News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

have you heard about...?

Started by alcoholandcoffeebeans, December 04, 2007, 12:43:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

natronzero

Mountain Dew Asks Internet to Name Its New Drink, 4chan Happily Obliges
QuoteMountain Dew — excuse me, Mtn Dew — reached out to Internet users for assistance in giving its new green-apple-infused beverage a name by launching a viral contest called "Dub the Dew."

Enter: 4chan.

Happy to help, members of the infamous imageboard descended on the website to contribute suggestions such as "Fapple," "Gushing Granny," and, of course, "Hitler did nothing wrong."

The corporate Powers-That-Be ultimately pulled the plug on the social experiment, but not before the site was hacked to include a fake attribution to 9gag (4chan's mortal enemy), a Rickroll, and a marquee that read "Mtn Dew salutes the Israeli Mossad for demolishing 3 towers on 9/11!"

You can see what the Top 10 leaderboard looked like before "Dub the Dew" was taken offline by clicking here.
I'd rather dwell in some dark holler where the sun refuses to shine, where the wild birds of heaven can't hear me when I whine.

twatts

Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

McGrupp

last weekend there was a festival in North Carolina called "Gnarnia" and apparently it was a huge fail. hundreds arrested and just all around chaos. I was reading the festival's facebook wall to see some funny stories about kids getting "unfairly" arrested and whatnot, but this one was my favorite:

QuoteI want to thank everyone who helped me out Saturday night and made sure I was okay Sunday morning. I was puddled way too much and I want to apologize to anyone I might have annoyed or inconvenienced. If you do not recall I was the one screaming for joey. To all the event staff THANKYOU for getting me checked out ya'll are great people and do not deserve the bad press. If you ever make your way down to Miami you are always welcome to my home since you treated me with respect like family as I would always do the same for you. I had a wonderful birthday weekend dispite the rain, cold and hospital trip. I would do it all over again and wouldn't change a damn thing.

lol.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

barnesy305

emay

Quote from: McGrupp on August 15, 2012, 04:46:06 AM
last weekend there was a festival in North Carolina called "Gnarnia" and apparently it was a huge fail. hundreds arrested and just all around chaos. I was reading the festival's facebook wall to see some funny stories about kids getting "unfairly" arrested and whatnot, but this one was my favorite:

QuoteI want to thank everyone who helped me out Saturday night and made sure I was okay Sunday morning. I was puddled way too much and I want to apologize to anyone I might have annoyed or inconvenienced. If you do not recall I was the one screaming for joey. To all the event staff THANKYOU for getting me checked out ya'll are great people and do not deserve the bad press. If you ever make your way down to Miami you are always welcome to my home since you treated me with respect like family as I would always do the same for you. I had a wonderful birthday weekend dispite the rain, cold and hospital trip. I would do it all over again and wouldn't change a damn thing.

lol.

Haha I was at the festival, two of my good friends but it on.
I didnt see any arrests personally, but apparently it was bad. I dont expect anything less from the Beech Mtn police tho, its a bumfuck mountain town.
We stayed in a ballin mountain house about 80 yards from the front gates and walked in everyday with backpacks full of booze. I had a great time, and most of the other people I spoke with did as well. There was some absurd number that 500 people got arrested, and it was more like 170 after all the numbers were counted, people love to start interweb rumors. And out of those 170 arrests, around 50 were felonies, most were just drinking tickets and simple possession tickets.

gah

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

khalpin

QuoteSasquatch stunt takes a tragic turn on highway

By JIM MANN/Daily Inter Lake

A man dressed in a military-style "Ghillie suit" who was attempting to provoke a Bigfoot sighting was struck by two vehicles and killed on U.S. 93 South of Kalispell Sunday night.

"He was trying to make people think he was Sasquatch so people would call in a Sasquatch sighting," Montana Highway Patrol Trooper Jim Schneider said. "You can't make it up. I haven't seen or heard of anything like this before. Obviously, his suit made it difficult for people to see him."
Eisinger Motors August/Sept. Instory

The Flathead County Sheriff's Office identified the man as Randy Lee Tenley, 44, of Kalispell.

Schneider said Tenley's motivations were ascertained during interviews with friends who were not in the immediate area but were nearby when the man was struck at about 10:30 p.m.

"Alcohol may have been a factor," Schneider said. "Impairment is up in the air."

Tenley was on the southbound side of the highway, about a half mile south of the highway's intersection with Rocky Point Road.

"He was in the right-hand lane of travel and the vehicle was unable to avoid him and struck him," Schneider said of the first vehicle driven by a 15-year-old girl from Somers.

A second vehicle driven by a 17-year-old Somers girl also struck Tenley as he laid on the highway.

Ghillie suits are commonly used by military snipers and some that are advertised on the Internet have a Bigfoot-like appearance.

"This one was a store-bought version, just a commercial Ghillie suit that was pre-made," Schneider said.

Tenley was pronounced dead at the scene.

phil

Quote from: khalpin on August 28, 2012, 08:39:18 AM
QuoteSasquatch stunt takes a tragic turn on highway

By JIM MANN/Daily Inter Lake

A man dressed in a military-style "Ghillie suit" who was attempting to provoke a Bigfoot sighting was struck by two vehicles and killed on U.S. 93 South of Kalispell Sunday night.

"He was trying to make people think he was Sasquatch so people would call in a Sasquatch sighting," Montana Highway Patrol Trooper Jim Schneider said. "You can't make it up. I haven't seen or heard of anything like this before. Obviously, his suit made it difficult for people to see him."
Eisinger Motors August/Sept. Instory

The Flathead County Sheriff's Office identified the man as Randy Lee Tenley, 44, of Kalispell.

Schneider said Tenley's motivations were ascertained during interviews with friends who were not in the immediate area but were nearby when the man was struck at about 10:30 p.m.

"Alcohol may have been a factor," Schneider said. "Impairment is up in the air."

Tenley was on the southbound side of the highway, about a half mile south of the highway's intersection with Rocky Point Road.

"He was in the right-hand lane of travel and the vehicle was unable to avoid him and struck him," Schneider said of the first vehicle driven by a 15-year-old girl from Somers.

A second vehicle driven by a 17-year-old Somers girl also struck Tenley as he laid on the highway.

Ghillie suits are commonly used by military snipers and some that are advertised on the Internet have a Bigfoot-like appearance.

"This one was a store-bought version, just a commercial Ghillie suit that was pre-made," Schneider said.

Tenley was pronounced dead at the scene.

Darwin'd
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

gah

This cracked me up:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/missing-woman-unknowingly-joins-search-herself-165249353.html

QuoteA woman who was reported missing from an Icelandic tour unwittingly joined a search for herself.

According to the Reykjavik Grapevine, a woman described as "Asian, about 160cm, in dark clothing and speaks English well" was listed as missing Saturday near the Eldgjá volcanic canyon in southern Iceland. A search continued through the weekend with reports saying she got off a tour bus and never returned.

It turns out the woman merely changed clothes during the bus stop, and after she returned, those on the bus didn't recognize her. When the description of the "missing" woman was circulated, apparently the lady who changed her outfit didn't recognize the description of herself. So she joined the search party.

About 50 people searched the area in vehicles and on foot, and a helicopter was ready to assist.

Eventually it occurred to the "missing" woman that she could very well be the person everyone was looking for, and she promptly reported herself as safe and sound to police.

The search was called off early Sunday morning.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Mango

Quote from: goodabouthood on August 29, 2012, 10:47:58 PM
This cracked me up:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/missing-woman-unknowingly-joins-search-herself-165249353.html

QuoteA woman who was reported missing from an Icelandic tour unwittingly joined a search for herself.

According to the Reykjavik Grapevine, a woman described as "Asian, about 160cm, in dark clothing and speaks English well" was listed as missing Saturday near the Eldgjá volcanic canyon in southern Iceland. A search continued through the weekend with reports saying she got off a tour bus and never returned.

It turns out the woman merely changed clothes during the bus stop, and after she returned, those on the bus didn't recognize her. When the description of the "missing" woman was circulated, apparently the lady who changed her outfit didn't recognize the description of herself. So she joined the search party.

About 50 people searched the area in vehicles and on foot, and a helicopter was ready to assist.

Eventually it occurred to the "missing" woman that she could very well be the person everyone was looking for, and she promptly reported herself as safe and sound to police.

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Could you imagine? I wonder how long she searched for herself.

twatts

Quote from: Mango on August 30, 2012, 10:30:38 AM
Quote from: goodabouthood on August 29, 2012, 10:47:58 PM
This cracked me up:

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Could you imagine? I wonder how long she searched for herself.

I know many women who are still in search of themselves...  My sister-in-law is a good example...

Terry
Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will

barnesy305

twatts

----------------------

I want super-human will

natronzero

I have no idea where they got these numbers, but here are the 30 Richest Drummers in the World.
I'd rather dwell in some dark holler where the sun refuses to shine, where the wild birds of heaven can't hear me when I whine.