News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

All Things ViDEO GAMES

Started by VA $l!m, March 12, 2007, 04:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

Quote from: jedifunk on March 22, 2007, 10:59:08 AM
which season of the wire are they showing?

i've been meaning to watch the end of this last season on HBOHD on Demand!

season 1 finale is tonite, then they start season 2 in a couple weeks.
i havent had HBO since the show came out, so i'm pumped... and they dont really edit it, except for commenrcials of course... i thought about buying the DVDs, but they are mad expensive.

Quote from: tet on March 22, 2007, 10:59:52 AM
damn, y'all need to get some Halo2 action going, so i can PWN U M0R4N5

soon enough tet, i should have a copy by this weekend.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

tet

well i'm off to Africa on Tuesday, so you'll have some time to hone your skills in preparation for my return (and utter annihilation of your ass) in 2 weeks.
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

jedifunk

man 1st seaon of the wire was the best!  one of the best series ever on tv
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

tet

Quote from: VA slim on March 21, 2007, 04:51:23 PM
BTW: what is the "3 rings of death" ??? -- or do i want to know?!?  :-o

this:
-Phish

jedifunk

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

*jedi runs from room screaming hysterically*
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

VA $l!m

so i'm definitely having problems with my ethernet connection and my 360...

the 50ft cable i use still works fine for my PS2, but i'm almost positive its the culprit as to why i keep getting disconnected from the Xboxlive server.

guess i'll just have to buy a new one and see if thats it...

though i was thinking of checking ou tthe cost of getting another modem hookup or whatver in my basement.

PS. i beat GRAW2 single player on easy.

think i might pick up a game if i go to the store today.

VA $l!m

Quote from: VA slim on March 26, 2007, 03:25:41 PM
so i'm definitely having problems with my ethernet connection and my 360...

the 50ft cable i use still works fine for my PS2, but i'm almost positive its the culprit as to why i keep getting disconnected from the Xboxlive server.

guess i'll just have to buy a new one and see if thats it...

though i was thinking of checking ou tthe cost of getting another modem hookup or whatver in my basement.

PS. i beat GRAW2 single player on easy.

think i might pick up a game if i go to the store today.

hmmmmmmmm...

the mystery ensues:

i didnt change anything yesterday, and was able to play ALL night without a hint of trouble.
then just tonite, just now, i go to sign on, and it wont even let me sign on: it says to test the connection or whatever and comes up with my MTU settings arent right or some BS. honestly i dont buy that, but its the MAx, or Min? transmission unit setting on a router or gateway has to be 1346 or somethin?!?!  uhhh... i highly doubt mine isnt set high enough, but anyway i'd have no idea how to set that anyway, -- i did find a modem setting max speed but it was in the 10s of thousands , so that cant be it... GODSDAMNIT i just awanna play VID games!
Looks like socom tonitE! --this sux!

jedifunk

i got that same thing the other day (MTU shit)... but it resolved itself after about 10 minutes...

i wonder if MS is having issues
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

VA $l!m

Quote from: jedifunk on March 27, 2007, 08:56:51 PM
i got that same thing the other day (MTU shit)... but it resolved itself after about 10 minutes...

i wonder if MS is having issues

werd. thanks.

maybe i'll try a lit later.

though now that i think about it, last night they said somethin about maintenance on the 27th... is that today? ... yeah, it is... maybe thats it.

oh well, i's got two stout beers to drink so i'm fine! :-D :beers:

VA $l!m

HA!

JUST my luck!!   :evil: :evil:
less than 2 weeks after i grab a 360!

look at what MS unveiled today:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/news/2007/0327-microsoftunveilsxbox360elite.htm

jedifunk

i know, sucky... return that thing and grab an "elite"
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

jephrey

You people with your M$ products...  I'm playing Quest in an N64 emulator right here on my mac.  I really liked the old emulator for Playstation.  It was really good and you could play burned games of which I still have a few laying around.  I always liked N64 though.  My bro has some system, and basically, he burned a disc with many nintendo games, many sega genesis games and many atari games, and they'll play on the system.  It's pretty cool.  I also heard that the Wii is a little kid-ish and the game-play is slow, but if you can get remakes of marble madness and tetris, then hey, I'm all for it still.  I guess they've improved games for re-release with the Wii.

I'm just babbling.  I just like cheapo games and RPGs.  Nothing like going out in the woods to "get experience"  Heh.

J
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

VA $l!m

Quote from: jedifunk on March 28, 2007, 08:32:09 PM
i know, sucky... return that thing and grab an "elite"

i wish i could...

though, all that really differs is the 120mb harddrive & somethin about HD i dont understand!  :lol:

really though......

thechad

Right, the main difference is it has more HD space and it is a hddvd player, I'm sure to try and compete with the fact that the PS3 is a blu-ray player, but you can buy the hddvd drive seperately for $80 if you have an older 360.
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

tet

-Phish