News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

All Things ViDEO GAMES

Started by VA $l!m, March 12, 2007, 04:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

actually, i just watched this vid from ign too and its surpisingly comprehensive for what you can do early game to get going.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

tet

QuoteD2 Witch Queen may be the best DLC released yet for the game, perhaps even bigger than The Taken King. just a perfect addition in every way.
yeah ive heard D2 is in peak form.
supposedly its amazing, only issues with game is its hard to get into for new players and that they delete old content, but for OG players its apparently amazing atm.
the removal of old content HAD to be done - it was getting massive, and now they can actually fix bugs pretty quickly. D2 is already in its 5th year and just had the biggest (and best) content drop yet. you can easily start playing for free, the New Light experience is fun and gets you up to speed quickly. the torrent of stuff to do once you complete that, however, is daunting - so just play what you want. if you prefer PvE, there's tons of Strikes and just roaming around you can do. if you prefer PvP, there's lots of that, too. Gambit also just got a complete overhaul - that's the PvEvP mode that is really unique to Destiny, and done really well (it needs some ammo balancing but it's in a good state otherwise)
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

VA $l!m

elden ring not gonna be for every1... but man, wow, what an experience.
most immersive game i might have ever played.
its been ages since ive been able to lose myself like this in a single player game.
50 hours in already and barely scratched the surface.

VA $l!m

finished elden ring main story in about 160 hours.
still got a bunch of optional content to finish up.
amazing experience overall.

emay

How many hours did you sleep?

GBL

I'm like 5 hours into Elden Ring and still level 2

:samurai: literally
If this is love, I'm never going home..

VA $l!m

great video on the egregious and predatory monetization of new Diablo

its real sad how far the games industry has devolved.

GBL

I've never played any Blizzard games, fuck that shit

SUPER excited about the TLOU PS5 remake, Q4 should have a lot of good games coming out for the PS5

also when my reservation for the Steam Deck is due, so there's that too

jedifunk

I'm not playing many games on the road, but I watch other play a game on YouTube.

Cities Skylines... I play occasionally, but find it oddly satisfying to watch others play it. lol
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

tet

QuoteI'm not playing many games on the road, but I watch other play a game on YouTube.

Cities Skylines... I play occasionally, but find it oddly satisfying to watch others play it. lol
i like Skylines a lot - it's everything a modern-day Sim City should be. very relaxing except when you create traffic jams and kill half your population due to sewage problems...
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

jedifunk

Quote from: tet on June 15, 2022, 08:08:32 AM
QuoteI'm not playing many games on the road, but I watch other play a game on YouTube.

i like Skylines a lot - it's everything a modern-day Sim City should be. very relaxing except when you create traffic jams and kill half your population due to sewage problems...

haha, indeed! its a very enjoyable game, especially with all the mods and such you can add
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

GBL

Quote from: VA $l!m on February 26, 2022, 02:15:57 PMElden Ring amazing.
most fun ive had in a single player game in like a decade.

ok so I finally 'got' Elden Ring, haven't put it down for the past week and am totally engrossed

great game

VA $l!m

Quote from: GBL on June 17, 2022, 01:20:15 PM
Quote from: VA $l!m on February 26, 2022, 02:15:57 PMElden Ring amazing.
most fun ive had in a single player game in like a decade.

ok so I finally 'got' Elden Ring, haven't put it down for the past week and am totally engrossed

great game
nice. i havent gone back since i beat main story but i keep thinking about 100%ing it or doing a new game plus run.. I still think about how  mindblowing it was all the time.

I just picked up JEdi Fallen Order on sale for $10.
Just did intro level but seems really fun and the ps5 version lookin real nice for sure.

VA $l!m

so playstation plus game pass thing is actually a sick deal if you have a ps5 and havent already bought all the top ps5  games like- Ghost of Tsushima, Demon Souls remake, SPiderman
iles Morales, Returnal.

its only like $5 more than my normal ps+ and imma binge the fuck outta it this summer i think

GBL

only game I don't have out of that list is Returnal  :'(

either way, I'm about 40 hours into Elden Ring and I haven't even gone through Stormveil Castle in it's entirety, so I'll probably be busy for another 200+ hours at least