News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

DISCO BISCUITS

Started by woodsyn2o, April 24, 2007, 08:46:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emay

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on October 16, 2012, 04:18:38 PM
So, I'm not super up on Bisco history or older stuff, but man... I just discovered the 38 minute Memphis from 4/30/99 and... WOW.  Holy good god!

The first little theme that Barber and Magner develop together between the guitar and piano is fucking transcendent.  And they get into it so quickly! 

You hear Magner tease the notes right within the first couple bars of the 1st jam, just 2 minutes into the song.  It sounds as if Magner hits the notes, and then after he plays a different chord, Barber picks up on the first notes.  I can't quite tell.

Man I wish there was an sbd of this!  Wow!!!!

That show is straight killer epicness.

Glad to see this thread come back to life!
City bisco was amazing, will go back anytime they have that. Love the Mann Center too.

macaronihead

I've getting back into Biscuits lately. I'm definitely doing 12/28 or 12/29. Tryna do Phish -> Biscuits. So whichever night of Phish I end up being able to get, I'm going to buy Biscutis tix for that night. Should be awesomely exhausting.

Gumbo72203

does anybody know of whatever 99 sbds exist?  I really like this style.  Its really...  rythmic?  Structured?  Its like building blocks.  Its loose, but its not noodly or vibrational.  Its linkin logs, not silly string.  Its legos, and not play-doh, if that makes sense. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

kellerb

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on October 18, 2012, 05:10:42 PM
does anybody know of whatever 99 sbds exist?  I really like this style.  Its really...  rythmic?  Structured?  Its like building blocks.  Its loose, but its not noodly or vibrational.  Its linkin logs, not silly string.  Its legos, and not play-doh, if that makes sense.

What he said, except in a phish thread and not a bisco thread.

macaronihead

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on October 18, 2012, 05:10:42 PM

I haven't seen any. The tapes are pretty good though. 2000 is pretty similar playing 1999 and there are a bunch of those boards.

emay

Quote from: macaronihead on October 16, 2012, 04:55:19 PM
I've getting back into Biscuits lately. I'm definitely doing 12/28 or 12/29. Tryna do Phish -> Biscuits. So whichever night of Phish I end up being able to get, I'm going to buy Biscutis tix for that night. Should be awesomely exhausting.

Do you know which show your gonna hit up? I am hittin up one of these too. cant decide if it should be the first night or second night im in NYC tho.

Gumbo72203

WOW, so I'm listening to 1/18/99 Mindless Dribble....  I finally *GET* what this song is supposed to do.  Holy shit.  This is so epic.  The frantic energy is amazing....  its almost like their Weekapaug, but more involved.  I've never heard this song like this before.

%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

Casey Lenahan

if anyone needs any shows let me know  :-P
I owe Aug $20

rowjimmy

Gumbo72203

finally listening to 12/31/12 Bisco....  this is fucking good!!!  The 2nd set is amazing; one of the best versions of MEMPHIS since 06, imo. 

The whole B&C > Aceetobee > Memphis segment is fucking glorious.  This MEMPHIS is SO good. 

kellerb

Quote from: rowjimmy on January 10, 2013, 05:38:26 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on September 08, 2009, 03:06:28 PM
I haven't locked this thread yet?
:-P

It's probably like those friendly bacteria in your colon.  The ones that we all ignore, but they keep the fudge factory moving correctly, i.e. daily.

emay

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on January 11, 2013, 05:43:02 PM
finally listening to 12/31/12 Bisco....  this is fucking good!!!  The 2nd set is amazing; one of the best versions of MEMPHIS since 06, imo. 

The whole B&C > Aceetobee > Memphis segment is fucking glorious.  This MEMPHIS is SO good.

Ive been listening to 12/28&29 a bunch this week. So good. The jam outta tricycle > mr don on the 29th and the end of house dog > run like hell ending is so sick!

great abyss > spacebird from the 28th is fiya too.

Really enjoyed these two shows after Phish. Raged way too hard on the 29th at biscuits haha lost my voice for about a day. This past NYE run was one of the best ones I have been on/if not the best. Went by too fast.

jmitchell

I have a disco biscuits dat, that I have no idea about.  Anyone want it to transfer?  1999-06-03 is the only info I have on it.  Just pm me if you want it.
Phish Lossless Audio Sources
https://tinyurl.com/2snkn552

macaronihead

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on January 15, 2013, 01:08:44 PM

Ive been listening to 12/28&29 a bunch this week. So good. The jam outta tricycle > mr don on the 29th and the end of house dog > run like hell ending is so sick!

Really enjoyed these two shows after Phish. Raged way too hard on the 29th at biscuits haha lost my voice for about a day. This past NYE run was one of the best ones I have been on/if not the best. Went by too fast.

I was there for the 29th. Agree completely with bolded. I was also a big fan of most of I-Man. and Wet -> Aquatic Ape -> Wet was a treat. Never thought I'd hear those. I really enjoyed the Confrontation and the Boop jam into Tricycle as well.

emay

Quote from: macaronihead on January 16, 2013, 11:38:10 AM
Quote from: emayPhishyMD on January 15, 2013, 01:08:44 PM

I was there for the 29th. Agree completely with bolded. I was also a big fan of most of I-Man. and Wet -> Aquatic Ape -> Wet was a treat. Never thought I'd hear those. I really enjoyed the Confrontation and the Boop jam into Tricycle as well.

YES wet > ape > wet was so $$. I always ask brownie to play ape, he delivered this time.
The banter was ridiculous, barber talking about how his mom bought bunk ecstasy at the show the night before haha

They got vids of the whole show on youtube
set 1:

Set 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5fL_QaGXAQ&playnext=1&list=PLDD224DF91FB13B98&feature=results_video