News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The Wire, Season 5

Started by Caravan2001, January 08, 2008, 11:12:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cleech74

Please don't give anything away!  I just saw Episode 3 the other night.  The scene with Butchie is nuts.

I actually said, "Oh my gawd!" outloud.  Craziness.

Can't wait to see E4.
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

ytowndan

Oh, I wouldn't spoil anything.  Just saying that its a really good episode.  I was mainly just curious if anyone else is watching them early. 

And yeah that scene with butchie was nuts. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

cleech74

Herc came into the restaurant I work at, last night.  I was not there, but my cousin (the owner) got to chat with him.

Most of those guys seem to keep tabs with the local Baltimore Police.  Seems to keep the show real.

Wonder if they give back to the community.  It really needs it. :|
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

ytowndan

I know they raise a lot of money for that Ella Thompson foundation.  I remember reading that somewhere recently.  Its some sort of charity for the city. 

cleech74

Anyone still watching this?  Jedi?  ytown?

Just caught EP-9 last night.  Shit screwed with my head all day.  Can't wait to see how they end it all.

Best show evar! :-D :-o :evil:

jedifunk

Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

cleech74

The scene with Duke, Mike, and Bugs really got to me.  Knowing that Duke might be the next "Bubbles".  Sadness all around.

"How's my hair look, Mike?"

"You look good, girl."  :-o

Caravan2001

Great episode.....the last two have been off the chains.....the scene where dookie walks into the horse stables was heavy.....I keep thinking bubs is gonna relapse...How many more episodes are there?  I can't believe this is the last season  :oops:

ytowndan

Quote from: cleech74 on February 27, 2008, 08:16:01 PM
The scene with Duke, Mike, and Bugs really got to me.  Knowing that Duke might be the next "Bubbles".  Sadness all around.

Great episode.  I found some dark humor in that line.  Given how she's the most non girly girl, her last line was asking how her hair looked.  And seeing duke and bugs last scenes were really hard to watch.  There two characters on the show that actually don't deserve anything bad. 

cleech74

Felicia Pearson and Gbenga Akinnagbe (Snoop and Chris Partlow) have been doing radio interviews all week.  I heard some cool stories this morning.

Can't wait for Sunday.  One of my buddies is having a "last episode" party. :-D

Caravan2001

I'm stoked as well, but sad to see it go, just like all the good hbo shows....guess it's better to go out on top before you jump the shark....

Caravan2001

Quote from: cleech74 on February 27, 2008, 08:16:01 PM

cleech74- plus K for the avatar!

ytowndan

Quote from: caravan2001 on March 05, 2008, 10:16:41 PM

cleech74- plus K for the avatar!

AYE YO!!!!  K+

::WHISTLES "THE FARMER AND THE DELL" WHILE DISAPPEARING INTO AN ALLEY::

cleech74

Anyone see the last episode?

They did a great job of wrapping up any loose ends.  Hope people aren't pissed, like the last Sopranos. :roll:

ytowndan

I thought it was great.  It was kinda sad seeing Dukie become the next bubbles, and Micheal become the next Omar.  But, bubbles had a good ending which was nice.  It was also nice to see McNulty and Freemon get away without going to jail.  The montage at the end was a nice way to wrap it all up.