News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Phix

Started by redrum, April 19, 2007, 05:31:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gumbo72203

Quote from: Igbo on May 23, 2007, 02:57:33 PM
Agreed! What is the sense of saving up funds and travelling for a coverband? Listen to a show at home with your people and have a better time for free.

See, you answer your own question.  LIVE MUSIC vs. listening at home.  Which would you take?

Sorry I didn't get to see Phish 437 times, or catch 200 You Enjoy Myself's. 

I still find it amazing how so many people here can talk down on other people's positive experiences.
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

rowjimmy

meh.

I've heard phix.

@ home, the music is better and the beer is cheaper.

Just trying to steer a youngster right, man. You want live music, go see someone who is creating something new.

mattstick

I voted for "I would not".

Bobafett

The End is NEAR!

QuotePHIX TO REUNITE AT BIG CYPRESS FOR LANGERADO FESTIVAL

BOULDER, COLORADO -- On Friday night, March 7th at 11:55 p.m., those lucky enough to have seen the millennium in at Phish's Big Cypress show (or not) can close their eyes and travel back in time as tribute band Phix takes the stage one more time at the sixth annual Langerado Music Festival at Big Cypress in the south Florida Everglades.

Phix is composed of four talented musicians who play Phish's music and capture the spirit of that band's live show with a deep, rotating setlist and extensive improvisational jamming.

Rather than duplicating note for note their songs or shows exactly the way Phish played them, the tribute band pitfall, Phix goes for a looser interpretation of their music which captures its improvisational essence. Their shows also mimic Phish shows in their unique setlists and their spontaneous, "anything can happen" nature.

Phix, consisting of Paul Murin (guitar), Derek Berg (keys), Chris Sheldon (drums), Brian Adams (bass) and Brad "Dex" Wertz (lights) from the Boulder, Colorado area has played about 500 shows in the U.S., Canada and Mexico since they began playing Phish's music during that band's "hiatus" in the summer of 2001.

Their shows include five benefit concerts for the Mockingbird Foundation, including their memorable first tour to the Northeast, where Phix played to an enthusiastic crowd downstairs at Nectar's Restaurant in Burlington, Vermont on a snowy weekday evening in March 2004, as well as annual benefit shows in Denver, Colorado that ended in 2006, shortly before Phix ended its six-year run.

Phix has earned the love and respect of thousands of Phish fans who have heard them play, as well the personal approval of Mike Gordon and Page McConnell who have come out to see them. The band is excited to soon be playing one more time and making a homage to another iconic, never to be forgotten concert venue on the huge pastures of the Big Cypress Indian Reservation.

Phix will be appearing on the second night of the Langerado festival, Friday, March 7. The festival runs from Thursday, March 6 to Sunday, March 9th. Tickets for the festival are still available at the Langerado Festival website http://www.langerado.com/ or by calling 1-800-594-TIXX (8499).

From Phish.net
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

sunrisevt

^^^Yeah, already mentioned when the Langerado lineup was first announced. Someone called it "a vortex of suck so tremendous..." something. Sorry, I can't be accurate or look it up... I'm buzzed. My wife took me out to celebrate my job offer. Ate like a pig and got drunk. But Phix excited me for 30 seconds or maybe less during hiatus. Covering Harpua--I didn't even know about the secret language stuff at the time--was a serious error in judgment.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

nab

I believe this was it:

Quote from: kellerb on November 14, 2007, 03:37:00 AM
I'm pretty sure phix doing a 70v parade big cypress set is a vortex of suck so terrible that it might cause the celine dion/howie mandel ticket to be elected president / vp next year.

on the other hand, I think I started this line of thinking, so maybe I should think positively.

Freakin hilarious.

sunrisevt

Yup--that was it. Thanks nab.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

Mr Minor

Quote from: rowjimmy on April 22, 2007, 09:03:45 AM
it should be noted that they are breaking up after this tour.

Are they each going to form their own band? 
Maybe the guitarist gets busted for drugs...keeps fucking up with stupid decisions with his probation?

Now that would be the ultimate cover band...
:-D

kellerb

Quote from: nab on January 29, 2008, 09:44:37 PM
I believe this was it:

I'm pretty sure phix doing a 70v parade big cypress set is a vortex of suck so terrible that it might cause the celine dion/howie mandel ticket to be elected president / vp next year.

on the other hand, I think I started this line of thinking, so maybe I should think positively.

Freakin hilarious.

Apparently I'm a fucking psychic.

DSO is playing too.  Maybe they rope kimock in and do latenight sets of the 4-15~17-99 phil & friends shows.  Do kimock and fake-phil get along?

rowjimmy

Quote from: Mr Minor on January 29, 2008, 10:11:42 PM

Maybe the guitarist gets busted for drugs...keeps fucking up with stupid decisions with his probation?

First they have to endulge in a gratuitously sloppy post-hiatus tour.

Casey Lenahan

Quote from: Mr Minor on January 29, 2008, 10:11:42 PM

I think they are going to make their own music with the same members
I owe Aug $20

sophist

Quote from: kellerb on January 29, 2008, 10:23:02 PM
Quote from: nab on January 29, 2008, 09:44:37 PM
I believe this was it:

Freakin hilarious.

Apparently I'm a fucking psychic.

DSO is playing too.  Maybe they rope kimock in and do latenight sets of the 4-15~17-99 phil & friends shows.  Do kimock and fake-phil get along?
only if fake phil doesn't fire Kimock's guitar tech
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!