News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

What are you reading?

Started by converse29, December 12, 2006, 02:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lifeboy

I must admit, I dig old school gonzo much more.

Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

gah

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on July 31, 2009, 11:36:39 PM
robbins new one

I saw that the other day and debated picking it up, but passed, let me know what you think of it.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

ytowndan

Quote from: tipetoo on August 01, 2009, 02:30:07 AM
I must admit, I dig old school gonzo much more.

Agreed.  However, his final release 'Kingdom Of Fear' was pretty good, actually. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

mbw

Quote from: goodabouthood on August 01, 2009, 11:05:49 AM
robbins new one

I saw that the other day and debated picking it up, but passed, let me know what you think of it.

so far its great, of course
you really cant loose, its only about 150 pages

gah

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on August 01, 2009, 07:38:34 PM
Quote from: goodabouthood on August 01, 2009, 11:05:49 AM
robbins new one

so far its great, of course
you really cant loose, its only about 150 pages

Thats all I needed. Thats what I am getting next week when I head to the used bookstore place. Tanks yo!
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Gol D. Roger

Still reading, since last christmas. Halfway through now.
,,Teenage Dreams, So Hard To Beat"

blatboom

picked this up for my trip.  wanted to read it before I watched the movie..

Igbo

Quote from: blatboom on August 03, 2009, 09:06:47 AM

Im not a big graphic novel guy but i read it last year before the movie came out and really dug it. Some of it is pretty heady 

blatboom

Quote from: Igbo on August 03, 2009, 12:44:01 PM

Im not a big graphic novel guy but i read it last year before the movie came out and really dug it. Some of it is pretty heady 

word.  I'm totally not into graphic novels either but I figured this was one I could get with.

thechad

Quote from: blatboom on August 03, 2009, 12:57:08 PM
Quote from: Igbo on August 03, 2009, 12:44:01 PM

word.  I'm totally not into graphic novels either but I figured this was one I could get with.

Be sure not to skip over any of the "non-comic" parts of the book.  Like all of the excepts and the like, just as important to the story as everything else.
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

Red... Rocks!

Quotepicked this up for my trip.  wanted to read it before I watched the movie..

Be sure not to skip over any of the "non-comic" parts of the book.  Like all of the excepts and the like, just as important to the story as everything else.

This is an amazing piece of work, even if you aren't into comics... defintiely worth multiple reads. I am re-reading it now, and am finding all kinds of details I didn't catch on the first read.
With regard to the movie I am waiting to see it until December, when the ultimate version with the Black Freighter interwoven into the movie comes out.

whyweigh5.0

I just started this last night
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

postjack

Quote from: whyweigh3.5 on August 04, 2009, 09:08:46 AM
I just started this last night

Klostermann is the man.  "Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs" changed my life in college.  Then "Fargo Rock City" changed it again.

Jay Lake - Trial of Flowers
Quote from: phil on July 06, 2011, 07:09:31 PMI hate every band except phish.
Quote from: sophist on April 29, 2011, 04:31:54 PM::cancels summer Phish show plans to achieve psychedelic warrior status::

Red... Rocks!

khalpin

Quote from: postjack on August 05, 2009, 06:49:31 PM

Klostermann is the man.  "Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs" changed my life in college.  Then "Fargo Rock City" changed it again.

My favorite line from that book: "...listening to Clapton is like getting a sensual massage from a woman you've loved for the past ten years; listening to Van Halen is like having the best sex of your life with three foxy nursing students you met at a Tastee Freez."