News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

LCD Soundsystem

Started by August, June 29, 2007, 10:44:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 30, 2007, 01:05:37 PM
Hah...  this is the LAST thing I thought they sounded like.  I would have never guessed that you guys would like anything like this, what with all the Bisco trash talking.  These guys are good, I like it.  The singing is kinda meh sometimes, but the music is great.  I wish they'd have jammed the ending to All My Friends because they had the energy really up there.  Im about halfway through Yeah right now.  I really like the drummer.  Haha this jam is sick, after the vocals end in Yeah.  I think these guys are really gonna help propel the trancefusion genre into more legit territory.

::pukes:: LCD IS NOT "TRANCEFUSION" WHATEVER THE FUCK THAT MEANS.  THEY ARE DANCE PUNK DRAWING FROM THE TRADITION OF GANG OF FOUR, PIL, THE FALL, AND OTHER LEGITIMATELY TALENTED GROUPS.

READ THE BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Bobafett

Dance-punk?  :banana:   :banana:
Ok.  I would not have really thought that, but i don't know the sub-cultures of techno, i just thought it was Electronic Music.  I heard them (him) on NPR not too long ago and really enjoyed hearing how he put the album together, then found musicians to take it on the road.  I like them a lot.  You suggest i listen to the aforementioned groups then?  Peace
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

Hicks

No Gang of Four, no LCD, Rapture, !!! and a crap load of other bands, at the very least check them out.

Not a huge PIL fan, although their first couple albums are great and it's cool to hear what Johnny did after the Sex Pistols.  Personally, I don't like The Fall but their influence on LCD is apparent.
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Gumbo72203

whoah dude....  chill out.  Trancefusion is exactly what it sounds like:  trance music done in the context of a rock band, just like traditional (jazz) fusion is jazz music done in a rock context. 

its just a description of what the band does...  you could just as easily call it dance music, however I feel that that label indicates an artist that only sings and has studio musicians perform on their albums without having their own real band. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

Hicks

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 30, 2007, 04:19:48 PM
whoah dude....  chill out.  Trancefusion is exactly what it sounds like:  trance music done in the context of a rock band, just like traditional (jazz) fusion is jazz music done in a rock context. 

its just a description of what the band does...  you could just as easily call it dance music, however I feel that that label indicates an artist that only sings and has studio musicians perform on their albums without having their own real band. 

Whateves, you just have no clue as to what you are talking about, "trance" is shite like Oakenfold and John Dickweed and it should not be used to describe bands like LCD.  Calling them "trancefusion" is like calling the Beastie Boys "rap metal" or some other travesty.

ytowndan

From http://www.lcdsoundsystem.com/index2.html.......

world cafe show.

lcd is going to be playing a radio session for world cafe on friday, august 3rd. us folks can find out what their local station is (you iknow, to liisten in live) at: http://worldcafe.org

or you can listen online to the wxpn/philadelphia stream Monday to friday 2pm to 4pm usa eastern standard time by going to: http://www.xpn.org/listen.php

apparently there's also the possibility that it'll be picked up by npr if all the right things happen, in which case you can check it here.

I saw this was coming up this Fri.  Thought I'd post it for those interested.
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

rowjimmy

Hrmmm... Hafta check with my buddy @ XPN on that.

mattstick

For the love of gawd do not try and turn Bisco fans onto LCD Soundsystem.

rowjimmy

I wouldn't worry about it.
Not enough "deedledeedledeedledeedledeedledeedledeedledeedledeedledeedlewahwahwahwahwahwahwah"

Blaise

Pretty excited to see LCD, Rapture, and motherflippin DAFT PUNK this friday at lolla. I have to work so I'll miss soulive but my day is planned for mia>rapture>satelite party>LCD>Daft punk>sts9 @ HoB>maybe daft punk afterparty!

Quote from: mattstick on July 29, 2007, 06:32:16 PM
For the love of gawd do not try and turn Bisco fans onto LCD Soundsystem.

Too late, many already know, although I wouldn't worry about them taking to it like say posford or other actual trance artists, which leads me to this...
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 30, 2007, 04:19:48 PM
Trancefusion is exactly what it sounds like:  trance music done in the context of a rock band, just like traditional (jazz) fusion is jazz music done in a rock context. 

Definelty not trancefusion. This term denotes a fusion style with trance, a genre that LCD draws no influence from. Popular trance artists include simon posford and all his groups, ott, and infected mushroom. There are definelty general electronic influences but as fas as spcefics within this larger heading the genres are more dance or even tech-house to a very small degree. They are more influenced by punk and indie music imo. I would def refer to them as dance punk.

One of their primary influences is the group (now defunct) six finger satelite. James murphy got his start producing them and they used to feature a guitarist who now goes by juan maclean.

rowjimmy

I heard some Daft Punk the other day...

Why are they bothering to reform?

August

Quote from: rowjimmy on July 30, 2007, 10:30:45 AM

Why are they bothering to reform?

They never unformed.
How many robots do you know that play dance music?
Like, REAL ROBOTZ?!
(I heard Matt is one of them...)
a

rowjimmy

Quote from: August on July 30, 2007, 10:38:05 AM
They never unformed.

Then I shall amend my post:
Quote from: rowjimmy on July 30, 2007, 10:30:45 AM

Why have they not unformed?

Maude: Dieter has been on the fringes of--well, of everything in L.A., for about twenty years. Look at my LP's. Under 'Autobahn.' That was his group--they released one album in the mid-seventies. Their music is a sort of--*ugh*--techno-pop.

August

ROBOTZ!

[youtube=425,350]6O66ZCvWvBM[/youtube]

Don't act like you don't know about BOTZ.
a

rowjimmy

Music by machines for machines?
[youtube=425,350][/youtube]