News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Upcoming shows you'll be attending

Started by newplanet7, January 28, 2007, 04:08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

newplanet7

Quote from: phan003 on June 16, 2007, 01:41:44 PM
Funny would be applying super glue to your nuts and putting said nuts on her face.  Talk about "seeing the light" and remaining faithful to the indigo girls manifesto.  :wink: 

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 16, 2007, 10:33:26 PM
There's more airbrush on that shot than on a Peterbilt with a flame job.
:lol:

"Gus Johnson Got the key"

Caravan2001

want some butter for that burn?  :lol:

danje

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on September 07, 2007, 08:49:15 PM
9/15 Wreckloose @ Red Square
10/20 Phil @ GFCC
10/25 Wreckloose @ Revolution Hall
10/31 U-Melt @ Revolution Hall
11/1 Disco Biscuits @ Palace Theater
11/3 Ratdog @ Palace Theater

this is gonna be a rough Fall.  

Gumbo, check out the band Lotus. They put the biscuits to shame. They've got tour dates in early November in NY too.

http://www.archive.org/details/Lotus

Caravan2001

Thanks to Hicks, I'll now be attending the Ween show....sold out in less than a day!  Thank you  :clap:

sophist

Quote from: newplanet7 on September 07, 2007, 08:56:15 PM
Sorry to start a fiasco phan.
Just some harmless rips.
Like this:

:?  :?
Just a little schwilly and havin' some  :lol:  :lol:

:beers:
-todd
:-D
I think that statement should be amended.  Last night I saw no Sorostitutes, only drunken high school chicks who couldn't handle their alcohol.  I have to say that I was in the upper age bracket of people in attendance(is Dave's main audience in high school or was this an exception?).  This did add a weird vibe for me.  Anyway, he did play watchtower last night and it was on par with other versions I've heard.  I still hold Hendrix's cover of watchtower in very high regard, and I do like Hendrix's version more than Dave's version.  However, I did notice that Dave never really goes for the psychedelic sound, so I guess in its original context (the way Dylan performed it), Dave does do it some justice.     
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

redrum

Quote from: phan003 on September 09, 2007, 01:41:54 PM
:-D
I think that statement should be amended.  Last night I saw no Sorostitutes, only drunken high school chicks who couldn't handle their alcohol.  I have to say that I was in the upper age bracket of people in attendance(is Dave's main audience in high school or was this an exception?).  This did add a weird vibe for me.  Anyway, he did play watchtower last night and it was on par with other versions I've heard.  I still hold Hendrix's cover of watchtower in very high regard, and I do like Hendrix's version more than Dave's version.  However, I did notice that Dave never really goes for the psychedelic sound, so I guess in its original context (the way Dylan performed it), Dave does do it some justice.     

so you're saying that you like dave matthews more than hendrix and dylan combined cause he's better than they are??
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

sophist

no.  I like Hendrix's version the most.  Its the one I listen to the most.  I'm saying when comparing the Dave version to the original recording, Dave does do it justice.  However, for me I tend to compare any cover of it to the Hendrix version and thats inaccurate on my part.  I was thinking about this as Dave played it last night. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

redrum

Quote from: phan003 on September 09, 2007, 01:56:44 PM
no.  I like Hendrix's version the most.  Its the one I listen to the most.  I'm saying when comparing the Dave version to the original recording, Dave does do it justice.  However, for me I tend to compare any cover of it to the Hendrix version and thats inaccurate on my part.  I was thinking about this as Dave played it last night. 

sorry i guess i shoulda thrown one of these  --->    :wink:     at the end of that question.

i was totally kidding. no one is better than jimmi or dylan.

....except dave mathews.

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

newplanet7

Just having a little fun phan.
You're good people.
-todd
Quote from: phan003 on June 16, 2007, 01:41:44 PM
Funny would be applying super glue to your nuts and putting said nuts on her face.  Talk about "seeing the light" and remaining faithful to the indigo girls manifesto.  :wink: 

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 16, 2007, 10:33:26 PM
There's more airbrush on that shot than on a Peterbilt with a flame job.
:lol:

"Gus Johnson Got the key"

gimmetela

gimmetela

in a few short hours, PERRY FARRELL'S SATELLITE PARTY!

i'm stoked.  after all the stress of the past 6 weeks of my life, i need some loud danceable music...so i can scream, jump, stomp, whatever.  if you try to do these things in a grocery store, it just doesn't translate.

oh sweet catharsis.

the kicker?  i'm going solo.  haven't been to a show alone in a hot minute.  it's still gonna kick ass.

haleakalari

i am going to be catching garaj mahal with a few buddies at the knitting factory (ny) on september 27th (a day before my birthday, huzzah!) and then try to head over to williamsburg a few hours later to see if i can weasel my way in for mmw. anyone else heading to these shows? and has anyone here seen garaj mahal? (i never have seen them play, but have heard them live and really like some of their stuff, especially when the guitarist is more involved. if anyone has any experiences with seeing this group, then banter, rant or ramble away please.)
The bemonstering of your ganache awaits!

antelope19

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

Blaise

Commence the hatin...

Quote from: gimmetela on September 10, 2007, 05:59:05 PM
in a few short hours, PERRY FARRELL'S SATELLITE PARTY!

Listened to their set at lollapalooza and other then the jane's covers, it was downright awful...

Quote from: phan003 on September 09, 2007, 01:56:44 PM
no.  I like Hendrix's version the most.  Its the one I listen to the most.  I'm saying when comparing the Dave version to the original recording, Dave does do it justice.

Dude, I thought dave wrote that songs...haha

Quote from: danje on September 08, 2007, 12:31:26 PM
Gumbo, check out the band Lotus. They put the biscuits to shame.

Biggest laugh of the day, thanks for that. Have you ever even seen bisco or lotus to compare? Besides the fact they sound nothing alike, one constantly tours with dj harry, need I say more? Lotus is jv, their guitarist is ok but I won't pay more than 3 dollars to see them ever again.