News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Upcoming shows you'll be attending

Started by newplanet7, January 28, 2007, 04:08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: mistercharlie on June 10, 2023, 06:48:26 AMWe're helping my wife re-live high school next weekend by going to see the 80's-90's punk band Descendants and the modern punk band Get Dead at The Murat. (I actually like Get Dead quite a bit as they are more "crusty acoustic punk").

It really is kind of strange that some of the people that we stayed loosely in-touch with these past 20-some years after High School are all planning to meet-up at the show. I haven't seen some of them in person in that whole time.

My close friends in the 90s (still close friends but ya know) saw Descendents and said it was hands down their favourite show they seen out of 1000+. They were heavy into the punk scene, which for some reason missed me.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

antelope19

Ricky Skaggs and Kentucky Thunder next weekend in small town Georgia with a dear friend. Can't wait! Been wanting to see them forever.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

GBL

going to see Gov't Mule tomorrow at Vetter Stone Amphitheatre in Mankato, MN

should be a good time
If this is love, I'm never going home..

pcr3

This is going to be a fun week for me...

6/25-Dead and Company at Fenway (last Boston show).  Grabbed field seats yesterday and will definitely be hanging with SF and Mrs. SF.  This could be the last time...

6/29-Les and the Flying Frog Brigade at the new MGM Music Hall at Fenway with SF.  First time at this venue for me, and when I saw this band about 20 years ago at Somerville Theater, it was one of the best shows I had ever seen (Animals tour).

6/30-Ed Sheeran at Gillette Stadium with my wife and son.  Venue is maybe 15 minutes from home and we have a "local" way to get there to avoid traffic.  Should be a fun family experience.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

mistercharlie

Last night's Descendents show was pretty damned good. And while we were waiting in line for the merch booth we saw an ad for a Dinosaur Jr. show coming up next month. We bought tickets to that as soon as we got to our seats.  They are probably the wife's favorite band (it's a toss-up between Social Distortion and Dinosaur Jr. for her), so we're pretty excited for it.

And as I mentioned about the Descendents show we were going to be seeing people from high school that we hadn't seen in 25 years... It turns out our class was having their 25th reunion at a bar by our high school last night too! I think our reunion was better though.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

emay

Nice love some dinosaur jr. they are def one of the loudest shows I've seen. 

mistercharlie

For sure! Jay Mascis is such an amazing guitar player, one of the best from the 'alternative/grunge' era.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mistercharlie

Trying to talk the wife into going to see Altin Gün at our local record store on July 21st.

khalpin

Dream Theater with Devin Townsend and Animals As Leaders opening on Saturday night in Philly. 

mopper_smurf

Quote from: mistercharlie on June 28, 2023, 11:55:54 AMTrying to talk the wife into going to see Altin Gün at our local record store on July 21st.

They are great! Saw them a bunch of times and they brought the house down every single time.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

mistercharlie

Quote from: mopper_smurf on June 29, 2023, 05:35:02 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on June 28, 2023, 11:55:54 AMTrying to talk the wife into going to see Altin Gün at our local record store on July 21st.

They are great! Saw them a bunch of times and they brought the house down every single time.
Even if she decides not to go, I am. It's $10 and 5 minutes from my house... Can't pass that up. The only reason I'm trying to get her to go is that we are on our Anniversary stay-cation that week. It feels shitty to leave her alone on the Friday night of our week.

pcr3

Quote from: pcr3 on June 23, 2023, 02:05:40 PMThis is going to be a fun week for me...

6/25-Dead and Company at Fenway (last Boston show).  Grabbed field seats yesterday and will definitely be hanging with SF and Mrs. SF.  This could be the last time...

6/29-Les and the Flying Frog Brigade at the new MGM Music Hall at Fenway with SF.  First time at this venue for me, and when I saw this band about 20 years ago at Somerville Theater, it was one of the best shows I had ever seen (Animals tour).

6/30-Ed Sheeran at Gillette Stadium with my wife and son.  Venue is maybe 15 minutes from home and we have a "local" way to get there to avoid traffic.  Should be a fun family experience.

So....it was just announced that John Mayer will be opening for Ed Sheeran tonight.  Fingers crossed he plays a GD song, but guessing that is unlikely...
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

kellerb

Quote from: pcr3 on June 30, 2023, 03:20:45 PM
Quote from: pcr3 on June 23, 2023, 02:05:40 PMThis is going to be a fun week for me...

So....it was just announced that John Mayer will be opening for Ed Sheeran tonight.  Fingers crossed he plays a GD song, but guessing that is unlikely...

Obviously he's recruiting Sheeran for Dead&Co v.2.  all they need is TSwift for the Donna parts

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: kellerb on June 30, 2023, 06:35:30 PM

Obviously he's recruiting Sheeran for Dead&Co v.2.  all they need is TSwift for the Donna parts

I'm having a really hard time picturing that cast ripping a Casey Jones.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

kellerb

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on July 01, 2023, 12:49:46 AM
Quote from: kellerb on June 30, 2023, 06:35:30 PM

I'm having a really hard time picturing that cast ripping a Casey Jones.

just picture Johnny and Ed doing a cute Playin', Ed on acoustic, and then Taylor launches up from under the stage floor in one of her sequined things, lands in front of them, pyro going off everywhere, and rips into a huge playin' wail.