News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

What are you reading?

Started by converse29, December 12, 2006, 02:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sprobeck

Just started The Art of Racing in the Rain. Not a big fan of anthropomorphism but it is... pretty good so far. Before that I read 1776 which was great. I ordered more McCullough's. They should arrive tomorrow.
fresh back from the mental institution and FEELING FINE!!!!!!!!

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 11, 2010, 12:08:12 PM
Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on May 11, 2010, 11:32:19 AM
i think i just found my summer reading... RJ, sophist.. you might enjoy this as well...

Adding that to my list.

i'll probably buy it in the next week or two...
if you want, i can send it to you when i'm done?

...unless you do the ereader-type thing.
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

mbw

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mbw

thatfargone

I HATE that ereader and kindle stuff...give me paper and ink!!!!
Quote from: McGrupp on November 17, 2010, 02:27:48 PM

Don't FUCK with the dead. Bobby will kick your ass. You remember this, thatfargone. Dead is SER BIZ.

PIE-GUY

I could go on and on about how much I love my Kindle... I travel a lot, so books are a pain... plus I read every New Yorker Magazine cover-to-cover and they come every week... to stop that constant flow of paper into my house through to the recycling center is a great feeling.

Plus, I have the Kindle for Blackberry app, so I can pick up reading whatever book I'm in the middle of right where I left off on the Kindle at any time. Great for sitting on the john!!

Don't knock it 'til you try it!

Multibeast12

I've thought about a kindle but i like books to much. I just ordered some epic comic book series off amazon i'm pumped for. But first i have to start a book and finish by friday for a huge book report for class  :-D

kellerb

Quote from: PIE-GUY on May 11, 2010, 03:05:07 PM
I could go on and on about how much I love my Kindle... I travel a lot, so books are a pain... plus I read every New Yorker Magazine cover-to-cover and they come every week... to stop that constant flow of paper into my house through to the recycling center is a great feeling.

Plus, I have the Kindle for Blackberry app, so I can pick up reading whatever book I'm in the middle of right where I left off on the Kindle at any time. Great for sitting on the john!!

Don't knock it 'til you try it!

I won't knock it.  However, I seem to remember hearing about an incident at a hotel that involved replacing a phone....

PIE-GUY

yeah, but the replacement phone is so much nicer than the "lost" phone... worked out just fine!

Mr Minor

A Man in Full

by Tom Wolfe

I love his detailed, almost ridiculously detailed, writing.  He goes so deep into the characters it really makes you love or hate them.

I would recommend I Am Charlotte Simmons to anyone who likes Tom Wolfe.

gah

Anyone reading or have read the new Yann Martel (Life of Pi) book, Beatrice and Virgil? Thinking about picking it up.....
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

phil

textbook on learning and adaptive behavior. fuck finals

i suppose the good news is that i can now tell you all you need to know about mowrer's two process theory of avoidance :frustrated:
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

sophist

Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on May 11, 2010, 01:54:31 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on May 11, 2010, 12:08:12 PM
Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on May 11, 2010, 11:32:19 AM
i think i just found my summer reading... RJ, sophist.. you might enjoy this as well...

Adding that to my list.

i'll probably buy it in the next week or two...
if you want, i can send it to you when i'm done?

...unless you do the ereader-type thing.
I'm adding that to my reading list as well. 
---------------------------------------------------------
I just started Acid Dreams last night. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Multibeast12

I read the first Dark tower book like a year ago and i have nothing else to read so i decided to read them this summer. And i'm on the second one now. It's a great book