News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

ISO: ph1994-06-13

Started by dividedsci, October 19, 2007, 12:37:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dividedsci

And the leech that jumped off stranded me, I only have 16.7% downloaded on 6/13...I gave back for the 6/14 show I downloaded, by uploading 6/24/97, and you still were firing comments at me. For your information, this morning I checked the torrent I seeded, 6/24/97, and that person I helped was off the seed. O seeds, 1 leecher. I checked again right now, same thing. Yet there are no negative comments on his post, hmmm...Anyway, forget about the show, I'll figure something else out. Thanks to the seeder who gave me 6/14, you are awesome!

DoW

you're welcomer since I originally posted that torrent douche.
careful who you think is thnk is the bad guy here.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

DoW

by the way, I upped 760 MB and revived 6/13 yesterday.

but that's ok.  no need to thank me.  last time I fill a request for you.  take that to the bank.

dividedsci

There's no need for name calling, I thought people were more mature here. I would expect those comments at the etree...Anyway, thanks for the original post, I didn't know it was you. But the seeder that actually seeded 6/14 for me a few days ago was uglyroomer. I know you upped 760 MB for 6/13, you said it twice. And thanks for doing that. But I am only at 16.7% for 6/13, that other leecher got most of what you uploaded and then took off. But it doesn't matter anymore, I'll figure something else out.

DoW

when JI come out and revive a torrent that I more than upped my share on to help you, and then you come out and thank someone for the other show.  that's mature too.

whatwever.  look at your postsa nd look how many are in the ISO forum.  I looked yesterday and there were no seeders on 6/14. only when I posted that did you jump back on.

there's a reason for all the negativity on etree.  keep an eye on the larger torrents, like the 24 bit seeds.  people's ratios suck and then they jump off.  I've never been deprived of a show and I try not to deprive anyone else, but people just don't stay on long enough.  sometimes it takes more than 2 days regardless of your hard drive space.  tell me I'm wrong, but you are looking for a torrent that was set up months ago.  torrents only last as long as people are willing to seed them.  no, they are not meant to last forever, but thinking two days is a sacrificial act is stretching it.

dividedsci

Fair enough, well I think this argument has gone on long enough. Thanks for uploading for 6/13, it seems that other leecher got most of it and left me stranded at 16.7%, but I know that's not your fault. Anyway, I'll make sure not to request anymore shows here...Thanks to everybody who help me now and in the past, I really appreciated it.

disco

Quote from: dividedsci on October 23, 2007, 11:26:06 AM
If you don't want to fill 6/13 that's fine, you don't have to go on a rant about it. I said I usually stay on the seed for a few days to see if anyone else connects, but if no one wants it, then I drop off. And no one posted a reply here saying they wanted it. I can't stay on a seed indefinitely, maybe if I had unlimited disk space that might work. But I don't...Also, you are implying I never gave anything back. After I got the 6/14 show, I helped someone else finish 6/24/97. Is that not worth anything?...I opened 6/14 back up yesterday, and I'm still on it, there were and still are no leechers...Jeez, I have never seen someone get this angry over something like this, are you trying to make an example out of me? Also, how long do you really expect people to stay on seeds? When I download something from the etree I leave it open until I have at least uploaded as much as I downloaded. I am actually downloading 6/13/95 right now and I have already uploaded more than I downloaded, and I still have it open. That's because people still want it. Since I have limited disk space, if a torrent has no leechers, then I need to make room for something else...By the way, I think you might have the dates messed up. I think you might have checked 6/13 and seen a couple leechers. That is true a couple were stranded, I am one of those leechers. 6/14 never had any other leechers besides me...So, if you want to help with 6/13 that's great. If not, then don't, you don't have to yell at me. I have been browsing some past posts, and I have not yet seen this much hostility towards any other newbie.

Whoa there, bvaz has every right to say what he said. You don't know this but he has been an integral part of ensuring that the best sources are available and seeded for all to enjoy via shnfamily. He helped me when I was first learning all this digital stuff, so he's been doing it for a while...helping others to get their shows can be quite rewarding, on the other hand it can be very frustrating.

In response to "How long should I stay on a torrent" question-> You should stay on a torrent until you have a ratio or 1.00 or higher. It doesn't matter if no one wants it today or tomorrow or whatever, keep the seed alive. You'll notice many of the big shows (cypress, NYE's, 2-20-93, other notables) have torrents that are very old, with over a thousand completes. These shows/torrents have been kept alive by people who kept the window open until their ratio was over 1. This is what must be done in order to ensure that these seeds stay alive and are not lost. I have uploaded a few shows three or four times in the past couple years because torrents die when people jump off, this is quite frustrating, I would rather upload a show that I have never seeded or fill a request than up a show I've put up before. Another reason that we can be so quick to jump on this is that we always have new members joining who aren't aware of what goes on or haven't had a ton of experience with digital trading. The more we can educate everyone involved the better it is for our trading community. Don't take this as a personal attack, just a heads up.....  :| guess I didn't read page two....but my point remains: we cherish this band, its music and those in the trading community so we make every effort to preserve it.  :mrgreen:
..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

www.week4paug.net

Sharin' our groove with you

nab

I don't like what I've seen in this thread, but I'll open up a window for you dividedsci.  If we're rushing to judgment on you, post somewhere else here so we can get to know you.  Posting mostly in the ISOs and not listening to bvaz (who is tireless in his campaign to spread the music) won't get you far around here.  I believe in a second chance.  Since this thread almost doubled your post count, why not come on board and tell us a little about yourself.  Take it or leave it, its your call, but a window is open for you now.

Seeding http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=505599

dividedsci

Thank you so much for the offer, but I don't have any of the shows people have requested recently, except the 6/24/97 show, which I already filled. Those two '03 shows at the bottom of the page I have in Live Phish, but not audience recording. So I wouldn't be able to give back if I took your download now. Maybe I'll check back in a week and see if I have a show someone else is requesting, then I can fill it. I'd like to get at least a 1:1 ratio, but right now it wouldn't be possible...thanks!

August

Wait.......do you have 06-24-1997?
a

DoW

the 6/24/97 torrent si another example.  dividedsci revives the torrent and a week later, it has 1 leecher and no seeders.

let me give an example.  I pulled the 24 bit of the Bonnaroo Superjam recently.  it was almost dead.  it took me a week (or maybe a little more) to grab 2 gigs.  while I was leeching, more leechers came on.  I now am over a 1:1 ratio but am remaining on the torrent.  I uploaded my share but people seem to be jumping on sporadically.  it's not even about "doing your part".  it is about keeping some torrents a alive for others.

yes, dividedsci, I called you out when so many others do the same.  I just get sick and tired of reading in post after post that I will seed for two weeks or two days or until my ratio is at least 2.  seriously, go back and read so many posts in here and on etree.  that is all you see.  then you check a day later and there are no seeds.

just understand where some of us here are coming from.  if you are going to post something and not follow through, you need to be ready to be caleld out.  that is all.

nab

Well I have other things to devote bandwidth to then.  Hit up this thread if you ever decide you want it.

bluecaravan521

Quote from: bvaz on October 24, 2007, 07:58:46 AM
the 6/24/97 torrent si another example.  dividedsci revives the torrent and a week later, it has 1 leecher and no seeders.

I'm really sorry I've been seeding that at night but I can't have the window open during the day due to my family.
Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best...

sls.stormyrider

no need for apologies

(why do I keep reading this thread?)
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

disco

Quote from: slslbs on October 24, 2007, 06:20:16 PM
no need for apologies

(why do I keep reading this thread?)

:lol:

(thinking the same thing...)

www.week4paug.net

Sharin' our groove with you