News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Bonnaroo 2008 rumor

Started by mattstick, December 04, 2007, 02:57:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattstick

It's official! The 7th Annual Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival is now confirmed for June 12 - 15, 2008. The four-day camping and music festival will once again be held on our beautiful, 700-acre farm in Manchester, TN, 60 miles southeast of Nashville.

keeb333

The Zeppelin thing might not be too far off... think about it, Stewart Copeland was there in 06 and then in 07, The Police headlined.  well, John Paul Jones was there this year. Maybe he was checking things out for a future opportunity...Stranger things have happened.

willsteele

Is Bonnaroo an acceptable setting for Zep?  I mean..  its only 3/4 of Zep but its till pretty much Zep.
I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

rowjimmy

Remember, this year's headliners were The Police and Tool (and WSP)

willsteele

Still though...  I think Zep would lose some street cred if they took on this one.  Eh.. they already have in my book by doing anything without John Bonham.  Yeah its his son and all but.....  would anyone accept Elijah Blue Allman taking Gregs seat in the Allman Brothers?
I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

mattstick

This will be just another stop on their massive money grabbing tour.  Does Zep even have street cred?  Didn't they do a Caddy commercial?

blatboom

Quote from: mattstick on December 07, 2007, 06:07:43 PM
Didn't they do a Caddy commercial?

:lol:
ouch.

edit: 
led zep :: minus jb
phish :: minus jf

rowjimmy

Led Zeppelin lost all street cred a long time ago.

mattstick

And furthermore, I think Bonnaroo has a reputation as a "musician's festival" now, and even the hippest bands would'nt have a problem playing it.

Casey Lenahan

I think there would be way too many people if Zeppelin decided to play, anyone else agree?
I owe Aug $20

rowjimmy

Not if it were part of a tour...

Casey Lenahan

True, but any rumors about a US Tour?
I owe Aug $20

sophist

I think this will be interesting to watch as the line up is announced.  If Zep does headline, I think they'll need a good counterpart like this years festival had (Police + Tool is very unique and balanced imo).     
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

willsteele

Quote from: blatboom on December 07, 2007, 06:18:14 PM
edit: 
led zep :: minus jb
phish :: minus jf

Word. 

Caddy commercial was indeed done. My initial response to seeing and hearing it the first time was..."you broke my heart Fredo."