News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Superbowl XLI - Colts vs. Bears

Started by tet, January 21, 2007, 10:22:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tet

Quote from: susep73 on January 22, 2007, 11:11:00 PM
I predict Colts will win 42-20 w/ Manning breaking at least 1 SB passing record :wink:

it won't be Phil Simms' record of best pass completion percentage ever in a SB, i can tell you that!  22 of 25, including 10 in a row and 3 TDs.  Nobody has ever thrown a better game in the Big Game.  Not Namath, not Elway, not Favre...  hate all you want, but Simms should have been a no-brainer inductee in Canton on that performance alone!
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

susep

Quote from: tet on January 23, 2007, 11:33:35 AM
hate all you want

I didn't think my prediction would incite such negativity :lol:

antelope19

Quote from: ucusty on January 22, 2007, 04:12:14 PM
im a huge colts fan I have been since they came to indy. 

Ehem, I think you meant the day you stole them from Baltimore!!!!   :evil: :x
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: jedifunk on January 23, 2007, 10:19:34 AM

(btw, would it be weird if my next kid was named peyton [girl or boy] considering that our 1st is named Eli?)
yes, it would be too weird

Quoteit won't be Phil Simms' record of best pass completion percentage ever in a SB, i can tell you that!  22 of 25, including 10 in a row and 3 TDs.  Nobody has ever thrown a better game in the Big Game.  Not Namath, not Elway, not Favre...  hate all you want, but Simms should have been a no-brainer inductee in Canton on that performance alone!
Simms put on an unbelievable show. imo he's not in canton cause he played for a coach with a conservative offensive philosophy (at least then)- I mean, he practically started running out the clock in the 2nd quarter. Also, who were the receivers? Bavarro was great, then such other memorable names like Phil McKonkey. If Simms had someone half as good as Rice, Stallworth, Carter, or even Burris it would have been a different story.

but, back on topic, I think Peyton will have a great day.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

susep

Quote from: tet on January 23, 2007, 11:33:35 AM
it won't be Phil Simms' record of best pass completion percentage ever in a SB, i can tell you that!  22 of 25, including 10 in a row and 3 TDs.  Nobody has ever thrown a better game in the Big Game.  Not Namath, not Elway, not Favre...  hate all you want, but Simms should have been a no-brainer inductee in Canton on that performance alone!

If your going to go w/ Simms on the basis of a one game performance then Doug Williams, the first black QB to win a SB deserves such accolades :mrgreen:
Doug Williams came to the Redskins from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 1986 and won Super Bowl XXII Most Valuable Player honors when he led Washington to a 42-10 rout of the Denver Broncos. Williams completed 18 of 29 passes for 340 yards and four touchdowns in the victory. Williams outdueled the Broncos' John Elway, connecting on two long bombs of 80 and 50 yards to Ricky Sanders and a 27-yard pass to Gary Clark.

westcider

Go Bears!  I can't predict the score, but the Bears will win.

I have really grown to hate Peyton commercials, but during the Colts game when they were examining his thumb, me and my roomies were all yelling at him to "rub some dirt on it".

gimmetela

Quote from: westcider on January 26, 2007, 12:56:13 AM

I have really grown to hate Peyton commercials, but during the Colts game when they were examining his thumb, me and my roomies were all yelling at him to "rub some dirt on it".

HA!  ME TOO!

that's good shit.
I like Peyton, I like his style and I think that Grossman is going to make too many rookie-ish mistakes.  And besides the AFC trounces the NFC anyway.  chew on that one boys!  Colts 28 Bears 21

jephrey

And how many winners have you predicted so far in the playoffs gimmetela?  :wink:

C'mon, go with the Bears.  Underdogs rule!

J
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

sophist

GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

whyweigh5.0

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

ucusty

Colts favored by a TD  thats a tough bet

jedifunk

Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

susep

The Colts last SB before leaving Bmore:

SUPER BOWL V
Baltimore Colts 16, Dallas Cowboys 13
Orange Bowl, Miami, Florida
January 17, 1971
Attendance: 79,204

1 2 3 4 Final
Baltimore Colts (AFC) 0 6 0 10 16
Dallas Cowboys (NFC) 3 10 0 0 13

Most Valuable Player: Chuck Howley, Dallas Cowboys

A 32-yard field goal in the final five seconds gave the Colts the championship.
The final game of the season rested on the leg of rookie placekicker JimO'Brien. O'Brien did not let his teammates down, booting a 32-yard fieldgoal through the uprights in the final five seconds to give the Colts the championship.
Dallas, which would begin an incredible run of playoff appearances, actually took a 13-6 halftime lead on a pair of field goals and a seven-yard touchdown pass from Craig Morton to Duane Thomas. The Colts received a "Hail Mary" of sorts when a pass targeted for WR EddieHinton, carromed off the hands of Dallas defensive back Mel Renfro and into the hands of John Mackey, who went 45 yards to score on a 75-yard passplay.

Interceptions by Rick Volk and Mike Curtis set up a Baltimoretouchdown and O'Brien's game-winner in the waning seconds.

Cowboys LBChuck Howley became the first player from a losing team to win the MVPtrophy. It was also the first-ever Super Bowl played on artificial turf.

Casey Lenahan

as long as the bears have 8/9 and the colts have 1/4 so i can win some money 
I owe Aug $20