News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Political Vids/Images

Started by rowjimmy, March 19, 2008, 03:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gah

Quote from: Declan on October 11, 2008, 01:34:35 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/us_elections_2008/7665238.stm

watch this one folks

this is brutalllllll

anyone watch yet?

i like how he just shakes it head at that lady at the end. i wonder if he's thinking, "What the hell? and THESE are the people supporting me? What have I been doing or saying or ads have I been putting out there to get these idiots on my side?"

i don't know thats really what he thought, i'm just saying...   :-P
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Declan

Can we solve our economic problems with neverending "liquidity injections"? If you have more debt and inflation than actual capital, do you really have capitalism?

this ones less serious

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 17, 2005, 10:00:20 AM

I've been racking my brains, running through my record collection in my mind to tell you what records are my secret shame and I've decided i have none. I love everything I own and am proud of it. Music should bring joy, not guilt.

StCarl

Here's another serious asshole lending his user-generated personal touch to the McCain/Palin campaign

Later, the guy gets some air time on CBS:
QuoteA man brought a stuffed monkey doll wearing an Obama sticker to a Palin campaign event in Johnstown, Pa. Realizing he was caught on camera, he passed it off to a child he didn't know.
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=4515218n&tag=centerColumn;centerColumnContent
Quote from: McGrupp on January 25, 2011, 02:39:37 PM
your overall taste in phish shows perplexes me.

ytowndan

:-D
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

bluecaravan521

Hahahaha ytown that's great!  :-D
Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best...

mbw

jewish?  schlep on down to florida and talk some sense into your grandparents

Sarah Silverman and The Great Schlep

http://www.thegreatschlep.com/site/index.html

sophist

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Declan

wow, blatantly accusing blacks of being racist

wheres the next part, where they talk to McCain supporters in the same manner?

I've been racking my brains, running through my record collection in my mind to tell you what records are my secret shame and I've decided i have none. I love everything I own and am proud of it. Music should bring joy, not guilt.

sophist

Quote from: Declan on October 14, 2008, 02:22:14 PM
wow, blatantly causing blacks of being racist

do you even know what racist means? 

Being black and voting black isn't racist (it could argued as a vote of ignorance, but that is a tandem others can tackle).  Racism is defined as traits that promote racial superiority.  Having a black president doesn't equate to racial superiority for any race.  Obama has said he is putting Americans first, that would be all citizens. 

The point of the post was to point out the lack of knowledge by the people interviewed, granted it is a very, very, very small sample, it is still telling in that it shows individuals who haven't done their homework.  This isn't reflective of anything but that, it reveals no racial, social, or economical trends about voting, just that a few souls aren't informed.     
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Declan

lets go to harlem and ask people if they are educated in politics

me saying racism was a hard call and it may be more along the lines of classism...

at least the radio hosts will be happy at the end of the day.

gah

Quote from: Sophist on October 14, 2008, 02:37:38 PM
Quote from: Declan on October 14, 2008, 02:22:14 PM
wow, blatantly causing blacks of being racist

do you even know what racist means? 

Being black and voting black isn't racist (it could argued as a vote of ignorance, but that is a tandem others can tackle).  Racism is defined as traits that promote racial superiority.  Having a black president doesn't equate to racial superiority for any race.  Obama has said he is putting Americans first, that would be all citizens. 

The point of the post was to point out the lack of knowledge by the people interviewed, granted it is a very, very, very small sample, it is still telling in that it shows individuals who haven't done their homework.  This isn't reflective of anything but that, it reveals no racial, social, or economical trends about voting, just that a few souls aren't informed.     

I thought it went along the lines of what we discussed yesterday and biscuits kids....definitely got a lot of uninformed voters out there, whether it be at a biscuits show or in harlem...or out in middle of nowhere ohio...wherever...

mattstick

gah

I'm usually not one to like hearing what musicians or celebs have to say on politics, but someone forwarded me this song, which I thought was pretty cool:

Anyhow, that made me want to find the speech it was taken from, which I hadn't heard before, but man, it is really damn good (especially from the 9 minute mark onwards):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe751kMBwms&feature=related

mattstick

mattstick

Pretty funny video of Haydn Panettiere "stumping" for McCain...

some NSFW language kids:

http://www.popoholic.com/video/hayden-panettiere-mccain.html