News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Upcoming shows you'll be attending

Started by newplanet7, January 28, 2007, 04:08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sophist

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

mehead

Quote from: JPhishman on December 29, 2015, 12:16:24 PM
8 days til Jamcruise!

:banana:  :crazy:  :banana:

Dr. John & The Nite Trippers
Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue
Galactic
Lotus
JJ Grey & Mofro
Joe Russo's Almost Dead
Karl Denson's Tiny Universe
Lettuce
Soulive
Snarky Puppy
Keller Williams Solo and with More Than a Little
New Mastersounds
The Infamous Stringdusters
Anders Osborne
Dumpstaphunk
ALO
Nicki Bluhm & the Gramblers
Southern Soul Assembly feat. JJ Grey, Luther Dickinson, Anders Osborne & Marc Broussard
Electron
The Floozies
The Werks
Twiddle
TAUK
Brownout Presents Brown Sabbath
Marco Benevento
Zach Deputy
Cabinet
Worship My Organ feat. Robert Walter, Marco Benevento, Adam Deitch & Skerik
Stanton Moore Jazz Trio
Con Brio
Roosevelt Collier Super Jam
Everyone Orchestra
Nathan Moore
Rayland Baxter

Special Guests:
Fred Wesley
Mike Dillon
Anders Beck
Paul Hoffman
Ron Holloway
Amy Helm
Eric McFadden
Holly Bowling
Col Bruce Hampton

DJ Logic
Motion Potion

Should be rather sick. Enjoy!!
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

emay

Quote from: mehead on December 29, 2015, 12:27:26 PM
Quote from: JPhishman on December 29, 2015, 12:16:24 PM
8 days til Jamcruise!

:banana:  :crazy:  :banana:

Dr. John & The Nite Trippers
Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue
Galactic
Lotus
JJ Grey & Mofro
Joe Russo's Almost Dead
Karl Denson's Tiny Universe
Lettuce
Soulive
Snarky Puppy
Keller Williams Solo and with More Than a Little
New Mastersounds
The Infamous Stringdusters
Anders Osborne
Dumpstaphunk
ALO
Nicki Bluhm & the Gramblers
Southern Soul Assembly feat. JJ Grey, Luther Dickinson, Anders Osborne & Marc Broussard
Electron
The Floozies
The Werks
Twiddle
TAUK
Brownout Presents Brown Sabbath
Marco Benevento
Zach Deputy
Cabinet
Worship My Organ feat. Robert Walter, Marco Benevento, Adam Deitch & Skerik
Stanton Moore Jazz Trio
Con Brio
Roosevelt Collier Super Jam
Everyone Orchestra
Nathan Moore
Rayland Baxter

Special Guests:
Fred Wesley
Mike Dillon
Anders Beck
Paul Hoffman
Ron Holloway
Amy Helm
Eric McFadden
Holly Bowling
Col Bruce Hampton

DJ Logic
Motion Potion

Should be rather sick. Enjoy!!

Tell my man Cris Jacobs I said whats up!
Dont see him on that line up but last time I talked to him he said he was gonna be on the cruise.
Have a blast man!
Hope one day to hit this up

PIE-GUY

Do NOT miss Brown Sabbath. Serious business. My buddy Alex is the Mexican Ozzy (per Ozzy himself). And Brownout is as tight a Latin Funk band as you'll see anywhere.

If Erin ever kicks me out and I go through divorce number two, the very next January will be my first Jamcruise. No doubt. I'm not hoping for this eventuality... I'm just sayin'.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

gah

First of all, JC looks funkalicious, as usual. Heath you get a robe or something this year? A chalice?

Secondly, emay, did I tell you Chris Jacobs was on my flight down to jazzfest last year? I didn't bother him though, he was getting asked lots of questions by a couple other people while we were waiting.

Thirdly, PG, so here's your choice, keep the wife and send me the jf posters, OR get rid of the wife and go on jamcruise. What's it going to be?
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

JPhishman

Yeah u right emay. Cris has been added along with a few others. I'm a big fan of his. We'll surely get to hear some of the project he's got going with Ivan, which has got to be awesome.

PG - Brown Sabbath will not be missed. You're not the only person to tell me this and they have a pretty juicy 11:00 time slot on the top deck right after dr John and Dumpstaphunk.

GAH - Got the robe last cruise year. They're giving us eno hammocks this year which will go right up on our balcony for a little lounging in between 15 hour days of music! The post-breakfast nap is key.
"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

gah

Quote from: JPhishman on December 29, 2015, 02:28:01 PM
Yeah u right emay. Cris has been added along with a few others. I'm a big fan of his. We'll surely get to hear some of the project he's got going with Ivan, which has got to be awesome.

PG - Brown Sabbath will not be missed. You're not the only person to tell me this and they have a pretty juicy 11:00 time slot on the top deck right after dr John and Dumpstaphunk.

GAH - Got the robe last cruise year. They're giving us eno hammocks this year which will go right up on our balcony for a little lounging in between 15 hour days of music! The post-breakfast nap is key.

eno hammock napping on the balcony?!?! don't go tumbling over board now! jamcruise hasn't lost a funkateer yet, no need to be the first! RAGE!
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

emay

Nice! yeah I have loved most of Cris's stuff, I listened to the Jacobs Neville album but def need to catch that next time they do a show around me. Let me know how the jamcruise sets and sit ins are!
GAH thats funny that he was on your flight! Small world, I remember they did that neville jacobs show down there. Last time I saw him was when he came through with Everyone oRchestra in Denver. And then he was here doing some recording for nevile/jacobs album with one of the sound engineers in Denver and he sat in for a couple songs with dumstrafunk at cervantes. Good dude.

eno hammock on the balcony sounds pretty epic and thats a great gift this year too; for summer excursions and what not.

barnesy305

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on December 29, 2015, 07:56:34 PM

Nice! yeah I have loved most of Cris's stuff, I listened to the Jacobs Neville album but def need to catch that next time they do a show around me. Let me know how the jamcruise sets and sit ins are!
GAH thats funny that he was on your flight! Small world, I remember they did that neville jacobs show down there. Last time I saw him was when he came through with Everyone oRchestra in Denver. And then he was here doing some recording for nevile/jacobs album with one of the sound engineers in Denver and he sat in for a couple songs with dumstrafunk at cervantes. Good dude.

eno hammock on the balcony sounds pretty epic and thats a great gift this year too; for summer excursions and what not.

Some friends of mine have been recording and performing with him lately, they are also the bass player and drummer in DJ Williams band here in Richmond. I just texted the drummer and he said that they will not be on the cruise and Cris will be performing solo, but of course, I'm sure there will be sit ins and collabos.

Bobafett

Quote from: sophist on December 29, 2015, 12:25:50 PM
Quote from: mehead on December 29, 2015, 12:11:02 PM
Panic at the Fox tonight.
give me a shout this evening.

Y'all got a report/review of this?  Heard good things about the whole run.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

zimbra

"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

rowjimmy

emay

1/15 - Electron @ Fox theater Boulder
1/16 - Electron @ Gothic Theater Denver
1/30 The Knocks - Larimer LOunge Denver
2/5 - STS9 at the Fillmore
2/6 - Mike Gordon at the Gothic
2-12-14 - Ween at 1rst Bank  :rawk:
2/22-24 - Winter Wondergrass Avon, CO

sophist

Quote from: Bobafett on January 06, 2016, 10:02:11 AM
Quote from: sophist on December 29, 2015, 12:25:50 PM
Quote from: mehead on December 29, 2015, 12:11:02 PM
Panic at the Fox tonight.
give me a shout this evening.

Y'all got a report/review of this?  Heard good things about the whole run.
I really enjoyed this run.  The Fox is just so special to me, and given how they played the last time there (2/14/11), it was total redemption to me.  The cover choices were unreal to me, and all so well executed

Dead Flowers
Jessica
Ace of Spades
I Can See Clearly Now
Hallelujah
Heroes
Watchtower
Old Joe
Slippin' Into Darkness
A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall

It was the best new year's run of there's I've seen since Houser was around in my opinion.  I thought they were just on in a way I hadn't felt since the hiatus ended and many years prior, and for me, the people that were with me, the music, the venue, and the ability to just get lost in all these magical moments was fucking awesome.  I'm actually a little bummed that Duane won't be behind the kit anymore.  Even something as mundane as drums on 12/31, had me going "holy shit."  Herring was refined in a very good way too.  He wasn't balls to the wall 90 miles per hour either.  He chose his notes very carefully. 

I already listened to all three nights on Z-man's pull and I thought a lot of it translated to tape well too.  I thought they had the sound really dialed into for all three nights.  My seats were never more than ten rows from the pit, but I spent one set on 12/31 on the balcony far schools side, and I was impressed with the sound up there too. 

Hoffman made that place a psychedelic wonderland too.  The guy just knows how to light a room.  He did a really good job of not having the spastic funnel feel like 2013 and parts of 2014.  It was way more dead and Phish esque in its presentation. 

Surprisingly extras were around all three nights.  I couldn't give my 12/29 away.  I miracle'd some w00k who happened to have a birthday.  Made his day.  12/30 was the same way.  Extras on the ground.  12/31 looked like a tough ticket, but I didn't see many waiting outside as I walked out during Tail Dragger. 

Security was pretty lax with the exception of smoking indoors but that's fine with me.  I think it's pretty shitty to smoke cigs in a theater like the fox.  Getting in kinda sucked as there were metal detectors that slowed down the pace of the line.  Sleeping in my own bed was a huge plus too.  But I probably wouldn't have traveled for this year if it had been outside of Atlanta, and honestly, if it had been Phillips, I probably would have done 1-2 nights before NYE and spent NYE with my fiance.   

I think the new music and new covers kept it very fresh.  There was some cliche shit too (like up all night in the encore slot of 12/31, but that's to be expected too). 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!