News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Windows Vista!

Started by jephrey, January 31, 2007, 09:23:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Casey Lenahan

Quote from: mattstick on March 05, 2007, 02:03:04 PM
I just cannot imagine going back to a PC now... already looking at buying a 20" iMac when I get back home... hopefully they'll be in black by the summer :)

must be nice!
I owe Aug $20

sls.stormyrider

All I can say is Dell is smart for keeping a corporate version with XP on it. Most big companies, including where I work, has no intention of changing.
IE 7 is bad enough. It crashed my laptop - several times until I figured it out. A friend of mine had the same problem. I heard some big companies (and the govt) are banning it.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

rowjimmy

We had a planning meeting, today, for this year's system upgrades... (I'm in IT)
One of the contractors asked if we were going to switch to Vista and he didn't even get the question out before he, and the rest of us, broke up laughing...

Not

A

Chance

Guyute

I work for a very large technology company and we just finished going to XP.  No one has seen any compelling to move to Vista.  Combine that with the cost of the hardware upgrades to support it and we are probably 3-4 years from beginning a rollout.

What's funny is that due to the projects I am working on I may be forced to move to Vista by the fall.  Of course I was on XP right after it came out as well because of the same things.
Good decisions come from experience;
Experience comes from bad decisions.

About to open a bottle of Macallan.  There's my foreign policy; I support Scotland.

rowjimmy

Thing is, in 2 years, MS plans to have Aero out. Although, we all know that translates to 4-5 years.