News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

DISCO BISCUITS

Started by woodsyn2o, April 24, 2007, 08:46:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Undermind

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on May 15, 2007, 02:47:43 PM
Even though I know you're all being sarcastic, I really have a feeling that these guys are on the crest of a wave thats about to hit....  kinda like Phish in 93/94 when they made the jump to arena's and sheds pretty much permanently. 

Afaik their last tour sold out every show, so I'm really expecting them to be able to pull MSG later in the year.

I had to read some of the posts earlier in this thread.  This one made me laugh.  They couldn't even sell out the Port City Music Hall (Portland, ME) earlier this year.  They drew maybe 300 people, which is less then half of capacity.
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

ph92

any of yall got the cleveland show i cannot find it anywhere it was rippin tho, i did see a taper there though he was FOB so idk if hes still touring but i reallllllllly want that show it was fun

filled by disco, thanks man
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

disco

..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

www.week4paug.net

Sharin' our groove with you

gah

Quote from: Undermind on July 21, 2009, 09:19:47 PM
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on May 15, 2007, 02:47:43 PM
Even though I know you're all being sarcastic, I really have a feeling that these guys are on the crest of a wave thats about to hit....  kinda like Phish in 93/94 when they made the jump to arena's and sheds pretty much permanently. 

Afaik their last tour sold out every show, so I'm really expecting them to be able to pull MSG later in the year.

I had to read some of the posts earlier in this thread.  This one made me laugh.  They couldn't even sell out the Port City Music Hall (Portland, ME) earlier this year.  They drew maybe 300 people, which is less then half of capacity.

Yeah, there's no doubt they have a solid fanbase, and I have seen them a bunch of times, but I don't ever see them breaking into the larger venues. Ever. There music simply doesn't have that wide audience appeal. They do well in their own niche/genre they've created, being the front runners on the trance/jam thing, but there's others on their tail that are doing just as well, i.e. lotus, pgroove, etc. that's just my 2 cents.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

disco

I agree with the above statment. The sound fits well in smaller places. I don't really want them to be in bigger venues. The sound & energy are better in small venues, the same could said for phish.....
Doesn't mean its a bad thing to stay small.

www.week4paug.net

Sharin' our groove with you

TOMW

i don't know if this is a good place to ask or not, but does anyone have the 9/1/01 wetlands show that they can seed?  i know it's on the archive, but i have all kinds of issues with that site. 

i have read some pretty amazing things about that set 2.

thanks in advance.

justjezmund

i have nothing but time till festie 8.  decided to go see some upcoming biscuits, anyone else hitting up any of these east coast shows(sep 11/12/13)?
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

emay

I will be hittin up Atlanta > Knoxville and Boone for this tour.
If anyone needs a ride/place to stay for any of these dates/or just wants to rage it for one of these shows
hit me up with a PM.

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on September 06, 2009, 07:15:38 PM
If anyone needs a ride/place to stay for any of these dates/or just wants to rage it for one of these shows
hit me up with a PM.

dOOder.  if you want a place to stay/rage in charlotte.  let me know.  i'll probably be rocking that show too.

emay

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on September 07, 2009, 04:14:58 AM
Quote from: emayPhishyMD on September 06, 2009, 07:15:38 PM
hit me up with a PM.

dOOder.  if you want a place to stay/rage in charlotte.  let me know.  i'll probably be rocking that show too.

Might make the trip to Charlotte for that show then...I just gotta be back in Boone early morning monday

rowjimmy

I haven't locked this thread yet?
:-P

blatboom

I came for RJ snarkyness and was not disappointed.

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: blatboom on September 08, 2009, 03:44:08 PM

At this point it is time for me to remind you that you have a picture of Axe Lovin, so that RJ can remind me that I also dig on Mandy Moore.

sophist

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on September 08, 2009, 04:41:46 PM

At this point it is time for me to remind you that you have a picture of Axe Lovin, so that RJ can remind me that I also dig on Mandy Moore.
Dig is an understatement, you have stated she makes you cry, so we all know you're also a Coldpay fan.   :wink:
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

gah

Quote from: Sophist on September 08, 2009, 04:55:56 PM
Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on September 08, 2009, 04:41:46 PM

Dig is an understatement, you have stated she makes you cry, so we all know you're also a Coldpay fan.   :wink:

You didn't really say that did you? I must have missed that. Can someone point me in the direction of said statement?
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.