News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

What are you reading?

Started by converse29, December 12, 2006, 02:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gah

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on September 15, 2009, 11:19:11 AM
Special circle of literary hell.  Told ya.

You don't have to like it, but you do realize Da Vinci Code sold over 80 million copies and has been translated into 40+ languages? I'm just saying, they're quick fun reads.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

fauxpaxfauxreal

Kenny G.  has similar sales figures.  I would say the same for him in the context of music.

gah

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on September 15, 2009, 11:31:20 AM
Kenny G.  has similar sales figures.  I would say the same for him in the context of music.

Its true. I like Kenny G too!  :cry:

:lol:

fauxpaxfauxreal

Ha.  Do you ever listen to Kenny G. while you're reading Dan Brown?

gah

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on September 15, 2009, 11:36:05 AM
Ha.  Do you ever listen to Kenny G. while you're reading Dan Brown?

Heaven, I'm in heaven....  :-D

fauxpaxfauxreal

One more final question.  Have you ever gasped audibly during either the end of a chapter or the beginning of a chapter?

gah

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on September 15, 2009, 11:37:43 AM
One more final question.  Have you ever gasped audibly during either the end of a chapter or the beginning of a chapter?

Have you been watching my webcam?

fauxpaxfauxreal

Aaditya, I'm sure you're a sensible chap.  Perhaps we can start you off with some light Eggers and then work your way up through McSweeny's.  At that point, you may find yourself regretting the errors of your ways.

gah

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on September 15, 2009, 11:45:57 AM
Aaditya, I'm sure you're a sensible chap.  Perhaps we can start you off with some light Eggers and then work your way up through McSweeny's.  At that point, you may find yourself regretting the errors of your ways.

I actually read A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius. Currently working my way through The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy.

fauxpaxfauxreal

Ok.  You are not what I meant by "Dan Brown Reader".  Dan Brown readers are the ones who have nothing on their shelves besides Dan Brown.  They are similar to, but not the same as the Stephen King readers of the 1970's/1980's.  They are people, who for whatever reason, subsist solely on Dan Brown.

These are the same people who think that McDonald's=Gourmet.

kellerb

Quote from: goodabouthood on September 15, 2009, 11:52:10 AM
I actually read A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius.
No need to repeat yourself, we already know how you feel about the works of Dan Brown

gah

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on September 15, 2009, 11:57:20 AM
Ok.  You are not what I meant by "Dan Brown Reader".  Dan Brown readers are the ones who have nothing on their shelves besides Dan Brown.  They are similar to, but not the same as the Stephen King readers of the 1970's/1980's.  They are people, who for whatever reason, subsist solely on Dan Brown.

These are the same people who think that McDonald's=Gourmet.

It's more like take a break from the art house movies, and seeing the zoned out big summer flick with a big bag of popcorn and soda. What can I say? I'm lovin' it.

rowjimmy

I read that book.
Dave Eggers has a metal folding chair reserved for his face if I even meet him.
Pretentious fuck owes me a few hours of my life.

gah

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 15, 2009, 12:42:49 PM

I read that book.

Yes, I seem to remember your great hatred towards Eggers earlier in this thread.

rowjimmy

Quote from: goodabouthood on September 15, 2009, 01:00:51 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on September 15, 2009, 12:42:49 PM

I read that book.

Yes, I seem to remember your great hatred towards Eggers earlier in this thread.

If he's fucked up "Where The Wild Things Are" I might have to hunt him down.
As that's pretty much a given, I'm in the market for a new compass and a folding chair.