News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

All Things ViDEO GAMES

Started by VA $l!m, March 12, 2007, 04:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GBL

Will definitely be buying both Horizon: Forbidden West and Elden Ring

And piggy backing off of slim, everything I've seen so far suggests both of these titles being absolutely epic

Newest trailers/gameplay videos (PS5) have me blown away, graphics look incredible with silky smooth frame rates

Still considering custying up for a PC though because I'm an FPS slut, but paying 4-10x the cost of a PS5 seems crazy after only have it for a year and a half
If this is love, I'm never going home..

GBL

Also, I'm actually really liking Edge of Eternity.  There are definitely things wrong with it, but I love the battle system/scenes and how the game levels.

There is a lot to like, but trying to finish quickly so I can dive right into HFW

mbw

Took an old computer from work and upgraded the gpu, hdd, and ram for my boys.
Its way faster than my laptop they had been using to play some pc games.
Might have to sneak in some Warzone myself.

VA $l!m

yall have to check this out.
Sifu is just hands down amazing.
theres lots of homages to martial art films throughout, but this boss fight the first half is inspired from Kill Bill.
When the music kicks in.. gaaah.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

VA $l!m

big hype- Elden Ring launch trailer

VA $l!m

GBL

I picked up a copy of Horizon Forbidden West this past weekend, and have put in about 20 hours since, some thoughts:

the most visually impressive game to come out on PS5, imo.  Specifically, the characters, their facial expressions and when talking is pretty crazy how realistic things are nowadays

the story has really taken a step forward, in a great way.  when I played zero dawn, I was really engaged in the story, but this seems to be taking it to another level VERY early in the game, which I appreciate

I'll still custy up for Elden Ring, but I've put all other games I own on hold until HFW loses my interest, which is hopefully not until I finish the game

VA $l!m

Elden Ring amazing.
most fun ive had in a single player game in like a decade.

GBL

I custy'd up and grabbed a copy of Elden Ring on Friday too

Ive played maybe an hour or so but have no idea what I was doing or where I was supposed to go after exiting that opening cave

Tell me what to do slim

tet

D2 Witch Queen may be the best DLC released yet for the game, perhaps even bigger than The Taken King. just a perfect addition in every way.
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

VA $l!m

Quote from: GBL on February 26, 2022, 07:26:51 PMI custy'd up and grabbed a copy of Elden Ring on Friday too

Ive played maybe an hour or so but have no idea what I was doing or where I was supposed to go after exiting that opening cave

Tell me what to do slim
oof lol
game doesnt hold you hand AT ALL.
just do stuff.
theres no quest log, no mini map, no markers.
its an adventure through and through.
very old school. i love it.
that being said.
the golden glow on map is basically telling you a general direction of the main story, but unless your some kind of souls savant you just want to explore and level up and learn about all the different systems first. i didnt do first boss til i was like 15 hours in.
i'll be honest i've googled some basic shit just to understand what does what, but no actual spoilers other than where to find a few key items you really need to get going.
Just explore the first few areas you come across to the north of where you start very thoroughly.
go to the church. find vendor. buy torch. buy crafting kit., find a few more sites of grace (checkpoints) and the story will progress and youll get your mount etc
theres an enemy camp like NE of startin spot by big gate, theres your first map fragment there so you can see map. its actually an obelisk outlined vaguely on map in all zones so you know where to find them. i think also in that camp or one of the caves nearby there is an item that will let you summon spirits. youll need this, lol.
kill stuff. get runes. level up.
put you first points into vigor for awhile. get your health up first.
then your main stats for weapons or whatever magic your using.
read tooltips, try to figure shit out, if all else fails use google. the wiki is thorough.
have fun.

VA $l!m

Quote from: tet on February 26, 2022, 08:56:18 PMD2 Witch Queen may be the best DLC released yet for the game, perhaps even bigger than The Taken King. just a perfect addition in every way.
yeah ive heard D2 is in peak form.
supposedly its amazing, only issues with game is its hard to get into for new players and that they delete old content, but for OG players its apparently amazing atm.

VA $l!m

Quote from: GBL on February 26, 2022, 07:26:51 PMI custy'd up and grabbed a copy of Elden Ring on Friday too

Tell me what to do slim
also, theres a ton of "10 things you should know" videos on youtube. most repeat the same info.
i really like this guys vids. hes big darksoul guy and idk i just like his voice lol.
the beginner guide is very thorough. will totally help you. if you feel lost.

GBL

VA $l!m

Quote from: GBL on February 27, 2022, 12:25:27 AMthanks bro!
np!
dont give up early tho lol,
youll get the hang of it
from software games are notoriously obtuse in not telling you what to do, and this being open world its turned up a notch.
just explore and have fun really.
once youve got in a groove and explored most of the first zone and leveled up a bunch, Stormveil castle is the first what they call "Legacy Dungeon" that houses the first story boss.
its massive.
im actually lost in their right now lol.
i thought i killed the boss but apparently it was just a mini boss...
I've traveled and explored a TON of places on map though and unlocked the map of like 5 other zones just wandering.
fought some crazy bosses. been hella fun even though i still suck.
suffering is def part of the game lol.