News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Show Attended?

Started by cactusfan, November 03, 2006, 01:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

keeb333

Cowboy Mouth - Friday, July 24 at the World Grotto in Knoxville, TN

Best $10 show I've ever seen!  Those guys have insane energy!!! :crazy:

Undermind

I saw my friends' band Giraffe Attack on Saturday night at a local club in Portland, ME.   I hadn't seen them in a while and they have improved a lot.  They play mostly covers but I had a great time nonetheless.  They had the place rockin!  There was some serious eye candy there as well. 

http://www.giraffeattack.com

Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

Buffalo Budd

I caught my friend's band the Nuclear on Friday night.  Rockin' band but the sound in the tiny bar they played was not ideal.  Still a fun night of great rock and roll  :rawk:
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Blaise

Wicker park fest this past weekend, caught future rock and new deal. Only bands of note really.

Then sunday went to a fantastic outdoor party featuring Anja Schneider. Was Ill.

Edit:

Went to one day of the pitchfork music festival as well. I saw Lindstrom, Beirut, Yeesayers, fucked up, black lips, grand duchy and duchess, and a few other bands.

Highlight was def lindstrom and yeesayers (whom I knew nothing about but were pretty impressive).

rowjimmy

Yeasayer is great. I'd like to see them sometime but my hipster quotient is too low.  :wink:

Blaise

Quote from: rowjimmy on July 28, 2009, 10:42:41 PM
Yeasayer is great. I'd like to see them sometime but my hipster quotient is too low.  :wink:

Didn't know anything about them and besides living in a hipster 'hood, I know nothing about most of these bands. Yeesayer was really good though. I didn't think anything of those other indioe bands like black lips, national, beirut, etc.

rowjimmy

Caught Keller here in town at our outdoor weekly-in-the-summer thing. As some of you may know, I live in his hometown and he likes to throwdown when here.

First up is DJ OneDrop. Local dude from the reggae band, The Transmitters. Nice guy. He spun some roots, dub, funk, soul & old school hiphop 45s.

Then out comes KW solo. He played a bunch of great stuff as he is likely to do including a cover of "Althea" (shame my daughter, Althea, decided to go to the fair instead of coming with us last night.) Then out came Jay Starling and Claude Arthur on dobro/lap steel & bass respectively. Both are local and, I've gotta say it, Jay Starling is amazingly talented. Keller once said the same thing to me. If you caught any of the Grunge Grass gigs last fall, it's those guys. They played several tunes including nirvana's "Come As You Are".

Setbreak was more DJ OneDrop.

KW returned and played about 40 minutes solo. he then switched to the bass and played/sang "Women R Smarter". After that, out came Jay Starling and a drummer named Piper (another Fredneck.) With Keller on bass and Jay on lap steel, they gave us some unigue versions of Freeker, Best Feeling and something else that I cannot recall.

I don't have a setlist but, I did tape it...

antelope19

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 01, 2009, 10:29:51 AM
Caught Keller here in town at our outdoor weekly-in-the-summer thing. As some of you may know, I live in his hometown and he likes to throwdown when here.

First up is DJ OneDrop. Local dude from the reggae band, The Transmitters. Nice guy. He spun some roots, dub, funk, soul & old school hiphop 45s.

Then out comes KW solo. He played a bunch of great stuff as he is likely to do including a cover of "Althea" (shame my daughter, Althea, decided to go to the fair instead of coming with us last night.) Then out came Jay Starling and Claude Arthur on dobro/lap steel & bass respectively. Both are local and, I've gotta say it, Jay Starling is amazingly talented. Keller once said the same thing to me. If you caught any of the Grunge Grass gigs last fall, it's those guys. They played several tunes including nirvana's "Come As You Are".

Setbreak was more DJ OneDrop.

KW returned and played about 40 minutes solo. he then switched to the bass and played/sang "Women R Smarter". After that, out came Jay Starling and a drummer named Piper (another Fredneck.) With Keller on bass and Jay on lap steel, they gave us some unigue versions of Freeker, Best Feeling and something else that I cannot recall.

I don't have a setlist but, I did tape it...

Sweet!  Glad you had a good time!  Nice to see Jay getting some love too.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

Bobafett

sounds like a pretty good time, RJ...i am interested to hear your pull...i do really like Best Feelin and he does a hell of a job with his cover songs.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

CRAZYED

I was lucky to be at Red Rocks for the Friday & Saturday shows............front row both nights(if you dont count handicap pit).  

Here's my last moment, it was epic, fucking epic bitches!

mbw

Tweezy

Quote from: Blaise on July 28, 2009, 06:45:04 PM
Wicker park fest this past weekend, caught future rock and new deal. Only bands of note really.

Then sunday went to a fantastic outdoor party featuring Anja Schneider. Was Ill.

Edit:

Went to one day of the pitchfork music festival as well. I saw Lindstrom, Beirut, Yeesayers, fucked up, black lips, grand duchy and duchess, and a few other bands.

Highlight was def lindstrom and yeesayers (whom I knew nothing about but were pretty impressive).

OH SHIT! I was there too for New Deal man, which was also my last show.
If I haven't seen it, it's new to me!

HammondOrganism

Shoreline....The army cargo plane flying during the first set was cool. tight bowie...epic disease, danceable cities, Scary Mike's...beautiful limb and simple.....whats not to love. First set was just ok, but the second blew the white circus top off of the amphitheater.
Mike rating the Fishman Tune
On a scale from 3 to 4......i give it a 4

sls.stormyrider

Derek Trucks, Boarding House Park, Lowell MA

Warm up - Jen Kearney - pretty good, check them out

Derek rules. Absolutely friggin amazing.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Buffalo Budd

AC/DC
08/06/2009
Set 1: Rock N' Roll Train, Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be, Back in Black, Big Jack, Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap, Shot Down in Flames, Thunderstruck, Black Ice, The Jack, Hells Bells, Shoot to Thrill, War Machine, Dog Eat Dog, Anything Goes, You Shook Me All Night Long, T.N.T., Whole Lotta Rosie, Let There Be Rock
E: Highway to Hell, For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)

Not a huge ACDC fan but had a great time with friends.  Didn't have to pay, they were letting people in for free so made for a cheap night.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.