News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

have you heard about...?

Started by alcoholandcoffeebeans, December 04, 2007, 12:43:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marmar

QuoteIsn't this is all about percieved reality?

To a degree......but when it crosses the fine line of letting YOU see YOUR reality and having someone else DICTATE to you, your reality.....

Opinions are one thing.......defending your opinions is inherently healthy.....it's when your opinions are suffocated by the sheeple.......and that's how they do it......nobody should care if I wear a green and pink polkadot sun dress every 3rd Tuesday.....I don't care that I do.....but you are bound to find someone that offends, and more often than not they are offended for a reason they have been BRAINWASHED into believing......

Think for yourself, not for what you are told to think.....

*Back on topic*
For pure entertainment, this movie looks ok.....I'll wait for it on DVD before I see it though......

Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

willsteele

Quote from: Bobafett on December 05, 2007, 04:37:41 PM
Indeed, the exact faith i needed.

Booyah again.  How sick was that band?  Damn they were good.  One album.  SICK.

I'll be waiting for the dvd as well.
I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

cimsm

Well, if you say so...
:-D

Marmar

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

sunrisevt

Quote from: cimsm on December 05, 2007, 04:44:50 PM

Well, if you say so...
:-D
:lol: :lol:
Cheers, mar. We agree by at least 90%.  :beers:
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

sunrisevt

And I keep forgetting--I dig that new avatar. Jedi jazz?
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

Marmar

:beers:

YES!

Yoda was a mean ass bass player in his day man......he could hold a groove like no other.......

sunrisevt

Of course he was--he could use the force on other instruments, vibrate strings without touching them, etc.!

Bobafett

you think he ever force-jerked one off?
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

cimsm

Quote from: Marmar on December 05, 2007, 04:58:51 PM
lol.....wiseass

Just trying to lighten the mood...
I agree with most of what you said though.
:-)

sunrisevt

Quote from: Bobafett on December 05, 2007, 05:48:50 PM
^^^  :evil:

An old, wrinkled, green dude? Almost certainly.

alcoholandcoffeebeans

i think this is the best line i've heard in a while!!   :lol:

thanks for the laugh boba.... k+ for that :)  :clap:
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

kellerb

When 900 years old you are, jerk off manually you will not, hurrmph?

Mingus

Quote from: kellerb on December 05, 2007, 05:57:39 PM

When 900 years old you are, jerk off manually you will not, hurrmph?

:lol:
Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on September 24, 2007, 10:34:02 PM
...ian anderson couldnt sing worth a damn and was wearing purple spandex pants with a bulge i could see from 20 rows back...

actually, now that i think of it, this might have been the best concert ever

Mingus

Quote from: Marmar on December 05, 2007, 04:40:16 PM
QuoteIsn't this is all about percieved reality?

Even though this discussion has fizzled out.  I'd like to add my 3 cents...

There are many people that don't know how to think for themselves and are drawn to situations where someone tells them how to think.  I think it started when they "left the nest".  At this point some of us start to or are already thinking for ourselves.  Others immediately marry someone that will tell them what/when and how to do things.  Look at people that base their life decisions on a 1-900 horoscope or a palm reader.  Same thing.  Without out organized religion, I truly believe some people would wander off aimlessly and get run over by life.  "I once was lost but now I'm found" says a lot. 

Hopefully the people that have the potential to think for themselves wake up and realize that are truths and lies in many of the things we are told.  It's up to us to decide what makes sense and go with it.

It all boils down to three paths.  Leading, following & wandering.  I prefer #3 but #1 and #2 are unavoidable.  Unfortunately all organizations tend to get top heavy and the followers suffer because of it.
Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on September 24, 2007, 10:34:02 PM
...ian anderson couldnt sing worth a damn and was wearing purple spandex pants with a bulge i could see from 20 rows back...

actually, now that i think of it, this might have been the best concert ever