News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Bands you have seen, but wish you hadn't

Started by Caravan2001, September 21, 2007, 08:53:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

antelope19

Steve Miller Band
Alanis Morrisett (Radiohead was opening for her, if you believe it)
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

sophist

01) Pillar (Christian version of Limp Biscuit) saw them in 2002.  I got dragged by some friends and hated it! 
02) tDB saw them once in 2003, and didn't like it at all. 
03) New Kids on the Block (it was my sisters birthday and I had to go)

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

antelope19

Quote from: phan003 on September 24, 2007, 05:15:02 PM

03) New Kids on the Block (it was my sisters birthday and I had to go)

Uh huh.......suuuuuuuuure.   :roll:

redrum

Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

sophist

Quote from: antelope19 on September 24, 2007, 05:20:43 PM
Uh huh.......suuuuuuuuure.   :roll:
:-D

however the lot did rage for that show.   :wink:
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

antelope19

Phan serenading his sister and her friends pre-show.  Check the shirt yo!!!!   :lol: :evil:

sophist

:lol:

that has avatar written all over it, I may have to bring that back in a bit.  nice find  :clap:

khanti

Neil Diamond x2 (with parents, very young...)

Ratt w/ Poison (young and stupid, circa 1986/7)

Merl Saunders (found out after the gig that he's a sexist POS. If true, I wish I hadn't given him my $)

Don Henley (went for New Bohemians opener circa 1989-90)

----------------

Regarding someone not enjoying Jack Johnson. I enjoyed his show and the ALO opener. Kind of a teeny-bopper crowd, but he put on a good show, I thought.

QuoteThose Smallmouth are great on a flyrod. They're not all finicky like Trout. Trout are English and Bass are Polish.
-Greg Brown "Eugene"

alcoholandcoffeebeans

n'sync/pink... free ticket. cousin wanted to go. (too bad it wasn't just mr.Timberlake. i enjoy his tunage)
sugar ray/unkle craker/the start.... same reason as above.

most of warp tour 04 and 05. atlanta/va beach shows
an ex played those 2 summers...
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

Mingus

Color me Bad (I wanna sex you up!)- I have no excuse.  It was highschool.  I followed some friends there.  Absolutely the worst.

Eric Clapton - Journeyman tour

Bela Fleck and the Flecktones (first time was great, 2nd time I wanted to smash Futureman's drumitar into tiny little pieces)

Bo Diddley - got arrested for class D on the way home
Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on September 24, 2007, 10:34:02 PM
...ian anderson couldnt sing worth a damn and was wearing purple spandex pants with a bulge i could see from 20 rows back...

actually, now that i think of it, this might have been the best concert ever

rowjimmy

Quote from: khanti on September 24, 2007, 06:37:22 PM
Merl Saunders (found out after the gig that he's a sexist POS. If true, I wish I hadn't given him my $)

That's some pretty harsh talk considering you don't even know if it's true. I assume that you are basing this on some sort of rumour...
I met Merle once and he was 100% class act. I've never heard anyone say anything like what you just did.
I'm glad I saw him play and wish I'd seen him more.

Mingus

Quote from: khanti on September 24, 2007, 06:37:22 PM
Neil Diamond x2 (with parents, very young...)

Laugh if you want...I saw Neil Diamond with my wife a few years ago.  It was actually semi-entertaining.  I couldn't believe how many of his songs I've heard and didn't realize it.  Wouldn't go again but...not bad

Plus his clothes are so sparkly!

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on September 24, 2007, 10:34:02 PM
...ian anderson couldnt sing worth a damn and was wearing purple spandex pants with a bulge i could see from 20 rows back...

actually, now that i think of it, this might have been the best concert ever

khanti

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 24, 2007, 07:28:41 PM
That's some pretty harsh talk considering you don't even know if it's true. I assume that you are basing this on some sort of rumour...
I met Merle once and he was 100% class act. I've never heard anyone say anything like what you just did.
I'm glad I saw him play and wish I'd seen him more.

I'll admit it's hear-say, but two separate people told me later that night, 16 years ago, that he'd been in trouble for beating his wife and/or girlfriend and that's why they did not go to the show. At the time, I had no reason to doubt them and I haven't thought about this whole incident in many years. They kinda made me feel like I should have already known, like it was common knowledge. A little Googling just now turned up nothing. So, I'll retract the statement, shame myself publicly for not confirming a 16 year old rumor prior to re-stating it, and quietly slink off into the corner.

In my defense, my 'friends' those many years ago made me feel like an idiot for not knowing this, so I assumed it was common knowledge.

Quote from: Mingus on September 24, 2007, 07:45:14 PM
Plus his clothes are so sparkly!

Just like a real diamond!
QuoteThose Smallmouth are great on a flyrod. They're not all finicky like Trout. Trout are English and Bass are Polish.
-Greg Brown "Eugene"

rowjimmy

Billy Kreutzman plead no contest to assaulting his girlfriend in the early 90s. Did you friends tell you not to see Grateful Dead shows?