News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The Road to November

Started by bluecaravan521, January 14, 2008, 10:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattstick

Quote from: mattstick on August 29, 2008, 07:40:27 AM

Sarah Palin, McCain's VP pick?

NBC News is confirming that Sarah Palin is the VP pick for the GOP.

Can't wait for the Palin vs. Biden debate.

mattstick

tet

"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

antelope19

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

rowjimmy

antelope19

How pissed is Hillary right now?

rowjimmy

I think it's a pussy move.

A friend and coworker (and woman) noted that she's a bit insulted by the obvious pandering.

antelope19

So you're saying you don't think she's qualified for the job?

EDIT:  Personally, I don't know enough about her to make a decision one way or another.  I'll need to do some research.

bluecaravan521

A quick look over her wikipedia article...she looks like a clever pick.  The pandering aspect is obnoxious, but she seems to be the 'maverick' her buddy McBush pretends to be... high approval rating in Alaska also
Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best...

rowjimmy

Quote from: antelope19 on August 29, 2008, 11:10:47 AM

EDIT:  Personally, I don't know enough about her to make a decision one way or another.  I'll need to do some research.

No idea if she's qualified.

It would have been far smarter to find woman from a state with some actual electoral votes...

antelope19

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 29, 2008, 11:35:51 AM
Quote from: antelope19 on August 29, 2008, 11:10:47 AM

No idea if she's qualified.

It would have been far smarter to find woman from a state with some actual electoral votes...

agreed.

sls.stormyrider

she's known as a maverick
has no national experience so one questions her qualifications to be commander in chief

I suspect she is very bright, talented etc, but to me this is McCain obviously going after the "disaffected" Hillary supporter. Unfortunately, despite Hillary's speech, I suspect there are a lot of women who are pissed off and won't vote for Obama just to get back at the Dems, or because they take the whole thing as a personal affront.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Hicks

Quote from: slslbs on August 29, 2008, 11:47:40 AM
has no national experience so one questions her qualifications to be commander in chief

I suspect she is very bright, talented etc, but to me this is McCain obviously going after the "disaffected" Hillary supporter. Unfortunately, despite Hillary's speech, I suspect there are a lot of women who are pissed off and won't vote for Obama just to get back at the Dems, or because they take the whole thing as a personal affront.

Any woman who votes for McCain is a moron.  Enjoy your ultra-conservative Supreme Court! 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

rowjimmy

Quote from: Hicks on August 29, 2008, 11:52:58 AM
Quote from: slslbs on August 29, 2008, 11:47:40 AM

Any woman who votes for McCain is a moron.  Enjoy your ultra-conservative Supreme Court! 

SER.
Cheated on the woman who waited for his ass while he was in a POW camp?
Really?
This is the kind of person we're supposed to respect?

And the defense of "that was 30 years ago" only flies if we can say it about his military service too.

mattstick

McCain speaking less than 12 hours after Obama's speech is just embarrassing... guy just seems Old and In The Way as he looks down at his notes and gives these corny pandering smiles...