News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

"Paug backpackers!

Started by White_Bandana, November 27, 2007, 11:19:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

August

sunrisevt

Interesting... how do you shave your arms?
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

kellerb

Quote from: sunrisevt on November 27, 2007, 05:25:23 PM
Interesting... how do you shave your arms?

Its up the road, not across the street

rowjimmy

Quote from: sunrisevt on November 27, 2007, 05:18:38 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on November 27, 2007, 03:32:45 PM
I went to the Adirondacks many years ago. paddled the saranacs & climbed Mt. Marcy. Loved it.

For all the hiking I've done there, I've been within a half mile of the summit of Marcy three times, and been stormed off the mountain every time.

Open rock + lightning = get down soonest.

Guess we got lucky.

sunrisevt

More like you were smart, I bet. Most of our backpacking trips were in the "off season"--spring or fall, when the weather can pretty much be counted on to suck. Summer's the time.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

rowjimmy

Yes. Twas summer.
We were lead by an adult with walking pneumonia.
I, the youth leader, had only a mild case of the boogie woogie flu.

khanti

Used to do quite a bit but my ex wasn't into it, so I stopped. Now that we're divorced, I'm starting back into it again. Did a short jaunt on a section of the North Country Trail here in WI a month ago. I've got two trips planned, though. I'm going to do the Foothills Trail in SC in march and the Superior Hiking Trail in MN in September.

QuoteThose Smallmouth are great on a flyrod. They're not all finicky like Trout. Trout are English and Bass are Polish.
-Greg Brown "Eugene"

edemille

still try to get out on at least one backpack a year...usually solo, almost always in the whites.  Done a fair amount of backpacking in VT and MA as well, but mostly I'm in the white mountains.  Now that I've got little ones, the day trips are significantly different, but it was not uncommon a couple years ago for my wife and I to do 15-18 mile dayhikes.  My 2 year old son really digs camping and hiking, got another one due in May...hopefully he/she will be big enough for the backpack by Sept/Oct.  Hoping to squeeze in a trip to NM sometime in March...hiking in winter/spring just outside of Albuquerque is fantastic.

Bobafett

Go to Havasupi.  unbeleivable.  Really, all of northern Arizona is fabulous for hiking...Sedona is sick all year round.

On a side note...I am going to Montana in January to hit up Big Sky.  Any reccomendations on food/bars/day trips (for winter)  Never been to montana, always wanted to, so why not?  i got a pimped out cabin right on the lift, hot tub, kitchen (my buddy is bringing a fresh steelhead from Portland), so if anyone is in the area, we would love to have you over for dinner one night.  Dank is coming fresh from Arcadia (purple urkel?) so bring yo ass.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.