News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

LETS GO!

Started by guyforget, March 20, 2005, 01:43:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guyforget

MOUNTAINEERS!

LETS GO!

MOUNTAINEERS!

HOLY SHIT WHAT A GAME!  Best basketball game Ive seen in YEARS; and I watch ALOT of basketball.   I dont care how my bracket looks now; its worth my 20$ to see the Mounties pull out wins like that ALL FUCKIN' NIGHT!

WHOOOW what a game!

-AD_

Bill

Did anybody have WV winning that one?  Wow!

guyforget

Mattstick did....
-AD_

ucusty

gainsey went bezerk!  another tourney chalked full of upsets

guyforget

W00T MOUNTAINEERS!

Elite Eight Baby!  Bring on Louisville; Welcome to the Big East!
-AD_

guyforget

Well, at least we made it farther in the tourney than.... DUKE!  HAHAHA, SUCKAS!
-AD_

Blaise

C'mon Illini! The overall number one is the underdog, just how we want it. The heels may have the edge on individual talent, i'll give you that, but Illini has the unmeasureable intangibles on their side. Experience, team chemistry, destiny(?)...

guyforget

I agree that the Illini have intangibles, but not with the implication that the Tar Heels dont.  Theyre the leading scoring team in the country, you think they dont have intangibles like chemistry?  What experience does Illinois have over Carolina?  They only made it to the Sweet 16 last year, that doesnt equal experience.  Not to mention that Roy Williams has more experience in this situation than Bruce Weber.
-AD_

Blaise

Experience in terms of more seniors in rotations but if anything carolina prob does have more tourney exp and roy williams facor, thats why I had to include the fate comment as well. I don't think that the heels being the highest scoring team will be a a factor because Illini can certainly put up points as well. Even my team, wisonsin, a horrific offensive team put up 80 on them. UNC can be an easier case to argue at times, just list their starting 5, i just feel that it is the illinis year. gut instinct, we'll see how wrong I am tommorow...

guyforget

I agree that the "destiny" card belongs to UofI.  But I dont really believe that firmly in absolute destiny, so the factor doesnt scare me one bit.  

Considering that UNC averages as many or more (forget exactly who we're tied with, but theres at least one team) assists than any other team that got into the tournament and scores more points than any other team I think that we have some chemistry.  

Im not saying we're a better team or that we're going to win tonight.  I expect a good game and I hope that my boys in blue can come through and get a trophy for a storied coach who also happens to be UNC alum.
-AD_

guyforget

Great game, Illinois.  I really just think it was Roy Williams's zen year.  Back in his homestate, back at his alma mater, rid of the first year jitters and playing with a few spectacular recruits of his own.
-AD_

jephrey

I suppose I have to give props to the Heels.  I was rooting for Illinois just becuse my bro went to the school and I live in the state.  My team is the Montana State Bobcats so I really won't have any rooting to really do for another many years when alll schools level out a lot.  I did think that the Heels would win, just because of their inside game.  That did shine through as well.    

Congrats!

Jephrey
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Blaise

Time to eat my words. Sean May is unstoppable. I just wish that it would have been a little closer but it was a good finish nonetheless.