News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Jazz Thread

Started by converse29, April 11, 2007, 01:12:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Awesome. I love how easily he slides into shred mode. That's a classic, once in a lifetime, performance, right there.

I'm gonna go home and put on "Love Devotion Surrender"

sophist

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 21, 2007, 01:37:20 PM
Awesome. I love how easily he slides into shred mode. That's a classic, once in a lifetime, performance, right there.

I'm gonna go home and put on "Love Devotion Surrender"
excellent album.  I really love the flow of it. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

kellerb

I like how youtube's framerate can't handle his playing and it looks like his fingers are blurring together.

cactusfan

Quote from: kellerb on May 21, 2007, 08:12:05 PM
I like how youtube's framerate can't handle his playing and it looks like his fingers are blurring together.

that's not youtube. his fingers actually ARE blurring together, he's playing so fast.

Devendra

For those who enjoy improvised piano ensemble playing, check out "Sweeter Than The Day"- one of their recent shows in Seattle is seeding right now at bt.etree. Very tasty.

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=506717

Devendra

Sweeter Than The Day, also known, in their fully electric iteration, as Zony Mash. This same show is also being seeded at dimeadozen.org under the "Jazz" category....

sls.stormyrider

yep, except for JM, that wasn't once in a lifetime

Quotethat's not youtube. his fingers actually ARE blurring together, he's playing so fast.
actually, on my monitor screen, I saw smoke coming from the fretboard
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

rowjimmy

Quote from: slslbs on May 22, 2007, 07:28:12 AM
yep, except for JM, that wasn't once in a lifetime

Live (on videotape) with the tonight show band? even if he came back everyday for a week, each one is a once-in-a-lifetime performance.

sls.stormyrider

gotcha - I thought you meant the quality of JM's solo in particular. Looking at the big picture, your right.
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

kellerb

Quote from: cactusfan on May 22, 2007, 12:26:52 AM
that's not youtube. his fingers actually ARE blurring together, he's playing so fast.

Its like he's so fast his fingers are travelling into the future to play more notes

rowjimmy

They travel into the future, find the right note and then return and deliver the goods.

Gumbo72203

Does anyone here have BET's Jazz channel?  Its freakin' sweet, they have a show called "Studio Jams" where its just mad people in a studio jamming... it was so sick.  last night they had a drummer, electric violin, bass, sax, keys, guitar.  i can't remember any of their names, but it was so dank. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

sls.stormyrider

it's one of the 250 or so channels that we get that I don't watch. perhaps I should.

rowjimmy

That's why I stopped paying for all those channels. I don't miss them.

sls.stormyrider

agreed. there are a few that we want, but the package comes with a boatload of channels. the only ones we can really pick and choose are the "premium", which we don't get.