News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

New England Patriots

Started by redrum, December 03, 2007, 11:49:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alumni

I didn't watch ESPN for a month after that game.  :x

But it's ancient history now. Right now I'm worried about when Mayo will return. And whether Brady and Galloway can get on the same page so that the offense isn't an injury to Welker away from being meaningless.
Cause I got a degree

Superfreakie

I hope the league is ready, cause the Matinee Idol is up to his old tricks again while the Grand Wizard's pieces from a year ago are gelling alongside the picks. Last year, I didn't worry too much as I knew they were preparing for this one. Gonna be a great year.....here comes the second dynasty. 
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

Undermind

Quote from: Superfreakie on August 22, 2010, 07:26:49 PM
I hope the league is ready, cause the Matinee Idol is up to his old tricks again while the Grand Wizard's pieces from a year ago are gelling alongside the picks. Last year, I didn't worry too much as I knew they were preparing for this one. Gonna be a great year.....here comes the second dynasty.

in Bill we trust!
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

Undermind

So, I was impressed today.  The running game and defense both looked better than I expected.

Also Logan Mankins is a nut job!
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8358166/source-new-england-patriots-logan-mankins-played-11-torn-acl
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

pcr3

Quote from: Undermind on September 09, 2012, 06:34:52 PM
So, I was impressed today.  The running game and defense both looked better than I expected.

Also Logan Mankins is a nut job!
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8358166/source-new-england-patriots-logan-mankins-played-11-torn-acl

It's been a long time since the Pats have had a RB with that much burst.  And the three top picks from the draft made big time plays for the D.  I think I'm in love with Chandler Jones.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

Superfreakie

Looking forward to the Super Bowl.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

Undermind

Quote from: Superfreakie on September 12, 2012, 01:51:20 PM
:hereitisyousentimentalbastard I just hope we don't end up playing the Giants again!

Superfreakie

Quote from: Undermind on September 12, 2012, 01:52:24 PM
:hereitisyousentimentalbastard I just hope we don't end up playing the Giants again!

Not to worry, they're on their regularly scheduled Super Bowl swoon. Win one year; miss the playoffs the next.

Undermind

Quote from: Superfreakie on September 12, 2012, 02:00:38 PM
Quote from: Undermind on September 12, 2012, 01:52:24 PM

Not to worry, they're on their regularly scheduled Super Bowl swoon. Win one year; miss the playoffs the next.
yeah probably

zimbra

First, I'd like to disclose that I'm not a Pats fan.  Second, what's the deal/status/situation with Welker? 
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Undermind

Quote from: zimbra on September 12, 2012, 03:28:14 PM
First, I'd like to disclose that I'm not a Pats fan.  Second, what's the deal/status/situation with Welker?

no real situation...  He doesn't have a long term contract and he didn't catch many balls in week 1.
http://bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1061159675&srvc=sports&position=2

antelope19

Quote from: zimbra on September 12, 2012, 03:28:14 PM

There's currently a lot of debate, but with a new OC, most people think his production and playing time are going to see a significant decrease. Welker used to be their run game(ie, the short passes over the middle). They now seem to have a legit RB and are taking more of a vertical approach to the passing game with Lloyd.  But yeah, as undermined stated, it's only the first week so time will tell.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

zimbra

With both tight ends on the field constantly and the new RB I was beginning to wonder about the amount of targets he will get.  It has only be one week but I was still curious if there was any rumors on the new OC scheme around Welker. 
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Superfreakie

Quote from: zimbra on September 12, 2012, 03:39:11 PM
With both tight ends on the field constantly and the new RB I was beginning to wonder about the amount of targets he will get.  It has only be one week but I was still curious if there was any rumors on the new OC scheme around Welker.

There are simply more weapons on the field now. More schemes opponents have to defend against. One or two players being focus of an offense does not win SB's. Injuries always occur and, as was proven last year, do you really think the Patriots lose the SB if Gronk is healthy? The more the merrier. The Patriot way is winning, whatever that takes. Catch a few less balls, who cares, still getting paid the same amount. 

Undermind

1st half was sketchy as hell but it was great to see them run the ball like that and what a great play to Lloyd at the end of the game!