News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Show Attended?

Started by cactusfan, November 03, 2006, 01:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobafett

AWWWWWWWWW^^^^^^ :-P

Gunboat again...seriously, they only local band i would spend $6 to see.  Good thing i dress sharp and pretend i am the Manager (who is my dear friend) so i get those free drinks in exchange for gettin the crowd to Shut up and DANCE! 
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

mopper_smurf

Corrected the setlist ...

The Who
2007/06/05
Ahoy, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
support: The Cult (who sucked big time)

I Can't Explain
The Seeker
Substitute
Fragments
Who Are You
Behind Blue Eyes
Real Good Looking Boy
Baba O'Riley
Eminence Front
Drowned
Man In A Purple Dress
The Real Me
You Better You Bet
My Generation > Cry If You Want
Won't Get Fooled Again

E1: The Kids Are Alright
Pinball Wizard > Amazing Journey > Sparks
See Me Feel Me

E2: Tea and Theatre (Roger and Pete)

Roger Daltrey: Vocals, Guitar, Harmonica
Pete Townshend: Vocals, Guitar
John Bundrick: Piano, Keyboards
Pino Palladino: Bass
Zak Starkey: Drums
Simon Townshend: Guitar, Backing Vocals
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

rowjimmy

Well, if they have to tour without Entwhistle, at lest they've got a man with real chops on bass.

mopper_smurf

Quote from: rowjimmy on June 06, 2007, 05:30:34 AM
Well, if they have to tour without Entwhistle, at lest they've got a man with real chops on bass.

Yeah, he handled the short bass solo in My Generation pretty well. Not as fluid as The Ox, but he knows his stuff.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

cimsm

Les Claypool and his Fancy Band @ The Variety Playhouse in Atlanta.
:clap:

VA $l!m

i saw SOUL LIVE last week when i was in Richmond.

along with myself, all my friends who were there werent expecting that much based on seeing them in the past...

BOy were we wrong!

they have a new lineup now including a Lead singer, and they banged out a serious hour and half of jazz/reggae laden funkified filth.

this show seriously blew everyone away.
the best energy i've seen at show in years; both the crowd and the band were Jacked.

even as they came back for the obligatory encore, with everyone still realing from the peaked closer, they busted into Zeppelins 'the ocean' and sent us all home smiling and thinking of going dirrectly to grab their new LP, and saying WOW! and that shit was a FREE show! what a fuckin great fuckin show!

A+ ,
I highly recommend seeing them currently, especially if your into the funk.

-slim.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

kellerb

Quote from: mopper_smurf on June 06, 2007, 03:55:05 AM

I Can't Explain
The Seeker
Substitute
Fragments
Who Are You
Behind Blue Eyes
Real Good Looking Boy
Baba O'Riley
Eminence Front
Drowned
Man In A Purple Dress
The Real Me
You Better You Bet
My Generation > Cry If You Want
Won't Get Fooled Again

E1: The Kids Are Alright
Pinball Wizard > Amazing Journey > Sparks
See Me Feel Me

E2: Tea and Theatre (Roger and Pete)

you know, I'd consider seeing the Who, but only if I thought there was a chance in hell of them playing "join together"

redrum

Quote from: VA slim on June 14, 2007, 05:13:23 PM
i saw SOUL LIVE last week when i was in Richmond.

along with myself, all my friends who were there werent expecting that much based on seeing them in the past...

BOy were we wrong!

they have a new lineup now including a Lead singer, and they banged out a serious hour and half of jazz/reggae laden funkified filth.

this show seriously blew everyone away.
the best energy i've seen at show in years; both the crowd and the band were Jacked.

even as they came back for the obligatory encore, with everyone still realing from the peaked closer, they busted into Zeppelins 'the ocean' and sent us all home smiling and thinking of going dirrectly to grab their new LP, and saying WOW! and that shit was a FREE show! what a fuckin great fuckin show!

A+ ,
I highly recommend seeing them currently, especially if your into the funk.

-slim.

those guys are absolutley destroying every stage they grace these days. i saw them at langerado '07, shit was filthy.
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

jedifunk

does it count if i havent been to the show yet?

page tonight!!!  :banana:

havent been to a show in a while... and its the tour ender.  should be a good time
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

newplanet7

Quote from: jedifunk on June 14, 2007, 07:21:51 PM
does it count if i havent been to the show yet?

page tonight!!!  :banana:

havent been to a show in a while... and its the tour ender.  should be a good time
Epic man! Have a good time. Us parents have the cards stacked against us on going to shows.-t
Quote from: phan003 on June 16, 2007, 01:41:44 PM
Funny would be applying super glue to your nuts and putting said nuts on her face.  Talk about "seeing the light" and remaining faithful to the indigo girls manifesto.  :wink: 

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 16, 2007, 10:33:26 PM
There's more airbrush on that shot than on a Peterbilt with a flame job.
:lol:

"Gus Johnson Got the key"

VA $l!m

have fun!!  :banana:

i passed up on seeing him on my BDay at the 930 club.

sorta wish i had gone now.  :|
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

jedifunk

well, last nights page show RIPPED!!!

it was weird to watch the other band members key off of and follow page... they would let him make the changes and then follow... but it didnt hurt the music what so ever...

again it was really rockin, and there were a couple of spots where they really found some space to open it up and groove...

overall the talent was there, but it would have benefitted from a steady lead guitar... there were 2 guitar players (one who switched between keys and guitar) but neither really took the lead all that much... which is understandable since it was a page show...

the best was that we sent a text message to my wife (she had class so couldnt go) saying that fishman just came out and played purple rain adn the vacuum with prince... she texted back all pissed that she wasnt there...

imagine how pissed she was this morning when i told her it didnt happen! :D
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

antelope19

Going to see a great local band tonight called "Frenchbread and the Chinamen"  I am really good friends with the drummer and lead guitarist.  And I am not just saying this because I am friends with the band, but they are alot of fun and pretty damn talented as well.  Great originals and some excellent covers of the likes of the Meters, Allmans, Dead, Steely Dan, ZZ Top, Little Feat, etc.  I am really looking forward to it because I haven't seen them in a few months!

http://www.myspace.com/frenchbreadandthechinamen 

Great versions of Franklins Tower on their, as well as a few of their originals.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

sophist

Last night I attended Wilco at the Chastain Ampitheater in Atlanta, GA.  I have never seen so much rain in my life, but yet this was probably the best concert I've ever attended in my life.  I returned home and just sat in bed in awe of what I had witnessed.  The rain added a dimension to this show that is too difficult to describe in words, so I'll refrain from any further attempt to do such a thing. 

I entered the venue at 8:00 pm and found the opening band LOW performing and I wasn't really impressed by them.  Their sound is best described as "mellow dramatic" alternative rock.  I decided that buying a tour shirt and getting a poncho was more important that listening to LOW.  I made my way back down to my seat, which was in the 19th row of the pit.  I waited impatiently as LOW continued to perform, finally they ended their set.  It had been raining on and off during their set, but it began to pour shortly before Wilco took the stage. 

Finally the moment arrived, Tweedy lead the troops onto the stage, and they began the set with Either Way, which was very fitting since the first verse contains a line stating, "maybe the sun will come out today."  This was a solid version and a very good pick as a opener.  The "funky" section had the crowd rocking really hard and the smell of beasters became apparent as soon as Cline took his first solo over the funky section.  Next up was You Are My Face, and I have to say that I love this song and its one of better songs on the Sky Blue Sky album, and this version was very tight. 

Now the show really got rolling with Impossible Germany as third song of the set, and I think this is the best new song they have, so I was very pleased to hear it.  As IG progressed the rain continued to pour harder and harder, but that didn't stop me from gettin' my wook on  :wink: .   Sky Blue Sky followed, then I Am Trying To Break Your Heart.  This was an excellent version and I liked how they extended the intro by a few measures, and the outro had a very psychedelic feel to it (more than the album version). 

The show continued to pick up steam as they played Shot in the Arm, Handshake Drugs, Kamera, Side with the Seeds, Shake it off, Walken, and hate it here.  Then they played Jesus, etc. and it was breathtaking for me.  The lyrics to this song are genius to me, and I was grinning really hard and dancing really hard too.  I couldn't of been more happier that I got to hear this song.  Then it got even better, War on War followed and kept me dancing like a fool. 

I'm the man who loves you was next and it was the best version I've heard from Wilco.  The set closed with Humming bird, which was also a beautiful version.  Tweedy announced that the band was taking a bathroom break and would return in a moment.  When they returned, they busted out Via Chicago and it was one of the most powerful songs I've ever seen live.  This was my first time seeing this song live, so the whole experience is on another level and it made the show for me.  VC ended in an array of feedback and subtle psychedelia that set up Spiders (Kidsmoke) perfectly.  This version absolutely rocked my face off.  Tweedy played on the sickest solos I've ever heard from him, and they extended it to around 15-16 minutes.  At one point Tweedy had the whole crowd clapping, and the band stopped playing for a few measures, then BOOM! Right back into the "power chord" section of the song. 

The band left the stage and returned for a two song encore which consisted of Heavy Metal Drummer and Outta Sight.   

For those that hate reading:

setlist:
Either Way
You are my Face
Impossible Germany
Sky Blue Sky
I am trying to break your heart
Shot in the arm
Handshake drugs
Kamera
Side with the seeds
Shake it off
Walken
Hate it here
Jesus, etc
War on War
I'm the man who loves you
Humming bird

band takes a piss break>
Via chicago>
Spiders (kidsmoke)

Encore:
Heavy Metal Drummer
Outta Sight
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

rowjimmy

That's a hot looking wilco show.
You got several songs that I wish I'd seen...