News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

DISCO BISCUITS

Started by woodsyn2o, April 24, 2007, 08:46:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phuzzyfish12

Quote from: thatfargone on May 13, 2010, 12:33:38 PM
Quote from: phuzzyfish12 on May 13, 2010, 11:17:04 AM
Quote from: thatfargone on May 13, 2010, 10:55:33 AM
Quote from: phuzzyfish12 on May 13, 2010, 10:04:27 AM
Just purchased tickets to starscape where the Biscuts are playing!!! My first time seeing them live, getting pumped.

http://www.starscapefestival.com/

There is a 99% chance I am hitting this up.

Awesome!!! Let me know if you do, maybe we can meet up.

Yeah, definitely.  Ever been to B-more before?

EDIT:  Also, did you get regular tix or VIP?

I got regular tickets.

My friends and I are doing a bus ticket & show ticket combo through starscape that is going to pick us up in NYC and take us to the event and then take us home the following morning.   :crazy: :crazy:

I've driven through B-more on my way to NC for college, other then that I've never been.

thatfargone

Ah, Baltimore....well they have a yearly competition with Philly to see who pulls in more heroin arrests, you can smell it before you can see it (you may know this already )and there are kids on ATVs that randomly flood the streets like some Mad Max type shit.  It is a very wild place!  Out of the East coast cities (NYC, Boston, Philly, DC, Bmore) Bmore is by far the wildest and most opportunistic for trouble.
Quote from: McGrupp on November 17, 2010, 02:27:48 PM

Don't FUCK with the dead. Bobby will kick your ass. You remember this, thatfargone. Dead is SER BIZ.

disco

Quote from: macaronihead on May 13, 2010, 12:41:43 PM
Quote from: phuzzyfish12 on May 13, 2010, 10:04:27 AM
Just purchased tickets to starscape where the Biscuts are playing!!! My first time seeing them live, getting pumped.

http://www.starscapefestival.com/

you should be! seeing biscuits live is a must!

agreed, definitely the best way to experience the band. Bring yer unTz hat :p
..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

www.week4paug.net

Sharin' our groove with you

emay

Ill hopefully be hittin up Starscape too  :banana: paug meet up needs to happen!

justjezmund

Quote from: disco on May 13, 2010, 02:51:58 PM
agreed, definitely the best way to experience the band. Bring yer unTz hat :p
the sesame st. or muppets shit is the only way to go

Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

phuzzyfish12

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on May 13, 2010, 05:14:50 PM
Ill hopefully be hittin up Starscape too  :banana: paug meet up needs to happen!

:beers: :beers: :beers:

emay

If anyone is going to windjammer let me know! got a ride and place to stay. Gonna be ragin! two nights at a 400 person venue that opens up to the beach!  :rawk: :rawk: :banana:

disco

more excitement now that the shows are next week.
Here's my wish list:
7-11
House Dog
Spaga

of the 20-ish bisco shows I've seen in the last 8 years I've never seen any of these songs....Spaga would be at the top of the "want" list but it doesn't make it through the rotation as often. Hopefully one of these will drop during my 4 sets  :smoke:
Good vibes appreciated

www.week4paug.net

justjezmund

barbers back for inferno if you all havent heard.   :clap:

emay

phuzzyfish12

Starscape next weekend and my first time seeing the Biscuits!!! Can't wait!!!  :crazy: :crazy:

Anyone else going?

Nobes

Never heard Disco Biscuits before, but I just read about them in the Phish biography. It piqued my interest. Any place I should start? Are there "must listen" to shows? If any of you feel like helping a noob, just point me in the right direction. Thanks.

justjezmund

Quote from: phuzzyfish12 on May 28, 2010, 07:18:07 AM
Starscape next weekend and my first time seeing the Biscuits!!! Can't wait!!!  :crazy: :crazy:

Anyone else going?
wish i was, have fun and dont space on the future rock and new deal.

disco

Quote from: Nobes on May 30, 2010, 04:49:38 PM
Never heard Disco Biscuits before, but I just read about them in the Phish biography. It piqued my interest. Any place I should start? Are there "must listen" to shows? If any of you feel like helping a noob, just point me in the right direction. Thanks.

they are a tough band to get into, lots of really long songs, and a perplexing song structure can confuse most people enough to send them packing. Most of the shows from fall 01 & 02 are solid. The NYE run for 02 has some really good stuff mixed in, may as well start from there and work through fall 02. The sound has decidely changed from more prog/rock with some techno feel to much more electronica/untz. Check more of the spring 08/09 if you are looking for more straight up electronica

www.week4paug.net

disco

had a great time during the inferno run. Friday night the Voices>RLH(unf)>Insane was a great way to start things off. Basis>Rock>Tricycle>Candy was killer as well.

Sat was a much better performance, the band was really pumped to be back on the stage at RR and showed it. Dribble>Abyss>HAB to close set 1 was amazing, great untz throughout. The House Dog to open set 2 was one of my short list, pretty stoked to hear them rip that out, well played also. The MEMPHIS>Minions>Basis(end)-Magellan was some of the best bisco I've heard in a few years. Looking forward to the tapes

www.week4paug.net