News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Upcoming shows you'll be attending

Started by newplanet7, January 28, 2007, 04:08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sls.stormyrider

just got tix for 8/16

Ratdog
Allman Bros

can't wait
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

rowjimmy

Green Apple Music Festival
Sunday April 20th, 2008
National Mall
Washington, DC

FREE!!!

The Roots & Friends
Gov't Mule
Toots & The Maytals
Thievery Corporation (DJ Set)
Warren Haynes Solo Acoustic
Umphreys McGee

antelope19

I saw that.  Looks like a good time, but I'll be out of town unfort.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

rowjimmy

Barring the birth of my son, I'll be taping.

JimmyWilson

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 27, 2008, 11:33:45 AM
Sunday April 20th, 2008
National Mall
Washington, DC

FREE!!!

The Roots & Friends
Gov't Mule
Toots & The Maytals
Umphreys McGee

nice.  should have some toots sit-in with the Mule.

next show for me will probably be YMSB 4/11 at the Wilma, then RAQ 4/18-19 in NYC, after that nothing i can think of til Wilco in May

nab

Be right there with you for Wilco in may, of course you know that, but I was going to post that show as well here.

i haven't decided if I'm going to the Yonder show yet.

Wolfmansbrother

last night i saw TR3 featuring tim reynolds
excellent show
i pretty much knew nothing about the band
but they kicked ass for almost 3 hours
amazing Whole Lotta Love encore too

heres a nice vid for those who are not familiar

sophist

The solos were way too random for my taste, and the head was kind of cool, but the song just seemed like an excuse shred amelodically.  I can see how people would like that sort of chaos, but it just wasn't for me.     
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Wolfmansbrother

yeah im pretty sure the guy is known for his super fast playing
which yeah...is impressive but it is a little too chaotic
still put on a fun show though

Casey Lenahan

I owe Aug $20

WillBreathes

It is April, and that means 17 days til I head to 'bama, woohoo.
tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Sunday April 20th, 2008
National Mall
Washington, DC

FREE!!!

The Roots & Friends
Gov't Mule
Toots & The Maytals
Umphreys McGee

me too!!!
but Chicago stylie!

QuoteChicago's arm of the Green Apple Festival will take place at the Lincoln Park Zoo, featuring live music by the Derek Trucks Band, Dirty Dozen Brass Band, Meshell Ndegeocello, Chicago Afrobeat Project, Miss Lori Holton Nash (PBS Kids) and the Gwalla Gwallas. The day's events will be emceed by Kyle Orton of the Chicago Bears.

i'll be able to sit on my balcony of my place and watch  :-D
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

PhishJY

I don't know if it counts as a show or not, but I'm going to see Rodney Carrington on 5/01 in Huntsville, AL.  He plays a guitar during "Show Them To Me" & "Dear Penis", so I'm counting it.
Quote from: nab on April 13, 2007, 09:50:05 AM
Honestly though, this whole post whoring thing is getting to be a little ridiculous.  But does having a higher post count make a cooler pauger?

Blaise

Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on April 01, 2008, 12:08:10 PM
Sunday April 20th, 2008
National Mall
Washington, DC

FREE!!!

The Roots & Friends
Gov't Mule
Toots & The Maytals
Umphreys McGee

me too!!!
but Chicago stylie!

QuoteChicago's arm of the Green Apple Festival will take place at the Lincoln Park Zoo, featuring live music by the Derek Trucks Band, Dirty Dozen Brass Band, Meshell Ndegeocello, Chicago Afrobeat Project, Miss Lori Holton Nash (PBS Kids) and the Gwalla Gwallas. The day's events will be emceed by Kyle Orton of the Chicago Bears.

i'll be able to sit on my balcony of my place and watch  :-D

Um, really? Since when/where do you live in Chicago? And why move to Lincoln Park? I'm moving out of that neighborhood but at the moment (til june) I live about 2-3 blocks from the Zoo. I assume your just moving there so I'll let you know that unless you live right by the middle of the zoo, 5-10 stories up, theres no way to see the show from your balcony. The show takes place in the middle of the zoo. Last year was great w/ disco biscuits and umphreys and the weather (iffy in April here) was gorgeous. An incredible weekend for sure last year.

Blaise

I'm not sure if I'm going to go though. I have a work outing that my gf is coming in for and then I am going to Kraftwerk 4.20 in the evening in Milwookie.