News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Show Attended?

Started by cactusfan, November 03, 2006, 01:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PIE-GUY

Does "going down on the rail" mean something different in this setting? 
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Superfreakie

Quote from: PIE-GUY on March 13, 2023, 07:14:36 PMDoes "going down on the rail" mean something different in this setting?

only if it's for pie.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

pcr3

Superfreakie and I caught the Adrian Belew/Jerry Harrison with Cool Cool Cool (formerly Turkuaz) doing the Talking Heads thing last Friday night at the HoB Boston.  Great show, had a total blast.  If they're playing near you and you like the Talking Heads, you should definitely see this show.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

PIE-GUY

Quote from: pcr3 on March 14, 2023, 02:00:19 PMSuperfreakie and I caught the Adrian Belew/Jerry Harrison with Cool Cool Cool (formerly Turkuaz) doing the Talking Heads thing last Friday night at the HoB Boston.  Great show, had a total blast.  If they're playing near you and you like the Talking Heads, you should definitely see this show.

In June they're here opening for Les Claypool's Flying Frog Brigade. Should be an epic night of music. Even I may take drugs for this one. 
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Hicks

Going here in Portland, stoked, have never seen either of them.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

pcr3

Last night superfreakie, ms. sf, and myself saw the Krasno/Moore Project at City Winery in Boston.  If you dig either of these guys you should check them out.  Heck, you should check them out either way.

Good times were had!  :beers:
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

Caravan2001

Quote from: cactusfan on February 27, 2023, 01:55:02 PMYo La Tengo at the Fillmore.
Yet another great show by this great band. Alternately noisy, dreamy, psychedelic, and pretty, sometimes all in the same song.

I went to the Portland show, which I thing was day or two before the Fillmore.  Amazing show, cannot wait until I have the next opportunity to see them.  My buddy is doing a bunch of shows with them now, saw the last three nights this week, not sure how much longer is on it but he's loving it.

rowjimmy

Quote from: Caravan2001 on March 17, 2023, 12:21:58 AM
Quote from: cactusfan on February 27, 2023, 01:55:02 PMYo La Tengo at the Fillmore.
Yet another great show by this great band. Alternately noisy, dreamy, psychedelic, and pretty, sometimes all in the same song.

I went to the Portland show, which I thing was day or two before the Fillmore.  Amazing show, cannot wait until I have the next opportunity to see them.  My buddy is doing a bunch of shows with them now, saw the last three nights this week, not sure how much longer is on it but he's loving it.

I saw last night's show in Charlottesville, VA with Barney &  :tte:
It was fucking excellent.

Yo La Tengo
2023-03-16
The Jefferson Theater, Charlottesville, VA

Set 1
This Stupid World
Sinatra Drive Breakdown
The Point of It
Aselestine
Until It Happens
Black Flowers
Saturday
Big Day Coming
Miles Away

Set 2
Before We Run
Stockholm Syndrome
I Was the Fool Beside You for Too Long
Shades of Blue
Fallout
Autumn Sweater
Brain Capers
Tom Courtenay
Big Day Coming (Second Version)
Little Honda
   (The Beach Boys cover)

Encore
I Love You I Honestly Love You
   (Olivia Newton John cover.
   Sung a cappella for Tour mgr's b-day)
Right Side of My Mind
   (Angry Samoans cover)
Oklahoma U.S.A.
   (The Kinks cover)
Griselda
   (The Unholy Modal Rounders cover)

GBL

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 17, 2023, 09:35:10 AM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on March 17, 2023, 12:21:58 AM

I saw last night's show in Charlottesville, VA with Barney &  :tte:
It was fucking excellent.

Yo La Tengo
2023-03-16
The Jefferson Theater, Charlottesville, VA

Set 1
This Stupid World
Sinatra Drive Breakdown
The Point of It
Aselestine
Until It Happens
Black Flowers
Saturday
Big Day Coming
Miles Away

Set 2
Before We Run
Stockholm Syndrome
I Was the Fool Beside You for Too Long
Shades of Blue
Fallout
Autumn Sweater
Brain Capers
Tom Courtenay
Big Day Coming (Second Version)
Little Honda
   (The Beach Boys cover)

Encore
I Love You I Honestly Love You
   (Olivia Newton John cover.
   Sung a cappella for Tour mgr's b-day)
Right Side of My Mind
   (Angry Samoans cover)
Oklahoma U.S.A.
   (The Kinks cover)
Griselda
   (The Unholy Modal Rounders cover)

Man, I miss  :tte:

can you tell  :tte: the next time you see him that I say  :wtu:
If this is love, I'm never going home..

jam>

Good to see the Yo La Tengo love. The one and only show I saw was in December and was excellent.
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/yo-la-tengo/2022/bowery-ballroom-new-york-ny-33bcdcc1.html

sls.stormyrider

Krasno - Moore project at the Blue Note in NYC Friday night. Excellent show.
Coming soon to a theater near you.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Superfreakie

Quote from: sls.stormyrider on March 21, 2023, 01:43:38 PMKrasno - Moore project at the Blue Note in NYC Friday night. Excellent show.
Coming soon to a theater near you.

Awesome that you caught them. We should have called you when we went in Boston, but I figured a Tuesday night disqualified you. Will send you list of upcoming shows we are doing.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

sls.stormyrider

No problem. It was a last minute decision. We were in NYC, done with dinner about 9:15 PM and said ok, what should we do now?
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

pcr3

You chose wisely, but I don't need to tell you that.

Hopefully we'll see you at a local show some time soon!  :beers:

natronzero

Just saw Garcia Peoples on the banks of the French Broad River in Asheville next to an RV park, maybe 30-35 people in attendance. :music:  Chris Forsyth opened but we were late.  :-\
I'd rather dwell in some dark holler where the sun refuses to shine, where the wild birds of heaven can't hear me when I whine.