News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

'Paug Parents!

Started by newplanet7, June 10, 2007, 09:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

The biggest thing in a GA/Lawn type setup is being willing to stay back out of the denser crowd. Unless, of course, you have a large, kid-friendly, crew who can pitch in and share the responsibility of corralling the kids.

Caravan2001

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 29, 2009, 02:03:04 PM
The biggest thing in a GA/Lawn type setup is being willing to stay back out of the denser crowd. Unless, of course, you have a large, kid-friendly, crew who can pitch in and share the responsibility of corralling the kids.

yeah, we will be way back...At the big festivals, we have always set up a roped off area in front of the stacks, and that has always been great for the kiddies, but I don;t know about roping off an area at the Gorge!  It is also a little easier when you have a group of 50+ people to actually need to rope off an area.  I think if we roped off an area for 3 people it would be kind of weird!!

sunrisevt

We'll be with a monster big crew, almost all related to our daughter by blood or marriage, and she'll be the only child with us. And most everyone in our group except for my wife & baby will also have seen several show already this year. Then you've got SPAC allowing strollers in, and the park back of the lawn... I think we're more than adequately covered should we decide to bring her.

I more than appreciate all the input. Week4paug.net rules--gotta get me a couple of those shirts.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

willsteele

Any of you parents ever play music for your unborn babies? 

I've been getting into listening to music with my unborn son.....Miles Davis, Phish, Beatles.  Not sure if there are any benefits to it or not but I figure its never too early to start him on the right track.
I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

sunrisevt

^^^All the time. Now, though, it's almost 100% kids' music. Apparently (read: according to the parenting books my wife has read and I haven't) loud, hectic rock music isn't good for my baby's development.

I do get in a fair amount of mellow  :syf: though.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

willsteele

Yeah I try to keep it pretty low key and chill.  I found these great cds of lullaby versions of Beatles, and various other artists, songs.  Really cool stuff. 

So you did it before the baby was born too then huh? 
I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

sunrisevt

Yeah, and during pregnancy we played a lot more cool adult music. Now like I said it's mostly kids' stuff. Elizabeth Mitchell is great for that, though--very mellow & pleasant.

willsteele

Word.  My wife noticed alot of movement in there when I played set 2 from 12/2/97.  I'm gonna save the hectic rock for a couple years down the road.

rowjimmy

Pffft

Don't hold back!
Keep the volume sensible, of course but don't restrict yur children to a select menu of music. My kids listen to what I listen to.

willsteele

Quote from: rowjimmy on April 06, 2009, 05:05:04 PM
...My kids listen to what I listen to.

Thats the sinister plan.  ha   

I actually stay away from the loud, fast, ragin guitar stuff for my wife's sake.  I know my boy can handle it.  He seems to be most active at night so we keep it mellow while we listen in bed.

sunrisevt

Pffft

Don't hold back!
Keep the volume sensible, of course but don't restrict yur children to a select menu of music. My kids listen to what I listen to.

Well, yeah--that's my philosophy, too. But with two of us voting, I usually lose.

nab

Pffft

Don't hold back!

Word

That's how I was introduced to music, why shouldn't it work for the kids.

I don't buy that Baby Einstein bull.

PhishPhan

Pffft

Don't hold back!

I can understand a few Phish songs that kids might like that aren't incredibly hectic. Contact could be a kids tune...?

sunrisevt

Oh, yeah. Contact, Bathtub Gin off the album, sure--plenty of material. It's not like a ban, just a general aversion.

Her vote + my vote = me losing  :roll:

PhishPhan

That's why I avoid the ladies...:D Just kidding?