News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

What are you reading?

Started by converse29, December 12, 2006, 02:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ytowndan

Quote from: tet on September 02, 2007, 06:22:14 PM
Next up: The Rum Diaries, by HST

My favorite HST novel.  Supposedly Johnny Depp is going to play him again in a movie adaption of the book.

Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

phil

For class - one flew over the cuckoo's nest

for fun - Earth House Hold by Gary Snyder (any kerouac fans might know that Gary Snyder was the inspiration for Jahpy Ryder in The dharma bums, it's really top-notch poetry)
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

kellerb

Just finished up 'The God Delusion.'  Waiting for me at the library is Chuck Klosterman IV.

rowjimmy

Snyder is great. I have a bunch of his stuff but, I assign part of the blame for my seven-year writers block to him along with asian poetry.

Caravan2001

Michael Gruber: Tropic Of Night

So far it is a really good, well written thriller.  I'm digging it for sure.

I'm also reading I'll Sleep When I'm Dead, which is the Warren Zevon biography.  It's also really good, especially since I knew very little about Zevon to begin with.  It's entertaining....

Bobafett

phans dissertation on the price of oil vs. notable american conflicts/trouble in the 9>11 thread.  Good one.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

Casey Lenahan

a shit load of Business Books  :x

marketing management
business management
organizational behavior
business law 2

i hate school
I owe Aug $20

sophist

must not be in your major classes yet.  I happen to like all of my text books this semester. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Casey Lenahan

yes and no. Im not a big reader in general.
I owe Aug $20

White_Bandana

The Bus: A novel
Rob Goll

Anybody else read it? Seems like is would be pretty popular around here, picked it up at Nelson's Ledges during summer and am just about done! fun read

August

Chuck Palahniuk-
Choke
(again...)

This will be Chuck's second novel to become a feature film.

Finished this yesterday....

Anthony Kiedis-
Scar Tissue

a

rowjimmy

Does the latter explain your recent foray into the Chili Peppers' catalog?

August

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 25, 2007, 09:21:33 AM
Does the latter explain your recent foray into the Chili Peppers' catalog?

Actually, I listened to their first 4 before the book then remembered that he had written this.
I started and finished it yesterday.
Really great read for RHCP fans.
a

alcoholandcoffeebeans

aug.
did you make it thru rant again?
i remember you saying you were trying to read it when i first came'round these parts...

and you know they announced that possibly 'Invisible Monsters'
is on deck for the next book-->film of palahniuk's?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0756666/

honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

August

Nope.
I might go back and do Haunted or Lullaby again, though.
a