PM

I didn't know they "jammed" at all.  Interesting. 

Not necessarily jammed in the way we think of, but opening up and getting spacey. see for example, the song knocked up. good example of where they had an opportunity to open it up for awhile.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: PIE-GUY on April 29, 2009, 04:35:36 PM

That "dancin' in the streets" show on frat row is one of my favorite memories of school... not because of the DMB show, but because of what happened afterward involving me and 3 freaky bi coeds (2 lovely latinas and 1 white chick) in McGill hall. Gotta love McGill, eh? Needless to say, that spank-bank memory still gets replayed regularly for old PIE-GUY.

Did I mention that I love pie?
Ah Pie-guy, that's classic.   :clap:
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

gah

Back from 5 days in New Orleans and Jazzfest. (a few of these I only caught partial sets-trying to catch as much good stuff as possible!)

Thursday: Theresa Andersson, New Birth Brass band, The Meter Men (Leo, Zigaboo, and GPJ), Ben Harper, Nicholas Payton

Thursday Night: Panorama Jazz Band, Preservation Hall Jazz Band

Friday Night: Robert Randolph & Family band, and Funky Meters, Greyboy Allstars

Saturday: Buckwheat Zydeco, Dr. John, Irvin Mayfield, Preservation Hall Jazz Band, Kings of Leon, John Mayall

Saturday Night: Death Cab for Cutie and the New Mastersounds

Sunday: Panorama Jazz Band, Eric Lindell, Neil Young, Soul Rebels Brass Band, Buddy Guy, Neville Brothers

My tank is officially full. I was riding on empty there for awhile. This should last me until Phish this summer. If you have never been to Jazzfest, I would highly suggest going one of these years. The only thing is, once you go, it's hard to imagine ever missing it again. This was my 5th year, and it was the best ever, although I tend to say that after every one! Also, absolutely love the city and people of New Orleans. Easily my favorite city of all the places I have traveled...

WhatstheUse?

So Jealous, looks damn fun!
Bring in the dude!

cactusfan

as part of the san francisco international film festival, last night they screened the 1925 silent classic The Lost World, featuring lots of stop-motion dinosaurs, with live original music by Dengue Fever. it was awesome. i have no idea if they'll be performing this elsewhere, but i hope they release a recording of the music at some point.

Buffalo Budd

Bruce Springsteen & the E St Band
May 7, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Air Canada Centre

Badlands
No Surrender
Outlaw Pete
She's The One
Working On A Dream
Seeds
Johnny 99
The Ghost Of Tom Joad
Raise Your Hand
E Street Shuffle
Prove It All Night
Louie Louie
Waiting On A Sunny Day
The Promised Land
Racing In The Streets
Kingdom Of Days
Radio Nowhere
Lonesome Day
The Rising
Born To Run

Hard Times
Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
Land Of Hope And Dreams
American Land
Rosalita
Glory Days

Hicks

Flight of the Conchords/ Arj Barker 05/14/09
Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall

Great night of comedy and music.  Scored a sweet ass poster too. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.