News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The Road to November

Started by bluecaravan521, January 14, 2008, 10:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunrisevt

Quote from: antelope19 on January 22, 2008, 02:52:32 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22786860/?GT1=10757

Thompson has dropped out of the race.

What a clown. I never took him seriously, and when he started in this race I got the feeling he wasnt serious, either.

Elisabeth Rohm, on the other hand--he should pay us all for keeping her off USA & TNT for the past six months.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

bluecaravan521

Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best...

alcoholandcoffeebeans

this made me smile...
no other thread really seemed appropriate..

honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

sunrisevt

^^^ 'minded me-- my dad sent me this a couple of years ago.

Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

antelope19

Have you guys heard about the latest epidemic to sweep the US.  We should all be afraid.  Very, very afraid.

Electile  Dysfunction:
The inability to become aroused over any of the choices for president put forth by either party in the 2008 election year.

:-D
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

sls.stormyrider

Barack's top 10 list on Letterman

"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

bluecaravan521

Wow- Obama destroyed the SC primary...that momentum is going to be hard to kill.  Super Tuesday...shit thats going to be insane.
Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best...

sls.stormyrider

yep
NYT endorsed Hillary
Caroline K endorsed Barack, rumor has it that Ted K will be soon.

If you saw the SC debate or read the "fact checkers" by the news outlets, you will see why I don't trust Hillary. Not because she's a woman, but because when she attacked Barack she twisted around what he said and basically said stuff that wasn't true. I guess she was doing what politicians have been doing for years. She lied.

susep

props to Obama although Hilarity still leads the overall delegate count, so far that is...

rowjimmy

Here's a telling snippet from today's Washington Post:
QuoteIn a quiet moment of an otherwise-fiery Democratic debate Monday, Barack Obama reflected on the frenzy sparked by seemingly every one of his and Hillary Rodham Clinton's utterances.

"I'm not entirely faulting the media," Obama offered. "There's no doubt that in a race where you've got an African American and a woman," then, after an uncomfortable pause, he continued, "and John . . ."

The camera flashed to former senator John Edwards, smiling bashfully amid a chorus of audience laughter, the white man on a presidential stage that until this year was dominated by white men.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/01/26/AR2008012602552.html

rowjimmy

Quote from: slslbs on January 27, 2008, 10:11:13 AM
yep
NYT endorsed Hillary
Caroline K endorsed Barack, rumor has it that Ted K will be soon.

Done.
Just now.
Obama is onstage accepting and saying thanks, etc.

edit:
great speech... as usual.

bluecaravan521

I'm getting pissed at Hillary- campaigning in boycotted states and then trying to get them added in?  That's just ridiculous and cheap play.  I love that in Michigan 40% of the voters voted "uncommitted" when she was the only name on the ballot- they actually got out of their houses to vote in a meaningless primary just to vote against her.

sls.stormyrider

yea, she is going down to FLA and trying to get that added in - after all the candidates agreed to the DNC rules.

like I said at the beginning of this convo - there's something slippery about her

mattstick