News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

60GB iPod is overkill

Started by mattstick, December 10, 2006, 12:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jedifunk

the problem with microsoft, is that they don't make the best product out of any of their stuff...  save from perhaps the xbox 360...

everything they make is inferior ;)

anyhoo, this is getting off topic
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Marmar

Quote from: jedifunk on December 14, 2006, 10:06:02 AM
the problem with microsoft, is that they don't make the best product out of any of their stuff...  save from perhaps the xbox 360...

everything they make is inferior ;)

anyhoo, this is getting off topic

Nuh uh......the make the best computers if you want one that works when it feels like it, crashes often, looses all your important data, and is overloaded with useless bloat to bog it down even more with its already hogged resources.

they are HANDS DOWN the BEST at that.

:)
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

jedifunk

Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

mattstick

Quote from: jedifunk on December 14, 2006, 10:06:02 AM

What is better than MS Office?

jedifunk

Quote from: mattstick on December 14, 2006, 02:46:42 PM
What is better than MS Office?

anything other than MS Office...

i'm forced to use it at work, but i wouldnt install it on my powerbook for anything under $1000.
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

mattstick

I guess I use it because it's the standard - but I don't have any major issues with Word or Excel for basic report writing.

jedifunk

no, i dont either...  but i'm always the anti-microsoft

and i really dont have any need to have word/excel on my mac.  if i need to type a letter textedit is more than capable, and i have about 0% need for excel
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

mattstick

mattstick

I have a registered copy of Office, so I don't mind saying that I have a version of MS Office 2003 that is only 78MB! 

mattstick

http://blog.wired.com/music/2006/12/zune_users_hard.html

Thursday, 14 December 2006
Zune Users Hard to Find for Wireless Sharing
Topic: Things

\I've carried my Zune onto a NY subway on a number of occasions, and tried to find other Zune users to share songs with, but I've struck out every time.  Although Microsoft expects to sell one million Zunes by the end of next June, there just aren't enough of them around yet in order for the sharing feature to make sense (which is why I think the Zune will be popular first in schools and other places where there's a high density of potential Zune owners).

CNET's Ina Fried says she finally ran into another Zune user in San Francisco... but that the wireless transfer of an R.E.M. song didn't go through to a guy watching the Family Guy on his Zune.  Only time will tell whether the density of Zune users will eventually get to the point when you can readily find people to share stuff with.

jedifunk

i thought that was what oink was for.... sharing ;)
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

Casey Lenahan

does oink have programing sharing as well?

if so someone needs to get me in there  :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
I owe Aug $20

jephrey

I use excel a TON, and I think it's alright.  Unfortunately, there's really no good alternative so as far as that goes, I give M$ a thumbs up.  I really don't need Word for much at home (I use pages or textedit), but since I have to know the office suite at work, I use Word, Access, PowerPoint, Excel and Visio.  I replace them all at home except for Excel with something that I feel is better. 

I don't know.  It's software.  Who cares!

J

There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

tet

to chime in on this thread tangent...

i happen to love Word and Excel for Mac - i use them daily for business and never have a problem with cross-platform documents between us and Africa.  all of our presentations are done with iWork, which kicks ass for graphical layout, but when i need to read or write an Office document or a spreadsheet, i have no qualms about using Office for Mac.  v.X was a bit of a disappointment, but Office 2004 is great.   Plus, Entourage is my primary email client now that it has full Spotlight integration and .Mac syncing.  It's clunky, yes, but the Project Management tools are unbeatable.  it's very easy to handle large volumes of email, which I must in my business.

hell, I even run Office 2004 in Rosetta emulation on my Intel Macs, and it's not only stable but very very fast! 
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

jedifunk

i have no problem with office either... i just don't use it ;)

mainly because i have less use for it.

but here's an interesting, and upsetting (for mac users) article about the upcoming release of office 07
http://www.macworld.com/2006/12/opinion/microsoft/index.php
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio