News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Show Attended?

Started by cactusfan, November 03, 2006, 01:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cactusfan

Wilco
Berkeley Greek Theater

great show. never seen them before.

gah

Quote from: cactusfan on June 28, 2009, 02:40:58 PM
Wilco
Berkeley Greek Theater

Wow, jealous. Did they do a lot of material off the new album or a nice mix? I've never seen them before either, and can not wait till I get to.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

cactusfan

Quote from: goodabouthood on June 28, 2009, 04:44:45 PM
Quote from: cactusfan on June 28, 2009, 02:40:58 PM
Wilco
Berkeley Greek Theater

Wow, jealous. Did they do a lot of material off the new album or a nice mix? I've never seen them before either, and can not wait till I get to.

i'm not up on all of their albums, but it seemed like a pretty wide mix of stuff.
california stars was nice to hear under the stars on a warm night at the greek...

gah

Me and Uncle Eb saw Ziggy Marley and 311 last night. Ziggy was great, enjoyed his set a lot. 311...not so much, actually, left about half way through their set. As I walked by Uncle Eb, I said, And this is why I see Phish shows instead. There was a little too much of this ->  :beerbang: :crazy: :rawk:, and not enough  :-D.  Anyhow, funny story, as I was walking out, this one chick behind me says to her friend, I know we weren't here very long, maybe 2 hours, but that was probably the best show I've ever seen in my entire life!  :-o  :shakehead:

edit: tickets were only 10 bucks, so it was a what the hell, why not show....

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: goodabouthood on July 02, 2009, 10:34:28 AM
Anyhow, funny story, as I was walking out, this one chick behind me says to her friend, I know we weren't here very long, maybe 2 hours, but that was probably the best show I've ever seen in my entire life!  :-o  :shakehead:

Best show ever????  That girl needs to get out more.  I have seen Custom Blend shows that were much better than that.  I wonder if it was that girl in front of us that puked like 5 times. 

Oh well, it was much better than sitting at home.  Ziggy was very good.  Much better than I remember in years past. 
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

gah

Quote from: UncleEbinezer on July 02, 2009, 10:46:13 AM
Quote from: goodabouthood on July 02, 2009, 10:34:28 AM
Anyhow, funny story, as I was walking out, this one chick behind me says to her friend, I know we weren't here very long, maybe 2 hours, but that was probably the best show I've ever seen in my entire life!  :-o  :shakehead:

Best show ever????  That girl needs to get out more.  I have seen Custom Blend shows that were much better than that.  I wonder if it was that girl in front of us that puked like 5 times. 

Oh well, it was much better than sitting at home.  Ziggy was very good.  Much better than I remember in years past. 

To be fair, she was pretty young, early 20's. I don't remember any puking chick, but like I said, a little too much of this  :beerbang: :crazy: will do that to you I guess.

rowjimmy

Saw DSO tonight here in my town which was nice but... it started early so I missed the first set.
Oh well, it was just DSO.

Local boy, Keller Williams sat in for Hey Pocky Way to open the first set. That was pretty cool

My 1year-old son, Emmet, turns out to be quite a dancer. He was having a great time.

Pre-drums, Emmet tried to steal Keller's kids' beach ball. Keller said he could play with it but Emmet just wanted to make off with the thing.

That's my boy.

blatboom

rowjimmy

yeah... I made him leave it behind, actually.

postjack

Jenny Lewis @ the Alabama Music Box

Great show, miserable experience.  When you are having a concert, in a bar, in the Deep South, in the middle of the hottest summer in years, your air conditioning must work.

But Jenny is just as charming, beautiful, and wonderful live as you would think she would be listening to the record.
Quote from: phil on July 06, 2011, 07:09:31 PMI hate every band except phish.
Quote from: sophist on April 29, 2011, 04:31:54 PM::cancels summer Phish show plans to achieve psychedelic warrior status::

kellerb

Quote from: rowjimmy on July 07, 2009, 10:31:40 PM
Saw DSO tonight here in my town which was nice but... it started early so I missed the first set.
Oh well, it was just DSO.

Local boy, Keller Williams sat in for Hey Pocky Way to open the first set. That was pretty cool

My 1year-old son, Emmet, turns out to be quite a dancer. He was having a great time.

Pre-drums, Emmet tried to steal Keller's kids' beach ball. Keller said he could play with it but Emmet just wanted to make off with the thing.

That's my boy.
What show did they recreate? Do I have the original version of Emmet on beachball?!?

<edit> that's awesome, btw.

StCarl

Quote from: McGrupp on January 25, 2011, 02:39:37 PM
your overall taste in phish shows perplexes me.

rowjimmy

It was Providence 1986-04-01 with an added "Hey Pocky Way" at the beginning of set two and a Chine > rider tacked onto the encore.

It was fun.

When my wife took the kids home during Drumz (I knew they wouldn't last through Drumz) My eldest said, "But I wanted to hear them play 'my' song."

I replied, "Sorry honey, if they were gonna play that, it would have been in the first set."

Her song and her name is, of course, Althea.

PIE-GUY

I saw Big Balls last friday night... Big Balls is Austin's only Bon Scott era AC/DC tribute band. It rocked!  :rawk:
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mattstick

Quote from: postjack on July 07, 2009, 10:50:59 PM
Jenny Lewis @ the Alabama Music Box

Great show, miserable experience.  When you are having a concert, in a bar, in the Deep South, in the middle of the hottest summer in years, your air conditioning must work.

But Jenny is just as charming, beautiful, and wonderful live as you would think she would be listening to the record.

I ::heart:: Jenny Lewis.