News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

All Things ViDEO GAMES

Started by VA $l!m, March 12, 2007, 04:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

One of the things I like about the campaign in W@W is how it shifts from a mission or two as an American in the Pacific to a Soviet soldier against the Nazis.

Declan

Quote from: caravan2001 on November 19, 2008, 11:24:38 AM
Quote from: VA slim on November 19, 2008, 10:52:43 AM
Quote from: tet on November 18, 2008, 11:25:33 PM
played the demo from Xbox Live Marketplace, it was alright.  nothing that much different from other zombie games, but the flow was really good - and it was actually kinda heart-pounding for a few minutes.  i like that in a game... 

though i heard i MUST get Dead Space, turn off the lights, and crank up the sound!  that game is supposed to scare the shit out of you!

dead space got excellent reviews.

on the other hand i finally heard some Socom reviews, and big surprise it got completely panned. in all reality the game is pretty sub par, except the fact that its SOcom which is the best game ever made, so its sorta like a post hiatus phish show.
I was surprised to see it got suck reviews too.  I think it is pretty awesome.....

yeah, well... valve has promised to keep adding content to this game like TF2
so after playing for 2 days... this games pretty damn intense..

I've only played on advanced so far.... it gets pretty damn hard.

once u get to the last chapter of each "movie", you have to hold out against a shitload of zombies using, moltovs gas cans, propane tanks, gataling gun, pipe bombs to your advantage.

Let me tell u guys, it takes MANY tries to beat the last chapter of each movie.

I havent played a game this intense in a while, and i was never really into the zombie thing

edit.  I've only beaten the 1st movie after playing for at least 12 hours.
Quote from: rowjimmy on November 17, 2005, 10:00:20 AM

I've been racking my brains, running through my record collection in my mind to tell you what records are my secret shame and I've decided i have none. I love everything I own and am proud of it. Music should bring joy, not guilt.

VA $l!m

Quote from: tet on November 19, 2008, 02:39:36 PM
i played the beta for W@W, was really good.  it's basically CoD 4 with older weapons, and some nicely tweaked perks.  i really dig the vehicle aspect of it too, and the graphics are sweet.

i'm just too busy now, with Gears 2, Mass Effect, Rock Band/Guitar Hero, and NHL using up most of my gaming time.  and a good portion of Halo 3 still, of course. 

Mass Effect is really just a beautiful game, i already finished the campaign once and have started another one to play some more of the side missions, and try out a different character type while i'm at it - at a harder difficulty level too.  it is so incredibly deep that i'm really just blown away by the whole experience.  it has some weak points, like the slow load times and ridiculously slow elevator rides as it loads your next destination, but overall the game is just awesome - and it has 2 more in the series coming eventually!   really, i recommend anyone who is a fan of good sci-fi to give this game a shot.  the universe they created is amazing.

1. i played the WAW beta as well. you hit the nail on the head. personally i'm not getting it anytime soon, after playing COD4 for a large chunk of the last year i'm slightly burnt on the series, and socom is a nice change of pace. though eventually i would like to get it just to play the campaign and the co-op.
BTW, RJ: what console are you playing that on? i didnt think it was avail. on the ps2 or wii...

2. yeah, MASS effect is the bomb. did you just pick that up TET? i'm also stoked about the sequels. in fact they are one of the short list of reasons i decided to keep my 360 instead of trading it in.  i actually voted it game of the year this summer for G4s awards show.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

tet

yes, just picked up Mass Effect a few weeks ago.  it was $22 used at my locally-owned game store (i prefer to use them over the big chain store around the corner, even if it's a couple bucks more sometimes).  easily one of the best games ever, it's just really nicely done in virtually all aspects.
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

VA $l!m

Quote from: tet on November 19, 2008, 04:57:09 PM
yes, just picked up Mass Effect a few weeks ago.  it was $22 used at my locally-owned game store (i prefer to use them over the big chain store around the corner, even if it's a couple bucks more sometimes).  easily one of the best games ever, it's just really nicely done in virtually all aspects.

BTW., if you didnt know already there is DLC for MASSEFFECT available through the marketplace.

also, when is the new dashboard up for DL? i think its tomorrrow right?

EDIT: i found it. yup, tomorrow!

jedifunk

i thought the new dashboard was available today.... i thought tet had said he was already using it
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

tet

it is, and i am.  and it ROCKS!!!   :banana:

yes, know about the Mass Effect DLC, which was actually on sale a few days before i ended up buying it and i totally missed that opportunity.  i may still pick it up, but only when i'm done with some of the other quests already in the game... lots of those!!
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

whyweigh5.0

the new xbox update is freeeeeekin schweet!

one word.... netflix :banana:
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

whyweigh5.0

I've been playing WaW for the past week and the maps are HUGE
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson

rowjimmy

Quote from: VA slim on November 19, 2008, 04:48:46 PM

1. i played the WAW beta as well. you hit the nail on the head. personally i'm not getting it anytime soon, after playing COD4 for a large chunk of the last year i'm slightly burnt on the series, and socom is a nice change of pace. though eventually i would like to get it just to play the campaign and the co-op.
BTW, RJ: what console are you playing that on? i didnt think it was avail. on the ps2 or wii...

Wii.
Apparently, COD4 was available for Wii as well.

I was surprised to see it in the store.

VA $l!m

Quote from: whyweigh3.5 on November 19, 2008, 06:07:24 PM
the new xbox update is freeeeeekin schweet!

one word.... netflix :banana:

watching G4 tonite they talked about a few of the new features.
one that interested me was the option to install a game installer software, like the one that is Built in to the PS3 already. the two reasons to use this are to cut back on load times and to save use of your laser disc drive.
apparently XPLAy discovered overall VERy little difference in load times, but they said that the hope that is in the future developers will have this feature in mind when developing new games.
i believe the downside at this point is that the software takes up about 6 Gb. maybe not worth it right now.

so, i'm assuming you can only still 'rent' movies via Live/netflix, right?
i cant wait until i get a little cash and i can start filling up my 80GB Ps3 with my favorite movies. it'll be sweet to have a movie collection on my console without any media to worry about. and then i wont be tempted to sell my dvd collection when i need some cash!

jedifunk

yeah, rent from netflix... but you can buy from the xbox live store

and the new interface is pretty sweet.

Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

whyweigh5.0

you can just stream the netflix "watch it now" movies on the xbox too

TheIguana

If you missed the new South Park last night they had a W@W cameo in the beginning...about 30 seconds in

http://www.southparkstudios.com/episodes/210813

and my 360 got received by the repair center finally!! 
We were put here to help each other through this thing...whatever "this thing" is. Kurt Vonnegut

rowjimmy

Quote from: TheIguana on November 20, 2008, 11:17:37 AM
If you missed the new South Park last night they had a W@W cameo in the beginning...about 30 seconds in

http://www.southparkstudios.com/episodes/210813

and my 360 got received by the repair center finally!! 

Dude... that just makes me want to go home and play.