News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Political Vids/Images

Started by rowjimmy, March 19, 2008, 03:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopper_smurf

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

kellerb

Quote from: runawayjimbo on October 10, 2016, 12:35:33 PM
Roger Waters had a message for Trump during Pigs last night at Desert Trip in Indio.

Kinda sad he didn't give the pig a hilarious wig. 

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

PIE-GUY

Trump's PR firm...

Sam B killin' it as usual...

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

tet

...and why didn't they give the Daily Show to Samantha Bee??  not that I think Trevor Noah is bad - he's pretty funny actually, but man, she would have absolutely killed it.
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

ytowndan

Quote from: tet on October 12, 2016, 11:21:22 PM
...and why didn't they give the Daily Show to Samantha Bee??  not that I think Trevor Noah is bad - he's pretty funny actually, but man, she would have absolutely killed it.

Yeah, Trevor is getting better, but he's still hit-or-miss.  At least we get Sam (and John Oliver) once a week. 

While I'm at it, I'd like to offer my belated fuck you to Comedy Central for cancelling The Nightly Show.  Larry was, IMO, right up there with Sam and John.  He was pretty much killing it every night.  Though, I will admit that some of his contributors weren't the greatest, and his panel segment was way too short and often felt akward with his two contributors going for jokes while a more serious guest tried to get real.  But his behind-the-desk stuff was top notch basically every night.  I hope he lands somewhere else. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

PIE-GUY

I could not agre more that Sam B would be crushing the Daily Show right now. Honestly, they fucked that one up... and if tbs would give her 4 nights a week to build momentum she'd probably win the "segment" such as it is.

As for Oliver, I'm glad his show is weekly. His team really takes advantage of the full week to produce in depth great stories. I don't get that same sense of depth from Sam B's weekly format. She should be Daily.

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

runawayjimbo

That's a good one!

New cover of The Economist made me giggle too.

Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

PIE-GUY

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

rowjimmy

mattstick

Buffalo Budd

^^^Cool!

VDB

Is this still Wombat?