News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The Road to November

Started by bluecaravan521, January 14, 2008, 10:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

BTW, Hillary hit it out of the park tonight.
Great speech.

mattstick

I thought it was good not great, but she did her job to unify the party and support Obama.

Sweet Orange pant-suit.

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

nab

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 26, 2008, 11:09:32 PM
BTW, Hillary hit it out of the park tonight.
Great speech.

Agreed.

mattstick

Can you smell what Barack is cooking?

Great speech from Biden.  I don't really dig the call and response type stuff that the crowd really wants to get into but Biden really drove the points about McCain home.

Still hoping Barack takes some time tomorrow night to lay out specifics, especially his economic plans.

Guyute

I have always liked Biden.  I am in the camp of if you have something to say, say it.  Truth at all time as truth breeds awareness.
Good decisions come from experience;
Experience comes from bad decisions.

About to open a bottle of Macallan.  There's my foreign policy; I support Scotland.

sls.stormyrider

agreed, although that philosophy has gotten me into trouble more than once.

All the speeches were very good. I like Biden. Hopefully we'll have a change.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

rowjimmy

I enjoyed last night's speeches as well.

On a side note, I had a discussion, yesterday, with an attorney who is well versed in areas of energy policy.
He has personally met with both McCain & Obama's energy policy advisors and had some interesting insights.
The nutshell is this:
Obama has a comprehensive plan with many points across the spectrum as is needed at this time of transition.
McCain plans to drill for oil and to think about coming up with other plans.

tet

i was really impressed with Biden's speech last night.  never heard him before, and i think he really delivered a powerful case for Obama. 

Pres. Clinton, as always, pwnd.

i'm very excited for tonight, though McCain's VP pick will probably conveniently leak out just in time for the post-speech discussions. 
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

tet

FYI, full text of Clinton's speech, with video. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/08/27/bill-clinton-democratic-c_n_121941.html

isn't your next 20 minutes worth watching one of the greatest orators in history make a case for the most important election in our lifetime?
-Phish

rowjimmy

Quote from: tet on August 28, 2008, 10:58:47 AM
FYI, full text of Clinton's speech, with video. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/08/27/bill-clinton-democratic-c_n_121941.html

isn't your next 20 minutes worth watching one of the greatest orators in history make a case for the most important election in our lifetime?

It was worth it last night...

tet

i sadly missed the first 10 minutes of it so was glad to catch it today (Yanks made it interesting against the Sox for a few innings, which grabbed my attention).
-Phish

antelope19

Yonder is playing the DNC tonight along with Will I Am, Sheryl Crow, Jennifer Hudson and Stevie Wonder.

http://www.jambase.com/Articles/14893/YMSB-To-Play-Obama's-Party
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

sls.stormyrider

reminds me - I was gonna comment the other day and forgot- pretty good selection of music Monday. Stevie, EWF, James Brown.

sure beats 2nd gen Fleetwood Mac
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

sophist

Quote from: mattstick on August 27, 2008, 11:02:55 PM

Can you smell what Barack is cooking?

Great speech from Biden.  I don't really dig the call and response type stuff that the crowd really wants to get into but Biden really drove the points about McCain home.

Still hoping Barack takes some time tomorrow night to lay out specifics, especially his economic plans.
The specifics to his tax plan can be found here:
http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/more_tax_deceptions.html

I think his tax plan is well thought out.  While the rich will lose some money to higher taxes under Obama, they actually lose more money under McCain.  I find that to be ironic. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!