News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Superbowl XLI - Colts vs. Bears

Started by tet, January 21, 2007, 10:22:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gimmetela

Quote from: jephrey on January 28, 2007, 05:38:29 PM
And how many winners have you predicted so far in the playoffs gimmetela?  :wink:

C'mon, go with the Bears.  Underdogs rule!

J

now that was just hateful, spiteful, and otherwise uncalled for.  i love it! 

i went for the underdogs, and the saints blew monkey bear chunks and my precious chargers sucked.   i gotta start bein' right sometime eh?
GO COLTS! 

VA $l!m

-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

susep

Quote from: VA slim on February 01, 2007, 03:30:55 PM
this game is gonna be fun.

indeed, I think next to New Years this is a rabid buzz-on event. :lol:

gimmetela

yeah, too bad i havta work...some cheese dick that just started got it off...does seniority have a place in the world, or did it go the way of chivalry?

still GO COLTS!

Guyute

DVR is the greatest thing ever.  Manning, its all about Manning.  been following him since UT and really want to see him get this monkey off his back.  As the saying goes "he's just good people" and the kind of guy you want to succeed.

I also think that Rex Grossman is due for another collapse.
Good decisions come from experience;
Experience comes from bad decisions.

About to open a bottle of Macallan.  There's my foreign policy; I support Scotland.

gimmetela

yeah, i think grossman is going to crumble...even though he's been razor sharp all thru the playoffs.

Quote from: Guyute on February 02, 2007, 01:31:08 PM
DVR is the greatest thing ever. 

DVR?  I wish, we use VCR!!!
(note the faint scream of technology being lost on mountain folk...)

cleech74

You stick with that VCR, gimme!  I gots one too.

I taped the game in 2002 b/c I had to work.  I lucked out, and no one told me the score.  I almost fast forwarded thru the halftime show, but decided to let it run while I made dinner.  I just happened to wander back in the room when Janet Jackson's boob was exposed. :lol: :-o :?

I thought it was real funny at the time.  Looking back, it was one of the worst things to happen ever in the US, b/c of what it did to media. :|

As for the game, go Bears.  I still gotta b-lieve in the Mayflower Curse. :-P
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

susep

Quote from: cleech74 on February 03, 2007, 09:25:20 AM

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: cleech74 on February 03, 2007, 09:25:20 AM
You stick with that VCR, gimme!  I gots one too.

I taped the game in 2002 b/c I had to work.  I lucked out, and no one told me the score.  I almost fast forwarded thru the halftime show, but decided to let it run while I made dinner.  I just happened to wander back in the room when Janet Jackson's boob was exposed. :lol: :-o :?

I thought it was real funny at the time.  Looking back, it was one of the worst things to happen ever in the US, b/c of what it did to media. :|

heh- I remember the Giants first Super Bowl in 86-7. Had to work. Taped the game. Told everyone I saw- SAY NOTHING. Got to about 3AM when I overheard 2 people the next room over saying how great it was that the Giants won. Of course, I couldn't be mad or anything. Went home at 7, bought a copy of the Post and Times, cracked open a beer, and watchted a great game. It would have been more fun if I didn't know the score, but it was still great.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

cleech74

Quote from: susep73 on February 03, 2007, 06:24:33 PM

As sad as it is, what a kick-ass picture! :|

On a side note, Mayflower of Baltimore donated a truck and their services to the Baltimore Colts/Ravens Marching Band, forever.  They did not want to be associated with the Indy Mayflower fleet.  Not many people know that.  Classy business move, IMO.

"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

shoreline99

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

cleech74

7-0 Bears.  Kickoff return. :beers:

Oh yeah, an INT.

cleech74

cleech74

mattstick

wacky game

I'm gonna be up late!

got home from The Decemberists in time to catch Billy Joel sing the anthem.