News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Nershi to Leave String Cheese

Started by gainesvillegreen, November 03, 2006, 10:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Saw this link elsewhere...
http://www.jambase.com/headsup.asp?storyID=9503

apparently it's an interview w/ Nershi about his kwittin.

sophist

K+
for sharing.

I can empathize with him, the new cheese sound is very electronic, and redundant.  I use to dig the cheese back in the late 90's through 2002, but then they started to take the music in a different direction, and I lost interest. The old blugrass tunes are really good. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

gainesvillegreen

From jambase.com via stringcheeseincident.com:

Here in Colorado, the snow has been falling, falling... and falling. It is time to celebrate during Winter Carnival 2007. The dates have been confirmed for March 22nd, 23rd, and 24th at Denver's Fillmore Auditorium, and March 26th and 27th at Dobson Ice Arena in Vail. In the tradition of Winter Carnival, String Cheese Incident will be joined by special guests during each night of the run.

Tickets go on sale Thursday, January 18 at 10:00 a.m. MT at SCI Ticketing

3.22.07 Fillmore Auditorium | Denver, CO
3.23.07 Fillmore Auditorium | Denver, CO
3.24.07 Fillmore Auditorium | Denver, CO
3.26.07 Dobson Ice Arena | Vail, CO
3.27.07 Dobson Ice Arena | Vail, CO

I'll catch 3/24, and perhaps 3/23 for the hell of it.  Probably the last time for myself as I don't see hitting Red Rocks in the summer.  Should be interesting...it will be one hell of a party that's for sure.  As to the quality of music that will get played, well....

Casey Lenahan

hopefully it wont be a Coventry...

I think if a band is parting ways that last show should be ELECTRIC. Better than any NYE show, better than any Halloween show, better than any festival.
I owe Aug $20

sophist

Quote from: tehdead on January 16, 2007, 10:07:44 PM
hopefully it wont be a Coventry...

I think if a band is parting ways that last show should be ELECTRIC. Better than any NYE show, better than any Halloween show, better than any festival.
its cheese god's sake, they can't even sell out a theater for most of their shows, so "epic" or electric isn't going to happen. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Casey Lenahan

i'm talking like a really kick ass show. I thought Coventry should have been better than Big Cypress
I owe Aug $20

rowjimmy

Quote from: tehdead on January 19, 2007, 03:54:36 AM
i'm talking like a really kick ass show. I thought Coventry should have been better than Big Cypress

Shoulda, but couldna.
If they could have played as well as they did @ Big Cypress, they wouldn't have been breaking up.

Casey Lenahan

True, but thats how I would like to go out!
I owe Aug $20

Bobafett

I never have been crazy about chz...but i always thought Nershi did not fit in with shere they tried to go during their jams...kinda like the panic of the last few years...they try, but it goes nowhere>someothernothing>Cedar Laurels>too much X

yeah no more chz, but i keep hopin Kyle can find some new direction b/c he is a bad boy on the keys...
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

OlfactoryHue

nershi is cheese, and he did fit, when they played bluegrass

phish goes on hiatus and cheese becomes something they weren't to gain the phishles fans (psychadelic cheese)

this is when things for the cheese started to fall to pieces, billy is a grass type of guy, so it's better off if they were going to continue to space out

round the wheel is an awesome albumn, billy at his finest
"What do you think you are, for Chrissake, crazy or somethin'? Well you're not! You're not! You're no crazier than the average asshole out walkin' around on the streets and that's it." Randle Patrick McMurphy

Bobafett

Trudat. in 98 i fell in love with these guys for something new, but they just couldn't keep it growing...and i did see the 04 Fillmore Co run and had some good times...just not the band i origanally loved anymore.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

thechad

Saw them in my home town in 95 or 96, Don't really remember and there were 6 of us there, half way decent show.  Worked with them later and they were a bunch of dicks that thought they were the second coming of the jamband gods, if it wasn't for this thread I never would have know that they weren't going to exist any longer.
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

gimmetela

heard a rumor that chz wants keller williams to take nershi's place?

i may be a string cheez fan if that happens...

(just like herring may make me a WSP fan....  GASP!)

sophist

No shame in panic, but I'll proboly give you a wedgie if you start to attend cheese shows.   :wink:

Hicks

This thread is still active?   WTF?!!!!!
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.