News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Favorite Also Sprach

Started by Itsnotanexperience, April 26, 2005, 08:54:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itsnotanexperience

rowjimmy

http://tinyurl.com/abjea

^^ thats a pretty good one.

Or any fall 1998 performance ie: 11/19

jedifunk

Big Cypress
11.19.97 - best IMO
9.22.99 opener!

just a start, its the wifey's fav tune (that & gin)
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Itsnotanexperience

love 11/19, but hate how trey misses one of the notes........but it's still a monster version

yeah, when i was a kid, my dad used to play the original version before he took my mom
and me out to dinner..........i was like 4 years old and already getting attached to the sound
of the fender rhodes piano............this was back in the mid-70s.........way back in the day:)

mikesgroovin56

cant forget 8-17-97 (probably the longest version ever)
i also agree with 11-19-97 being the best ever

Itsnotanexperience

i still gravitate towards the 8/6/97.......saw both of 'em, but the
8/6 still gets me moving.........hell, so does 11/19..........the 12/3/97
isn't too shabby either, but the 12/11/99 features that beautiful page
melody.......gives me chills just thinking about it.......

August

11-19-97, has always been my second favorite.my all time fav is 4-4-98 with vocal jam into brother.
it is a real intense one.aug.

VA $l!m

7-17-98 gorge ,  monster 2nd set opener(25+min.).

...and 7-17-93 wolftrap,  only b/c it was my 1st show and the 2nd 2001 , and i just realized it was exactly 5 years before the gorge!?!  (---weird)
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

tet

12-31-97 is a personal fave since it was in my 1st run of shows :D

lots of great ones, gonna have to agree with a few choices up above (11/19/97 and Big Cypress in particular)
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

music_is_cool

ive always been partial to 8.14.93. not only did it kick of a memorable set, but it just oozes with energy. Its not too long, but concise and powerful. sweet.
-james

susep

6Dec.96
26Nov.97
4April98
29Sept.99
14June00
30Dec.03

emperor_brian

Good call on 8/14/93 for a great "standard", non-jammed out version. I really love the spacey mood at the beginning, one of my favorite intros from at least the first two years of them playing it.  PLUS I think the transition from the end into the start of Antelope is BITCHEN. Right on the first downbeat of Antelope Mike lets out this enormous *BLAWRMMMMM!!!* bass sound sound  and as that decays, Page does this swirly pattern on his organ that glides up and down in pitch and volume equally a few times...I'm probably not describing this well AT ALL, much less in good musical terms, but anyone who's heard it knows what I mean.

In any case, mood-wise, it makes for a perfect, smooth transition into Antelope...it makes all the difference in the world that Mike hit that note and Page did that swirl pattern rather than just a dead stop immediately followed by the start of Antelope.
"A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it's not open." - Frank Zappa

Hokker

6-11-94 You had to be there, actually, you had to be sitting near where I was sitting. long story...
"Without music, life would be a mistake."
― Friedrich Nietzsche

"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible."
― Frank Zappa