News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Upcoming shows you'll be attending

Started by newplanet7, January 28, 2007, 04:08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McGrupp

Next show for McGrupp = The New Deal @ Norva, Norfolk VA. 3/21/09. First time seeing them - anyone caught a new deal show before? I've seen The Join (w/ the duo) - had a blast at that show, but never seen TND by themselves. Can't wait for this one.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

gah

Quote from: McGrupp on March 16, 2009, 01:32:18 AM
Next show for McGrupp = The New Deal @ Norva, Norfolk VA. 3/21/09. First time seeing them - anyone caught a new deal show before? I've seen The Join (w/ the duo) - had a blast at that show, but never seen TND by themselves. Can't wait for this one.

Dude, this is going to be a sick show for sure. Come ready to dance your ass off. When are you heading to Norfolk? I live 5 mins from the Norva and got a few people hitting this up if you want to get together beforehand for some beers.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

McGrupp

Quote from: goodabouthood on March 16, 2009, 10:04:20 AM
Quote from: McGrupp on March 16, 2009, 01:32:18 AM

Dude, this is going to be a sick show for sure. Come ready to dance your ass off. When are you heading to Norfolk? I live 5 mins from the Norva and got a few people hitting this up if you want to get together beforehand for some beers.

Cool! Yeah i think me and my crew are gettin down there just in time for the show - dont think we're gonna have too much time to mess around beforehand. You going to the show? Send me a PM if you are, we can exchange numbers and meet up.

I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

McGrupp

New deal was the SHIT!!!! Those guys know how to bring the heat. God damn.

Met up with goodabouthood last night at the show - had a good time talking with him and his girl, super cool cats. What'd you think of the show dude? I shot you a text last night.

postjack

Mastodon at the HOB in New Orleans, April 11th.

Caught NMAS and HCR here in Mobile last night.  Great show.
Quote from: phil on July 06, 2011, 07:09:31 PMI hate every band except phish.
Quote from: sophist on April 29, 2011, 04:31:54 PM::cancels summer Phish show plans to achieve psychedelic warrior status::

gah

Quote from: McGrupp on March 22, 2009, 01:22:53 PM

Met up with goodabouthood last night at the show - had a good time talking with him and his girl, super cool cats. What'd you think of the show dude? I shot you a text last night.

Yeah dude, good meeting up with you as well. I was hoping Telepath was going to be the second opener, cause I wanted to check them out also, but got there too late, oh well. Then Future Rock was meh, at best. And then the New Deal came on and they definitely delivered. Its good to see these guys on the road again. I have to admit though, I might be getting a little old for these kinds of shows, we ended up leaving about 1/2 way through the second set! I was beat! Then again we did start drinking around 6 that day  :-)

Let me know when you guys are ready to play in Norfolk and I'll help you set it up.

McGrupp

Quote from: goodabouthood on March 23, 2009, 10:35:03 AM
Quote from: McGrupp on March 22, 2009, 01:22:53 PM

Yeah dude, good meeting up with you as well. I was hoping Telepath was going to be the second opener, cause I wanted to check them out also, but got there too late, oh well. Then Future Rock was meh, at best. And then the New Deal came on and they definitely delivered. Its good to see these guys on the road again. I have to admit though, I might be getting a little old for these kinds of shows, we ended up leaving about 1/2 way through the second set! I was beat! Then again we did start drinking around 6 that day  :-)

Let me know when you guys are ready to play in Norfolk and I'll help you set it up.

Ha! I could have gone til five in the morning! In fact, I was still "going" up until sometime in the afternoon yesterday. Those pressies I snagged inside the show must have either been bomb or had something in em...

But yeah man, we will for sure keep in touch about setting up a show or two. Thanks again.

emay

Gene Ween band tonight in Asheville  :banana:
getting down and brown!

McGrupp

Quote from: emayPhishheadMD on March 26, 2009, 11:36:13 AM
Gene Ween band tonight in Asheville  :banana:
getting down and brown!

Say what up to Joe Russo for me!

hoodie22

Allman brothers @ the beacon with the dad and brother tonight.

The New Deal on wednesday in broooklyn.

McGrupp

Quote from: hoodie22 on March 26, 2009, 01:02:47 PM

Get ready to dance your ass off!!!

gah

Quote from: McGrupp on March 26, 2009, 02:24:18 PM

I'll second that.

hoodie22

Quote from: goodabouthood on March 26, 2009, 02:28:46 PM
Quote from: McGrupp on March 26, 2009, 02:24:18 PM

I'll second that.

Oh I'm more than ready....my best girlfriend (and show partner) is returning from Isreal (for good this time!) and we haven't gone to a show together in like 6 months. Its fate that she is coming home just in time for tND, we never miss them when they come around. I'm so pumped.
We're gonna be rockin' the hell out  :banana:

alcoholandcoffeebeans

ben harper and the relentless7
NIN
:phish:
lolla

i missed karl denison last night  :|

shaping up to be a good summer  :-D
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

Marmar

Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.