News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

What are you reading?

Started by converse29, December 12, 2006, 02:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

I'll take Even Cowgirls Get the Blues FTW with Jitterbug Perfume coming in second. 

Still Life didn't do much for me at all.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: Hicks on July 08, 2009, 04:14:44 PM
I'll take Even Cowgirls Get the Blues FTW with Jitterbug Perfume coming in second. 

Still Life didn't do much for me at all.

havne't made it thru cowgirls...

but mine go, thus far...

1. villa incognito
2. jitterbug
3. still life...

need to read another roadside attraction, cowgirls, and fierce invalids home from hot climates....
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

cactusfan

jitterbug perfume is my favorite.
skinny legs and all is up there, too.

cowgirls didn't really hang together for me.

sprobeck

Quote from: Sophist on December 12, 2006, 03:56:27 PM
I equate dickens novels to a homosexual experience, its something no real man should ever experience  :-o  :evil:

Excuse me? That's a really asshole thing to say.  You are clearly full of it. Dickens is amazing. I loved Tale of Two Cities. Tried to read it when I was in 3rd grade and couldn't really get it but then I went back years later. Too bad for folks who are culturally illiterate. By the way, I just finished The Sound and The Fury and it was a crazy work, confusing but brilliant.  Now I'm on to Anna Karenina.
fresh back from the mental institution and FEELING FINE!!!!!!!!

rowjimmy

Quote from: sprobeck on July 08, 2009, 09:23:18 PM
I equate dickens novels to a homosexual experience, its something no real man should ever experience  :-o  :evil:

Excuse me? That's a really asshole thing to say.  You are clearly full of it. Dickens is amazing. I loved Tale of Two Cities. Tried to read it when I was in 3rd grade and couldn't really get it but then I went back years later and it worked. Too bad for folks who are culturally illiterate.

This marks the second time in two days that I agree with sprobeck.
Dickens was a great writer.

blatboom

am I the only nerd here who reads TSR novels?

Lifeboy

Quote from: rowjimmy on July 08, 2009, 09:25:01 PM

QFT

I am about to finish HST's The Great Shark Hunt. Ive been reading it on and off for about 4 months now.
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

ytowndan

Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

Hicks

Quote from: blatboom on July 08, 2009, 09:25:26 PM
am I the only nerd here who reads TSR novels?

I read a couple of the first Dragonlance books, they were aight.

Oh yeah, and Dickens does blow IMO. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

flow00

Still Life is by far my favorite. Here is a passage:

For more than an hour, Leigh-Cheri stared into the mandala of the sky. "Does the moon have a purpose?" she inquired of Prince Charming.
Prince Charming pretended that she had asked a silly question. Perhaps she had.
The same query put to the Remington SL3 elicited this response:
Albert Camus wrote that the only serious question is whether to kill yourself or not.
Tom Robbins wrote that the only serious question is whether time has a beginning and an end.
Camus clearly got up on the wrong side of the bed, and Robbins must have forgotten to set the alarm.
There is only one serious question. And that is:
Who knows how to make love stay?
Answer me that and i will tell you whether or not to kill yourself.
Answer me that and i will ease your mind about the beginning and the end of time.
Answer me that and i will reveal to you the purpose of the moon.

flow00

Amazing. Poignant. Well-written.

postjack

Quote from: rowjimmy on July 08, 2009, 09:25:01 PM
Quote from: sprobeck on July 08, 2009, 09:23:18 PM
I equate dickens novels to a homosexual experience, its something no real man should ever experience  :-o  :evil:

Excuse me? That's a really asshole thing to say.  You are clearly full of it. Dickens is amazing. I loved Tale of Two Cities. Tried to read it when I was in 3rd grade and couldn't really get it but then I went back years later and it worked. Too bad for folks who are culturally illiterate.

This marks the second time in two days that I agree with sprobeck.

while we're piling on, I'll take issue with the idea that a homosexual can't be a real man.  also Dickens was a great writer.

Current read (can't recall if I posted it already):

Last Call by Tim Powers

Powers is my favorite newly discovered by me author.
Quote from: phil on July 06, 2011, 07:09:31 PMI hate every band except phish.
Quote from: sophist on April 29, 2011, 04:31:54 PM::cancels summer Phish show plans to achieve psychedelic warrior status::

Caravan2001

Crazy For The Storm by Norman Ollestadt...sick...I finished it in 3 sittings....check out some background here:

Cool book, recommended reading, well written..

flow00

What is up with the homophobia anyway?

cimsm